The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not completely committed to anything. I was thinking basic just for simplicity but I would love anything that has the name and would look cool on a bottle. In looking into ideas online I found that there is a Happy Moose Juice juice company and a Moose Juice Vape company, and the Vape logo is actually pretty cool. I don't want to just pirate the logo thought.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/...1/9fbc60_2324fdc95af14bb4926727b394a420e9.jpg

Would you mind if I take a crack at this one? I have a slightly different idea that might work if you aren't committed to your concept.

By all means. People are probably getting sick of seeing my attempts haha. I've got a full inbox of projects I'm working on as well.

Name - Minotaur Imperial Stout

This is right down my alley. Will have a few preliminary's for you shortly.

Name - Minotaur Imperial Stout
Shooting for 15%, name of the brewery is my screen name, MadCow Brewing.
Let me know if you want more info.
Ready go....

3450iex.jpg

2ywdbug.png

Anything interest you from either of these? There are so many different styles of minotaur, I figured it best to not go crazy until I asked.

2ywdbug.png

Anything interest you from either of these? There are so many different styles of minotaur, I figured it best to not go crazy until I asked.[/QUOTE]

I like the way this one is going. I was thinking the Greek mythological beast.
Nice. :mug:

Couldn't sleep and bored, can't brew right now, so decided to work on a few Illustrator skills. The result I put out there for any that need a good (well I think its good at least), free to use slightly stylized beer glass for logo/label designs. It is all in Illustrator so if anyone wants it with a different beer (darker/lighter) let me know. Should be a quick change to make it a stout or a pils (though then the glass should probably be changed ideally...)

It's png with transparent background to use as a layer in Photoshop, Gimp etc...

BeerGlass1-EclecticBrews.png

Oh, TheCADJockey Sweet labels, especially the second one!

The name of our homebrewery is Barking Mad Brewing
And I've got a picture of my dog that I've been messing with
I don't have a solution for you but I just want/need/am desperate to say I love the idea of getting a dog involved. I thought of naming my brewery Dog's Nose (with a slogan like, Wet! Cold! And Friendly!) - and I had to drop this idea for the only reason, Dog's Nose in the language of the country I reside in sounds veeeeeeeeery similar to Dog's Fart, and the latter is an idiom identical to BS in English... But all my best wishes to your dog (and OK, to his man, and his beer)!

Anything interest you from either of these? There are so many different styles of minotaur, I figured it best to not go crazy until I asked.
Have to say that both look great, but I loved the subtlety of the first one, it requires a bit of knowledge about the minotaur lore. =)

Have to say that both look great, but I loved the subtlety of the first one, it requires a bit of knowledge about the minotaur lore. =)

Thank you, that was what I was going for, especially after sifting through 1000 weird minotaur images. There are so many renditions of the creature it's crazy. It did remind me how much I enjoyed the stylized beast in the movie Immortals though. Very cool.

Thanks for the compliment.

@TheCADJockey you are killing it. Maybe it'd be better to give you some beer names to see what your creative side comes up with. I have (2) imperial stouts I'll be bottling soon. One is a bourbon oak aged named BLACKENED (11.7% 03/14/2015). The other is an homage to Black Tuesday (19.4% 11/01/2015) named BANE (not based on the character, but the definition; it was a pain to make).

BLACKENED (11.7% 03/14/2015). The other is an homage to Black Tuesday (19.4% 11/01/2015) named BANE (not based on the character, but the definition; it was a pain to make).

I like the names. Yeah sorry dude, I'm not very good at coming up with original logo's. The best I can do is tweak ideas. I did work on your skyline/twin city thing, but nothing turned out well enough to post. I'll see if I can at least get a label going for you and go from there.

I need some help. I have been calling my "brewery" MooseJuice Homebrewing and would like a logo to add to labels on some gift bottles. I have no artistic ability. Basically I was thinking a pint glass with head. MooseJuice in the head of the beer, Homebrewing just below it and add some Moose antlers to the sides of the glass. Black and white would be fine, and I'm thinking minimalist would be better but I would take any ideas or input and appreciate any help.

I'm attempting to work on this, but my computer is being terrible. I tried to switch to Affinity Designer recently but certain features are completely broken and unusable. So I decided to go back to Illustrator. Now Illustrator crashes about every 5 minutes. It may take a little time to figure out what is going on, but I'll take care of this for you.

I don't have a solution for you but I just want/need/am desperate to say I love the idea of getting a dog involved. I thought of naming my brewery Dog's Nose (with a slogan like, Wet! Cold! And Friendly!) - and I had to drop this idea for the only reason, Dog's Nose in the language of the country I reside in sounds veeeeeeeeery similar to Dog's Fart, and the latter is an idiom identical to BS in English... But all my best wishes to your dog (and OK, to his man, and his beer)!

Dogs Fart Brewing! I love it haha.. There is a brewery nearby named Laughing Dog, and that gave me the idea to include my dog in the label.

Cheers!

So I decided to go back to Illustrator. Now Illustrator crashes about every 5 minutes.

Funny you mention this! Just 2 weeks ago I finished a Photoshop/Illustrator project involving over 30 Illustrator layers on a huge canvas and not one crash. Working on the Beer glass it was crashing every 5 minutes or so. The messages I was getting from Illustrator implied the video card was to blame, yet all the other Adobe CC apps work just fine even when being seriously pushed. (Photoshop right now is cranking along on a 48"x36", 300dpi poster without a hiccup) I am hoping it get taken care of in an update soon!

If I find a different cause/cure I'll let you know!

Now back to your regular Label thread.

