The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, actually...;)

The Rule

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume

Nope :)

Damn, I am so nervous this post is grammatically correct.

I don't think Sasha was banned. I got the impression she went out to target shoot again. I think that Sasha is being realistic. She understands this way of living is a fantasy now, and it's way too soon to let down your guard. Judging by ricks stubble, they have had to been there three or four days? Why is Rick not mentioning the "w"? He has to realize they are close. Even hanging up the sword bothered me. I understand they have been dreaming of this for a long time and had just about given up hope that it still exists, but come on! They have been attack by the governor twice. One time he brought a freakin tank. The last group they encountered tried to slaughter and eat him. You also have the group Daryl was with try to kill him and molest his son. If you went through all of that and more wouldn't you be more hesitant to disarm your whole group and try to hit on a married women?

Damn, I am so nervous this post is grammatically correct.

I don't think Sasha was banned. I got the impression

I stopped reading after the second sentence where I found a grammatical incorrectness. "I had" would have been more appropriate. Imagine if I got a appropriate English education

Back on track you cocks

The "W" on the forehead could have stood for Woodbury... I mean, c'mon, people dont forget bro...

Ive had a few stiff drinks

Cool thread! I never noticed it before.

I'm addicted to this show!

Am I the only one who isn't crazy about Rick's leadership? I just think he's too mentally unstable at this point...

I love Rick's leadership. I thought he was too cautious, or too much of a ***** until last season. I feel he pulled a "Walter White" and broke bad when he bit the guy's face off and saved Daryl and his family.

These people have to be ruthless. He is just now doing what he needs to do. Trust no one but family until they prove themselves. I mean, they already have a game plan to take this town in case poo hits the fan. He always has a plan giving himself or his group one leg up. That's how I would be in his situation.

I love Rick's leadership. I thought he was too cautious, or too much of a ***** until last season. I feel he pulled a "Walter White" and broke bad when he bit the guy's face off and saved Daryl and his family.

These people have to be ruthless. He is just now doing what he needs to do. Trust no one but family until they prove themselves. I mean, they already have a game plan to take this town in case poo hits the fan. He always has a plan giving himself or his group one leg up. That's how I would be in his situation.

I thought he was too much of a ***** at first too... But I think he's gone over the top.

One of my biggest gripes was when Rick knocked out Aaron. There was no reason for that, and it could have backed them into a corner where they had no choice but to fight (and having options is NEVER a bad thing). He was no threat at that point, since he was being held, and had already been stripped of his weapons. Frankly, it was cowardly to hit a man being held by his people.

Besides, beyond the bad tactics, they need to maintain humanity. Survival and maintaining humanity are not mutually exclusive.

I thought he was too much of a ***** at first too... But I think he's gone over the top.

One of my biggest gripes was when Rick knocked out Aaron. There was no reason for that, and it could have backed them into a corner where they had no choice but to fight (and having options is NEVER a bad thing). He was no threat at that point, since he was being held, and had already been stripped of his weapons. Frankly, it was cowardly to hit a man being held by his people.

Besides, beyond the bad tactics, they need to maintain humanity. Survival and maintaining humanity are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah but consider that he has Terminus fresh on his mind. People offering peace and luring you in just to enslave and eat you. As he said in this last episode, people are the real threat now. I dont disagree with you that it was cowardly, but I believe it was still justifiable until he knows who he is dealing with. Say he started beating him senseless or actually started the action to kill Aaron if the group didnt come back on time just for Aaron to say that their plan was to entrap Rick's group, and Aaron divulge this info to spare his own life. Although unlikely, they are still heightened threats to Rick. Especially in their given situation.

As for humanity, while it needs to be preserved, they have been on the run for years. Look at the stress troops take on 8mo deployments. Now imagine that as never getting a LOA and always staying on the defensive. For 3 years they have been in survival mode. Not knowing if they will live to see the next day, not knowing where the next meal will come from or when they will eat. Psychologically they have issues, as seen at Alexandria and the dinner party. They have a long way to make it back to humanity. I think this is the big contrast we are seeing now between the two groups.

Yeah but consider that he has Terminus fresh on his mind. People offering peace and luring you in just to enslave and eat you. As he said in this last episode, people are the real threat now. I dont disagree with you that it was cowardly, but I believe it was still justifiable until he knows who he is dealing with. Say he started beating him senseless or actually started the action to kill Aaron if the group didnt come back on time just for Aaron to say that their plan was to entrap Rick's group, and Aaron divulge this info to spare his own life. Although unlikely, they are still heightened threats to Rick. Especially in their given situation.

As for humanity, while it needs to be preserved, they have been on the run for years. Look at the stress troops take on 8mo deployments. Now imagine that as never getting a LOA and always staying on the defensive. For 3 years they have been in survival mode. Not knowing if they will live to see the next day, not knowing where the next meal will come from or when they will eat. Psychologically they have issues, as seen at Alexandria and the dinner party. They have a long way to make it back to humanity. I think this is the big contrast we are seeing now between the two groups.

