The "We'll fix your label for you" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

attachment.php

Do you like what you've made so far enough to have it worked into a label or just something along those lines? Any color, style, or size preferences?

As a concept I like it, but I am not married to it. I am open to others interpretations of this concept.

OK, CAD, one more favor for now. I did try to use the pixlr program, but my laptop is old and some part of it just won't work with my comp, so I am asking a favor again - if you could take this pic, and add "6.2% ABV" and "35 IBUs" on the right side in the same font, that would be great. Maybe have the number above the letters, and maybe have them off-set a little? Or whatever looks good to your eye.

I really appreciate it!

Perfect! Once again, you have done me a solid!!!

Thanks, man. I'll be sure to post pics of this, and the other label, now that I have adopted "Weird Alice" as my "brewery" name!

I have been kicking around the idea of a new label.

The name of the brewery is Equilibrium, so was thinking that something similar
to Yin/Yang, Work/Life Balance. That type of thing. Attached is my first pass
at it, but it's not quite there yet.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Perhaps another 3 or 4 "Equilibrium" texts in varying lighter shades, rotating in the center behind the present one. The idea to show it wobbling into balance as it is in your present label. If I had any programs, or talent, I'd show it.

View attachment 338086 A prototype label to be put on green wine bottles. Made with Inkscape, features a local mural. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Personally, I'd suggest a stronger border to match the solid frame of the mural. The only other thing that would get to me is the text. I'd just have to center it a little. Cool shape for the label, like it.

A prototype label to be put on green wine bottles. Made with Inkscape, features a local mural. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Is there a reason why the face is so long? There is a lot of precious bottle real estate taken up by the forehead!

I may as well pop up a few of my labels for critique. My inspiration came from the very understated yet classy label from the beers of 'Mateo and Bernabe' of Spain. I like the simplicity and the interest of the line drawings and the bold red numeric names on the cream background. Example shown is my favorite.

My labels are built to slap on a keg, so they are large. I enjoy geology and fossils. So I've used geologic and fossil line drawings as the background with a simple block letter overlay to indicate the beer name. So far these have been working well. Each style of beer gets a different line drawing, and as I re-brew styles, I just increment the roman numeral.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome. N_G

bot_cerveza_bernabe.png

POH6.jpg

BitAmer.jpg

DPOH3.jpg

Is there a reason why the face is so long? There is a lot of precious bottle real estate taken up by the forehead!

Genuinely how the mural is lol. I've revamped it since and I'll post pictures on the bottles maybe tomorrow once I get PVC foil.

Pardons again, Mr. CADJockey... but could I bug you about one of these labels I already said was perfect, and get you to change one thing???

:)

If you could take the basics of this
WAFinal.jpg

but use the font from this one
WA1.jpg

to say "Weird Alice Brewing"? I like the mixed-up capital & lower-case letters in that font.

Please???

:mug:

Nonono... it was a joke! As in, Hunter made the label to end all labels...

...unless I am missing your joke now... wow, this got a little meta.

:eek:

Anyway, yes - that is what I was looking for! I even like that you made "Brewery" smaller than the other two words!!! That's perfect, I just can't decide on which one to use. The "ink spatter" on the blank parts looks cool, but sort of limits how much I can write, and where. So do I want the cool look, or the better writing space?

Saving both to my computer, just in case...

893applaud-thumb.gif

So once again, thank you VERY much, CAD! I really appreciate it!!! I will make sure to post pics of the first batch I put up with this label.

OK, well, my "/thread" line was totally a joke... just so you know. I wouldn't have all these labels without your help!

:)

I've been a bureaucrat for most of my working life, so I'm waffling between "Department of Fermentation" or "Bureau of Fermentation," with a logo that looks like an official government seal. Below are a couple I put together using the Beerclings logo designer, since I have no graphic design ability or software. They convey the general concept I'm going for, but I'm not crazy about them--it looks a little cartoonish in general, but especially the images in the center of the seal. Can anyone offer any help or advice? I'm also interested in opinions on which name sounds better.

I've been a bureaucrat for most of my working life, so I'm waffling between "Department of Fermentation" or "Bureau of Fermentation," with a logo that looks like an official government seal. Below are a couple I put together using the Beerclings logo designer, since I have no graphic design ability or software. They convey the general concept I'm going for, but I'm not crazy about them--it looks a little cartoonish in general, but especially the images in the center of the seal. Can anyone offer any help or advice? I'm also interested in opinions on which name sounds better.