I am working on crafting up some new labels and I have ok GIMP skills - my question is does anyone know of a brush pack or a quick way to make the "leaf definitions" of a hop cone? I was going to try to make my own and it seems all you do is create similar "v" or "tear drop" shaped lines to make the individual leafs appear. See these images for what I mean about the lines

So i was able to just copy a hop cone and adapt it. Any thoughts or suggestions? Trying to come up with a new logo - Everyone jokes that I do everything slow, hence the snail.

newLogo3.png

Illustrator is still being terrible, but I managed to make this happen.

It is really hard to put any text in the head -- it is always hard to read. This lets you play with just the logo or text and rework it to whatever you are doing.
The font is Geared:
http://www.losttype.com/font/?name=geared

I made a fancier version until I actually read your post and saw you wanted something simple. If you want file for the colored version I'll pack them up and upload them for you.

And here is a zip of the svg and a high-res png in case you have no means of using vector.:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6p4cpaup476iydj/Moose_Juice.zip

Moose Juice prev.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-19 at 2.08.53 PM.png

I like it. I took it upon myself to have a little fun with it. Good job.

Shegouge.png

Thanks! The hop cone does look better but I'm not digging the extended eyes. Mostly out of laziness I think I'm just gonna keep the original since I already spent the time to convert it to a vector graphic. I now have a mascot for my brews, which I dub, the ale snail

Thanks! The hop cone does look better but I'm not digging the extended eyes. Mostly out of laziness I think I'm just gonna keep the original since I already spent the time to convert it to a vector graphic. I now have a mascot for my brews, which I dub, the ale snail

No worries, when I have an idea I just like to put it to "paper". I am all the time sketching on napkins and what not.

I was browsing this thread last night and it got my creative juices flowing. I'd love some help with this one.
BZXw3psw7Khd53HH50N17q_rAWTk1Kku2QiY72UXbm3JLLke3A1w3LC4GnftVlw7TJD2HyNuRtyZzbPBu4tKYl1bBvWDRPMclaXbh07k_KkZMJ8zeactwBOQl99uHjLa5fT7K3YxEY5D1JeyWQeNHvs9zriU4SHxuv7yDQWdqcpWGTmaLP1BpXE9GrkoU_YAOe7TXULrXHGpwWv6l_dDoG0Q2-S5W7yyxZ817lZWFju-BT_LQ7q3KMaEH9d1Who7Y-MAfvoiRSb4T0q2d3ObuZTSVhLt9NN5aeJ4dZDlalxABc6_WE1n9Nx3u_h6WNIM712T9v43TCiplEXed8gfFWPKlnB9rXWUCp4npP2rFyAKmeMimjTwW4Bsj38-9mY6PcMh457XkfLmN655lPs12mqflF21uf21JbC3MnzqCHe3KfIUpI44s39H9MBSyQYcY0Z6Q1PJN1HLatUCoxMKTQwoICbEL5raiAwbL1FV9D8QZxZHgCXpxQE5HLJZV_mQaXgcSAeN82-dp6GGGOwzhhCHg_IJkwZhtXWXIGTmVBQ4hRJkCt7G_XpXPjLmuxl5vgdJ=w770-h667-no

Last edited:
I'm about to start brewing more traditional beers (my first ones have been an APA and an IPA, which makes me a heathen around these parts), and my first ones are going to be an altbier and a weissbier. I basically intend to have two different "breweries", one for my more experimental, exotic and hoppy creations, which I already have a style for, but now I'm trying to make one for the other one, more focused on traditional stuff. So as a first step I'm creating a logo of sorts for this "brewery".

This isn't necessarily a "fix my label/logo" thing, more of a "does anyone have any helpful comments or suggestions" kind of thing. The logo features a coat of arms combining elements from two other coats of arms (one is my for my hometown, the other is for the region my surname refers to) and some banners with the name of the brewery.

23446705733_c069c0b8c3_o.png

So, any ideas if I should try something different with it?

This thread is excellent! I have been playing around with names and pictures for my home-brews. I want a superhero theme.
I am a 5th grade teacher and I thought having my students come up with a name of the beer and a picture of what the superhero might look like. For example, I made a pumpkin beer. I would tell them to come up with a name and a picture of a superhero based on pumpkins. Just an idea.

Could somebody come up with a cool name and picture based on a superhero theme?

I was browsing this thread last night and it got my creative juices flowing. I'd love some help with this one.

I like it. don't see a dang thing wrong with it.

good job

but if you don't like it, it would be helpful if you tell us what you don't like about it, in general, but as specific as you can get.

I apologize to anyone I was helping before the brief radio silence. Got burnt out for a minute. I'll get my stuff together and catch up on what I was working on.

Okay,
I'm thinking of League of Brew as a name. I'm not good at coming up with logos so that is where I beg people here for guidance.

I like it. don't see a dang thing wrong with it.

good job

but if you don't like it, it would be helpful if you tell us what you don't like about it, in general, but as specific as you can get.

Thanks. I'm mostly sayisfied with it.
My main goal was to create a general all purpose label. The black splash banner was to serve as a space for a hand written beer style, and the right side margin could be for more detailed description.

I guess I'm not convinced the splash banner works. It seems ti over complicate the space and take away from the overall aesthetics.
Any options and solutions would be welcomed.

Odd... the website resized this down to 1600x900...

Edit: Here it is, full size, with the background in the lower-right corner restored (I wiped it out in the previous version!):

SuperSmashBeer3.jpg

(Personally... I'd lift the graphic off of that background!)

You can do that?

:D

I can't be too out of line since it's one of my first posts, but I love politically edgy and relevant plays. Can anyone help with this simple design?

Back