Having done two combat deployments (Iraq and Afghanistan), I know firsthand the stress of combat. However, that doesn't mean that losing humanity is right or justifiable. I mean, even within their group, not everyone agrees with how Rick is leading.

I'm not advocating this action, but if Rick had tortured Aaron into telling him the truth, at least I could see the sense in doing so. However, knocking him out served no purpose in their situation.

Having done two combat deployments (Iraq and Afghanistan), I know firsthand the stress of combat. However, that doesn't mean that losing humanity is right or justifiable. I mean, even within their group, not everyone agrees with how Rick is leading.

I'm not advocating this action, but if Rick had tortured Aaron into telling him the truth, at least I could see the sense in doing so. However, knocking him out served no purpose in their situation.

I agree, I guess my point is that Rick has been let down time after time when humanity has offered a chance, therefore, he is rightfully apprehensive when it presents itself.

I think the W's are a branding like cattle. Maybe someone found a use for the walkers and is herding them.

What color was the A? Looked scarlet. I can't remember but in the Scarlet Letter wasn't the mark an A?

"Wolves Not Far" on the wall of Noah's community in Richmond, where they found the hacked up walkers with W on their foreheads

"Wolf Fight" on the comic book the girl was reading

W = Wolves

I think the W's are a branding like cattle. Maybe someone found a use for the walkers and is herding them.

What color was the A? Looked scarlet. I can't remember but in the Scarlet Letter wasn't the mark an A?

Yeah, A for "adultery".

I've been taking the W's to stand for the Wolves, but maybe it hints at Morgan as well. Maybe Rick's group gets pinned down by the Wolves when Morgan finally arrives to help out?

Wasn't that the senator sending Sasha out and closing the gate?She told Sasha she wanted something from her.Perhaps she was sending her out to to do that thing.

Here’s how it goes (based on the last couple of seasons)...start with the premise that ALL living humans that Rick and the “family” come in contact with are just plain bad. Many of these bad people give the initial impression that they are good/friendly while others are simply bad to begin with. As Rick and Family get further acquainted with the various bands of humans, they expose just how bad these non-family members are to the survival of Rick and his Family. As a result, the interaction/conflict escalates until the Family and the band of bad humans get into a shooting barrage; with the bad humans getting killed along with one or two members of the Family. Of course, Rick and the bulk of the Family members go on living to fight another day with them “adopting” one or two of the surviving bad humans who really are good deep down. Do I have the pattern correct?

So what do you think will happen? Of course, Rick and the Family will kill the bad human (remember the premise that all humans that come into contact with Rick and the Family are bad) town folks, suffer the loss of one or two of the Family members and then replace their causalities with a couple of the town folks who are really good deep down.

Here’s how it goes (based on the last couple of seasons)...start with the premise that ALL living humans that Rick and the “family” come in contact with are just plain bad. Many of these bad people give the initial impression that they are good/friendly while others are simply bad to begin with. As Rick and Family get further acquainted with the various bands of humans, they expose just how bad these non-family members are to the survival of Rick and his Family. As a result, the interaction/conflict escalates until the Family and the band of bad humans get into a shooting barrage; with the bad humans getting killed along with one or two members of the Family. Of course, Rick and the bulk of the Family members go on living to fight another day with them “adopting” one or two of the surviving bad humans who really are good deep down. Do I have the pattern correct?

So what do you think will happen? Of course, Rick and the Family will kill the bad human (remember the premise that all humans that come into contact with Rick and the Family are bad) town folks, suffer the loss of one or two of the Family members and then replace their causalities with a couple of the town folks who are really good deep down.

They've already done the zombie thing, simple fighting zombies doesn't captivate the audience any longer, then they lived alongside the good people at Hershel's farm, then they fought against the bad place (Woodbury), then a worse place (Terminus). I think they're going to morph into the "bad guys" next. The writers have to continue to come up with new things, rather than just regurgitating the same things over and over. Making them the bad ones will do just that.

And, of course, they already alluded to that when Rick said they'd take over the town if it didn't work out.

Carol & Daryl are my new favorites.

When she was explaining to that little kid about tieing him to a tree & letting the zombies have at him............ she was smiling. It was all a game. She was enjoying it a little too much.

What was it that convinced Daryl about the new digs? The motorcycle? The spaghetti? The job? The horse?

How about when Carol offered the guns & Daryl refused but Rick took his................................ Kind of ominous!

Makes sense, like a joke nightclub stamp maybe?

And/or a tool by Deanna to ensure everyone is viewed equally; she's really pushing for the Rickites (yes, that's my term for them) to integrate and maybe take a slight bit of the edge off.

I think they're going to morph into the "bad guys" next. The writers have to continue to come up with new things, rather than just regurgitating the same things over and over. Making them the bad ones will do just that.

