The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like Hardwick said:everybody ate Chris.Seriously though I thought they had a good character and would keep him around longer.I really thought all the talk about killing off the black guy was b.s.,but after Bob,Tyrese and now Noah I'm beginning to wonder.

Like Hardwick said:everybody ate Chris.Seriously though I thought they had a good character and would keep him around longer.I really thought all the talk about killing off the black guy was b.s.,but after Bob,Tyrese and now Noah I'm beginning to wonder.

Look at how many white (and other races) people were killed off though too, and popular likable characters at that.

I can't think of a more inclusive and diverse cast in a tv show ever. They've had just about everything; white, black, Hispanic, Asian, gay, lesbian. The cast of TWD is more diverse than America is itself, if we're looking at percentages.

I didn't like them killing off Tyrese or Noah, but who else were they going to kill off? Rick? Daryl? Glenn? Maggie? Carl?

Instead of trying to find racism in this show, we should be happy that we've got a huge hit TV show with a core group of very diverse characters that describe themselves as family. That's pretty cool in my book.

I wouldnt mind seeing Carl go. Season 2 and 3 I really wanted to see him go. He doesnt bother me as much now, but for awhile he was a huge liability.

Yeah, well what about the baby that never ages??

Carol should have taken pity on the group two seasons ago and made her "look at the flowers", as well.

It's an unpopular viewpoint, but talk about a liability! It's OK, though, every season we get to see Rick actually holding the child for at least 30 seconds.

I do think they are downplaying what it would be like to tote a baby through the zombie apocalypse. Sure, people have been having people for centuries. People did it when they all lived in the woods with even less than Rick's group, but this baby seems to be doing very well and is really quiet.

In the comic Judith dies along with Laurie in the prison attack by the Governor's group so no clue what they have planned for Her in the show but it is obviously a huge liability. Rick was grinding up acorns to feed her when they had Aaron tied up in that barn. That's an awfully healthy looking kid given how the whole group was starving and thirsty.

In the comic Judith dies along with Laurie in the prison attack by the Governor's group so no clue what they have planned for Her in the show but it is obviously a huge liability. Rick was grinding up acorns to feed her when they had Aaron tied up in that barn. That's an awfully healthy looking kid given how the whole group was starving and thirsty.

My thoughts exactly. Where is her nutrition coming from? None of the females are nursing. I could go on with this topic

My thoughts exactly. Where is her nutrition coming from? None of the females are nursing. I could go on with this topic

There have been a lot of what I consider small details that didnt make sense beginning witn the first episode. I just try to overlook them because in the absolute cavalcade of crap on tv it is imo the best show on any network.

There have been a lot of what I consider small details that didnt make sense beginning witn the first episode. I just try to overlook them because in the absolute cavalcade of crap on tv it is imo the best show on any network.

I think AMC and FX are the best networks on TV. Regardless of minute details, they consistently produce amazing series

I think AMC and FX are the best networks on TV. Regardless of minute details, they consistently produce amazing series

Yep

AMC: Walking (& Talking) Dead, Breaking (& Talking) Bad, Mad Men & now Better Call Saul (Five-O episode was Breaking Bad good)

FX: Justified, SoA (not counting that horrible final season), The Shield & Terriers (which they were stupid to cancel)

Yep

AMC: Walking (& Talking) Dead, Breaking (& Talking) Bad, Mad Men & now Better Call Saul (Five-O episode was Breaking Bad good)

FX: Justified, SoA (not counting that horrible final season), The Shield & Terriers (which they were stupid to cancel)

AMC also has Turn, which I think is a great show too.

That's not the direction I thought Mishon was going in when they were in the woods killing zombies.

So, are the "they" who will hunt Rick's group the Alexandrites or the Wolves?

That's not the direction I thought Mishon was going in when they were in the woods killing zombies.

So, are the "they" who will hunt Rick's group the Alexandrites or the Wolves?

I wondered the same. While Rick is kind of paranoid (not unjustly) I don't think they would really be afraid of the Alexandrians. More like: we'll just take the place.

Prediction.
I watched taking dead. After the sneak preview of Carol confronting Pete, I think Carol is going to off herself in that confrontation so that Pete gets exiled.

Holy ****, what a great episode. I loved Rick's speech, even if Michonne cut it off in the end and you can just feel the tension. I really feel that whoever is marking zombies with a "W" is showing up next week, forcing Rick and company to take control and get things done; it's the only way to resolve this without a violent takeover by the "Ricktator".

I hate to see Justified go....

this season has been stellar, especially the past few episodes

I will miss the show too.

love how they will beat you, rob you, even kill you, but they would never forget to exchange pleasantries first. their mommas taught them better

this season has been stellar, especially the past few episodes

I will miss the show too.

love how they will beat you, rob you, even kill you, but they would never forget to exchange pleasantries first. their mommas taught them better

Southern hospitality is a like a sore penis, you cant beat it...

AMC also has Turn, which I think is a great show too.

Turn and The Americans are my favs. TWD is a distant third.

Time for Rick to die. Jesse can fall in love with Tara while her husband nurses her back to health.

So is it Morgan who is marking the zombies?

If it's not him then what was the point of his brief appearances early this season(last half season)?

The W could be an upside down M.

