Thermostat Bypass for ITC-1000 Breakthrough!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MatthewTCranford

Reaction score
Goal: Bypass the stock mini-fridge thermostat to allow the fridge to get below 30F.

Why: So the Inkbird ITC-1000 could be wired up to the mini-fridge to better control the internal temperature and get to temperatures below the 40-ish degrees the stock thermostat would allow.

Breakthrough: After reading the various ways I could rewire the fridge, bypass the thermostat all together, add heat to the sensor so it'd keep the fridge on, and all kinds of crazy stuff, I stumbled across a modification on a cheese fridge forum that was easy, required no rewiring, and has worked brilliantly.

Most thermostats have a screw in them for calibration purposes. The cheese people were unscrewing the screw to increase the minimum temperature to prevent the temp from getting too low. I simply screwed the screw further in and was able to get my fridge down to 20F (before adding the ICT-1000 in to switch off at the designated temp.)

(See shiny screw in bottom right of attached picture)

<This is part of a kegerator rebuild I'm doing currently>

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/check-it-out-kegerator-rebuild-upgrade.658965/

Attachments

• 20181126_182108.jpg
    20181126_182108.jpg
    764.1 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Back