this failed me as a flare nut picnic tap, don't do it....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi-Point. Makers of dirt cheap pew-pews for low prices. ;) They're the ghetto stepchild of their world. No one with any kind of standards buys one unless it's part of a joke. Or lost a bet.
:off:
72222770-6CE0-4801-8883-0D1C00D87A90.jpeg

i had to google "pew-pew"....at first i thought it was another wise crack about me....

but after googling, i found out it's a cool 'reference' to the A-Team!!! ;) :mug: j/k

do they make a stout picnic tap?for like if you buy a keg of guiness for a party or something? 🤔

You can pour a guinness with a plastic picnic tap.
The video is awful but believe me, it was a pretty decent cascade effect.
No nitro, only CO2.

Attachments

• Guinness picnic tap.mp4
    9.6 MB
Awful lot of hate in this thread. I have been running picnic taps for about 7 years now. I have a 10 tap keezer, some of the taps are soda at 25 psi. I have not had all these problems other people seem to have, not even when my kids pull themselves a glass of soda do they have problems. And since I keep the taps in the cooler, I don't get the stale beer smell or fruit flies in my basement.

Maybe the problem is many people do not understand how to properly use them, or lack the physical dexterity. Perhaps @bracconiere could make an instructional video to help those less fortunate so that they too can reap the benefits of these affordable, easy-to-clean little miracles.

so i tried this so my picnic taps would be removable, but the one on the right after 6 or so months has developed a crack in the jumper tube.....
Where's the crack? Or is that a stock picture? ;)

I suspect the problem is the very short distance (1/8", if that much) between the 2 barbs with the piece of vinyl hose connecting them.
It's the only flexible hinge in the assembly, and may be stressed.

Must have made a real mess... or even worse you lost precious beer!

So, why not just replace that short piece of vinyl hose every 3-6 months, before it cracks again? Problem solved.

Must have made a real mess... or even worse you lost precious beer!

no mess, other then @BrewerBrad82 's observation...but i felt it dripping on my finger while i was holding it...the crack in the vinyl is on the bottom....i quickly swapped my tap to the left one......

So, why not just replace that short piece of vinyl hose every 3-6 months, before it cracks again? Problem solved.

i'm hoping this is availible by then....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/threads/why-no-higher-end-picnic-taps.686191/post-9200649

Back