His lack of mental stability the last time Rick encountered him would make him capable of basically anything.

Daryl and Aaron were on the verge of finding the zombie hacker, or someone. That could be Morgan. But the lady tied to the tree makes me think it's more bad guys. I expect they'll introduce some new drama, then leave us hanging until next season.

Truth

Screenshot_2015-03-23-01-01-04-1.jpg

So is it Morgan who is marking the zombies?

If it's not him then what was the point of his brief appearances early this season(last half season)?

The W could be an upside down M.

His lack of mental stability the last time Rick encountered him would make him capable of basically anything.

Could be (and I've seen the W/M connection made elsewhere), but the marked walkers tied to trees look like living people that were tied there and left to die. Morgan may have been nuts the last time Rick saw him, but the other glimpses we've had of him this season seem like he's regained some of his sanity. I'm still betting on the Wolves.

I figure about six somewhat identifiable people dying in the finale (two from each tier). I have underlined my predictions...

Tier 1:
Rick
Daryl
Carl
Judith - Maybe not this season, but the storyline has tremendous growth opportunity with her death.
Glenn
Maggie
Michonne
Carol - Karma is gonna catch up with her. Plus, she's too old. Old people don't last long on the cast. Last reason is because she's a guest on the finale of Talking Dead. They are definitely killing off a main character and Talking Dead always features the recently departed.

Tier 2:
Sasha - She's done. Her character is becoming exhausting to watch. She will probably shoot Carol in the back of the head by accident, too.
Abraham
Tara
Rosita
Eugene
Gabriel - Again... Karma.
Morgan

Tier 3:
Pete - Obvious.
Jessie
Sam
Deanna
Nicholas - Obvious.

Prediction.
I watched taking dead. After the sneak preview of Carol confronting Pete, I think Carol is going to off herself in that confrontation so that Pete gets exiled.

Nah. No way. Can't happen. She would never do herself in. And I'd sooner see Rick, Glenn or Maggie--even the baby--get offed than Carol (or Daryl).

And if one of you geeks chimes in with, "but in the comics Carol gets killed by..." I'm gonna travel right through the interwebz and strangle your sorry ass! :cross:

EDIT: and if they don't kill off Eugene or the preacher soon, I may have to stop watching the show on principle.

Carol - Karma is gonna catch up with her. Plus, she's too old. Old people don't last long on the cast. Last reason is because she's a guest on the finale of Talking Dead. They are definitely killing off a main character and Talking Dead always features the recently departed.

Sasha - She's done. Her character is becoming exhausting to watch. She will probably shoot Carol in the back of the head by accident, too.

I think Carol is a strong possibility. So is Sasha.

When Sasha was picking off walkers at the fenceline, I was wondering if she was going to inadvertantly pick off Carl or his new girlfriend trying to sneak back into Alexandria over the fence. I then saw that they both were at the streetbrawl. It could be foreshadowing for next week though.

Nah. No way. Can't happen. She would never do herself in. And I'd sooner see Rick, Glenn or Maggie--even the baby--get offed than Carol (or Daryl).

And if one of you geeks chimes in with, "but in the comics Carol gets killed by..." I'm gonna travel right through the interwebz and strangle your sorry ass! :cross:

EDIT: and if they don't kill off Eugene or the preacher soon, I may have to stop watching the show on principle.

I don't think she'd off herself either, but who knows?

After everything Carol has done to stay alive I can't see her offing herself. She may go in this episode but surely not by her own hand.Also somebody please kill Gabriel.Man I hate that dude.

Btw.Pete is from where i live .My son dated his sister in high school,and again in college.I know her but never met Corey.There was a blurb in the local paper about him being in the series.I thought yeah he'll probably get killed in the background.I had no idea he would have major although short lived part.Cool I know somebody who knows the porch dick.

Amy, Sophia, Shane, Lori, Merle, Andrea, Hershel, Lizzie, Beth...

These are all main non-black characters that were killed off. Actually, it seems as though being a white female is most dangerous...

Also, let's not forget this:

Executive producer Gale Anne Hurd said:
"Look, this is something in this world that we should be cognizant about, so my feeling is: Sure, let's get it out there, let's talk about it," Hurd told me. "We've killed a lot more white characters than African-American characters. And not only that, I think it's important to point out that we did cast two African-American actors in roles that were not African-American. In the comic books, Bob was white. And the character of Noah was not an African-American. We just cast the best actor."

So, two out of the four black characters that were killed off were actually supposed to be white characters.

Can we please lay the race-baiting nonsense to rest for a bit?

True ,but Michonne is the only black character from the early part to have made it.That being said I will volunteer to kill Gabriel if I have to.And if you want to see what race baiting really is watch our reverends Sharpton and Jackson, also the prez and the D.O.J.If you don't agree with me it's ok.If you don't agree with them you're a racist.

True ,but Michonne is the only black character from the early part to have made it.That being said I will volunteer to kill Gabriel if I have to.And if you want to see what race baiting really is watch our reverends Sharpton and Jackson, also the prez and the D.O.J.If you don't agree with me it's ok.If you don't agree with them you're a racist.

Sasha was introduced at the same time as Tyreese, and in the same season as Michonne, and before both Bob and Noah.

Back