I totally agree with this. They realize the people in Alexandria are weak and they could easily take it over. Rick isn't showing any holding back on going for the married lady and even Carol is stealing the weapons for them. I was kind of surprised that Darryl wasn't into it. He's usually the hard ass but that kind of made him seem soft to me...

The group has been through too much and is too wild to be tamed by these people.

They've already done the zombie thing, simple fighting zombies doesn't captivate the audience any longer, then they lived alongside the good people at Hershel's farm, then they fought against the bad place (Woodbury), then a worse place (Terminus). I think they're going to morph into the "bad guys" next. The writers have to continue to come up with new things, rather than just regurgitating the same things over and over. Making them the bad ones will do just that.

And, of course, they already alluded to that when Rick said they'd take over the town if it didn't work out.

...and alluded to it when Rick reached for his gun like he was thinking about killing Jessie's husband.

Really, no one cares? Some fans you guys are...

I care, but there's very little to go by to even discuss at this point.

It's approved for 2 seasons, will be set in LA, and takes place right at the onset of the outbreak. We can't really do episode-in-review like this until there are some episodes to review, amirite?

Judging by the scenes for next week, Jessie's hubby will likely be painted as a bad guy.

He'll be an alcoholic, abusive, and harbor some other demon in his closet.

Rick will kill him. He'll either catch him in a domestic dispute, or doing whatever other evil thing has been written for him so we can stand behind Rick's offing of the dude. He might even do it quietly and secretly to make it look like an accident.

But Mr. Jessie MD is doomed. (seemed kind of obvious anyways, so not much prediction on my part)

This will set up Jessie to be Carl and Judith's new step mamma.

Really, no one cares? Some fans you guys are...

We shall see. I predict a lot of "Rick's group would have done this or that instead" and "the original is better".

Judging by the scenes for next week, Jessie's hubby will likely be painted as a bad guy.

He'll be an alcoholic, abusive, and harbor some other demon in his closet.

Rick will kill him. He'll either catch him in a domestic dispute, or doing whatever other evil thing has been written for him so we can stand behind Rick's offing of the dude. He might even do it quietly and secretly to make it look like an accident.

But Mr. Jessie MD is doomed. (seemed kind of obvious anyways, so not much prediction on my part)

This will set up Jessie to be Carl and Judith's new step mamma.

Will she leave Alexandria with them? Will there be an Alexandria to stay in when that time comes? I think, yes and maybe.

I just hope The Walking Dead doesn't become CSI with a bunch of spin-offs in every city.

I dunno, I think that could be cool. How would they react to the outbreak in Nome Alaska or Hawaii or Aspen Colorado or rural Idaho?

I dunno, I think that could be cool. How would they react to the outbreak in Nome Alaska or Hawaii or Aspen Colorado or rural Idaho?

I agree that a half-dozen CSI-style spinoffs would suck, but I could see them doing one show where each season (or half season) would be a mini-series that covers a different city. Maybe some of the events or characters might intertwine between locations but not necessarily every time. Kind of like Pulp Fiction.

my biggest beef with this show (to go with many little, insignificant beefs) is they showed before and after the SHTF, but never during.

same with Falling Skies. we meet the characters, "hey, what's that?" BOOM. we pick up our story 2 years later.

it's like if you took Romero's original trilogy, limited yourself to the first 15-20 minutes of Night, skip Dawn completely, then watched Day.

so maybe a side-quel showing a different part of the country while the ZA was starting will be a good thing

"I'm waiting for Keeping Up With The Zombdashians."

We already have that. It's called C-Span. :)

Yeah, Grog. I liker the way the series occurred, with risk awaking to "WTF?". But they should start the spinoff in normal life, a slow rolling WTF.

my biggest beef with this show (to go with many little, insignificant beefs) is they showed before and after the SHTF, but never during.

same with Falling Skies. we meet the characters, "hey, what's that?" BOOM. we pick up our story 2 years later.

it's like if you took Romero's original trilogy, limited yourself to the first 15-20 minutes of Night, skip Dawn completely, then watched Day.

so maybe a side-quel showing a different part of the country while the ZA was starting will be a good thing

It would be nice to see what happened when it actually took place. But I don't think there is enough material to make a lot of episodes from it. If so, they would have to do it like "24". Here's why:

Rick gets shot and is laid up in the hospital. ZA starts at some point while Rick is recovering. Now, he wasn't in the hospital for months, but more like a few weeks (taking into account where he was shot, he wasn't in an ICU, etc).

So they would have to base an entire series off the timeline of a few weeks. Could be done, but they would have to pump the brakes on how quickly they cover time in the show

I care, but there's very little to go by to even discuss at this point.

It's approved for 2 seasons, will be set in LA, and takes place right at the onset of the outbreak.

I hope it's in the hood and shows the gangs running round capping zombies and robbing the masses.

Latest posts

Back