I kinda like "Department of Fermentation"...

Maybe in the middle of the seal, an eagle clutching grain in one talon and hops in the other?

Maybe something like this... (just messing around here for concept... I'm sure it can be done better than this!)

jU_jnZ3GSHQL_LE6-XruQTYFAC6-LsoxcLoK6vCQg0f9ey9CXRvHh7GIOkv-6EiE6IPUt-3dG_DIM248EU2RH7QdzRms086wCg_Ab3G8x0qR0mraURNsM9WykzNalQTp_idstFnVzO6W33LTl1WsoUZcXCkMcHvzpS2wcubYemhNNE1mBQeEdx1_Ork-oAa5v9dJwX0qZKeV66wKPbMsGrwGMci2E1vexOpf0eCfpGOHjLw5W3k5F7bz2qdKxfthkYAiPKNzxIi91DonKe-6wF8KUYI4_b7WS1XRE5iTI1ybAeqN3WZwhN6NIn4C3MDPJCpLFIooxtkTkegPlsAevp-P48C_4fT20VMJkT1mQPUATc6d4tERf8UMwdqFFGBh_GXBc9nbLLQ1QEqerebGeLXKKXbAalyCRccyEyOY2_C1pLeaTOzGMyYNDsf5eWIyc04kM0ME2LMXShujkRPxZgU6sCZGQmQdAx4Nsv3lKA5O9_bYhCVlt2SRiVGYzWg7QNIFMIdmPzWBxiXzXw5JrAfyRdgDrER10Dz58xHbbeZr9nqQoAbdfvP7A1fZdpLG2fwk=w480-h483-no

Maybe a pint of beer superimposed over the shield?

I had a little fun with this.

BOF.png

A little more playing around with the original concept... Note that this is pretty low resolution, and there are some flaws in this image... This is just to show an idea... Not a finished design!

For one thing, I'd probably replace the "E PLURIBUS UNUM" with some other text... Or maybe put the "Established 2016" there?

I'd also enlarge the inner image and reduce the thickness of the outer rings...

kKPRTMisAD8skYTCQC5kKNGhXC7m58tim_b4kX0ovU6JUjVqoc4vGiu0B2lZ0HiYpr7Gn4zXTFWvSe-Gp5vq5sA8Owmd1Y8EmZkG5qhk7A0gHpD3bHz3N5FxfNaotOalVvPUwxX8lJHolAlwn9Hkdjka7Rol1_e0FgHEnoeQSiUQMkbEAIcgiKnblyTGm2Gzq9RKs7g2J4SfCjlIwQHL2nnl-09zZ-JqRsm277-8h12Hc6KQ1VWA1GIdxW4R6QwG1sTM9RpwksOJJhTqYt7zD7VllB2yNY4-dpphGA-lHC-qwSnOB06zeRS8j-4zvZMq0wRDmDH29ZPRcX1_84EQEFHrPaLY78QcGuCsrkq5pcz3Ymyixgw4MaHqXvsP8PZoiWJE_usSngO0EdhpYJVDcg6zjYy9VxpKAn0bllM7T0urEYRwuj_CZmSZ-3b3CILaFNAGbKuidbSrP-qWvnGJOai9cUUogO6Dnebt5aw3Fc6AO9YzrmtmOmZSplEPbMKfkY8LUyly6Kfd_Xb1bKho0YCAeZgl-kSKYZzAewf97kEbFL-kLy3X43S4DFY25SE6u45f=w800-h715-no

(Does this link show now? Anybody?)

I like pointcity-homebrew's ideas, too. This is an exhibition, not a competition!

OK... I'm in the process of redoing the whole thing... in higher resolution with more precision.

And I think I came up with some really good text for the banner...

I Googled "Latin Beer Quote" and came across this:

"In Vino Veritas, In Cervesio Felicitas"

Which means:

"In wine there is truth, in beer there is happiness."

Which is a bit long... so I just used the "In Cervesio Felicitas" part. Here's a sample:

Eagle With Lettering 600x531 pixels.png

Back