Dabinetts for Sale Eastern Washington State

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pgreensoup

Reaction score
Hi folks, a member of the Cider Workshop Google Group suggested I post over in this group.

I have a friend with a 1/2 acre of cider apples (near Cashmere Washington). This year his Dabinetts are plentiful and he can't find a buyer. I've been racking my brain trying to help him figure out what to do. Obviously, he can't keep tending to the trees year after year if there aren't any buyers. We are wondering if the mid to large cider makers around here are just so accustomed to using cull dessert apples for cheap that they aren't willing to pay for good cider varieties. But I'm thinking surely there are enough hobbyists around that would be willing to pay for hard-to-find varieties. He's also a busy farmer who doesn't want to chase $20 here and $13 there - He'll need to get folks to purchase a decent amount. Any thoughts on how I help him find those hobbyists? I even wondered if it would be possible to form a sort of co-op/membership model with folks purchasing shares and getting enough apples each year to make 5-30 gallons of cider. I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has thoughts, or wants to buy a bin or two. I can put you in contact. I'd hate to see him cut down his trees.

He is wanting to get $0.55/lb or $400 a bin.

Back