The Walking dead

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree that the town wants the group for protection. They've been isolated from the fray since the beginning. I don't think they have the ability to defend themselves if things go south. Daryl was an outcast in polite society.In zombie world he is an asset and a valued friend .Pretty sure he's not staying in town. You can tell he feels like an outcast again.

If they get rid of Daryl, the show's over.

But then maybe he could lead a spin-off show. Maybe even a prequel show, bringing back Merle, detailing how they went from just two good ol' boys never meanin' no harm to livin' in the woods killing Walkers. I'd watch that!

I agree. The old Carol is waaaay gone. This one shoots you in the head while you're looking at flowers.

X 2 nobody really bought that suzy homemaker bs she laying down did they? She is being intentionally deceptive.

Did anyone notice in one of the promos that they are currently staying in with grey walls was overrun with zombies.

I think Alexandria is (relatively) safe, it's downright fluffy in fact. Rick's group is definitely going to cause some waves, and I think that's the tension for the next few episodes; along with the group figuring out exactly how safe they are. Offhand, I'm thinking that the hair cutting lady's (I can't recall her name) husband doesn't like Rick because he's "hitting on his wife", Daryl's tendency to be a loner and shoot every animal in sight and Glen telling Adrian he's an idiot are the major flair ups here. I think craps really going to hit the fan internally and then some outside threat comes along to sort of unite the new group/community, I'm betting that's what the season ending 90 minute episode is about (maybe we meet the zombie limb-chopper people?).

Don't think they would get rid of Daryl. I just think he might separate from the group for a while. And yeah that whole junior league,cooking for the old people crap is just Carol not letting the governess see who she really is.Carol and Daryl are just badasses.

You're right about the rifle. When it was happening I couldn't figure out why she was acting like she was retarded trying to get the sling off. I was thinking she was still injured from being hit by the cops. I mentioned what you guys have been posting about her clothes and playing possum to my wife. My wife had a good comment about when carol did her interview she talked about how good of a man her husband was, how much she loved him, and how much she misses him. She is totally playing possum and I hope the story emphasizes her character more in how quick her instincts adapt with different environments. I don't think the rest of the group realizes how much of an asset she is.

Yeah. She started on that story, and it could mean different things. She was telling her story the way she wished it was. She was telling her story in a mundane way that would avoid prying questions into a time in her life she'd like to keep private. Or, the real reason, she was saying what would put the interviewer at ease. Oh yeah. Carol is a Trojan opossum.

You're right about the rifle. When it was happening I couldn't figure out why she was acting like she was retarded trying to get the sling off. I was thinking she was still injured from being hit by the cops. I mentioned what you guys have been posting about her clothes and playing possum to my wife. My wife had a good comment about when carol did her interview she talked about how good of a man her husband was, how much she loved him, and how much she misses him. She is totally playing possum and I hope the story emphasizes her character more in how quick her instincts adapt with different environments. I don't think the rest of the group realizes how much of an asset she is.

I think Rick realizes how important she is, which is why he was so reluctant to exile her from the group back at the prison.

I can see Rick and Carol working together in the coming episodes to figure out what's going on behind the scenes at Alexandria.

The hair dresser's old man isnt feeling Rick. Im wondering if Rick is going to stumble in on a domestic abuse while patrolling as constable.

As for his stashed gun, maybe it was Morgan (since he still hasnt surfaced) or maybe the girl who climbs the wall. Im putting my money more on the girl.

The hair dresser's old man isnt feeling Rick. Im wondering if Rick is going to stumble in on a domestic abuse while patrolling as constable.

As for his stashed gun, maybe it was Morgan (since he still hasnt surfaced) or maybe the girl who climbs the wall. Im putting my money more on the girl.

Is the girl a mole for the wolves gang who destroyed Noah's compound? She was spying on the group as they entered the compound and had the comic with wolf in the title. She obviously is able to come and go as she sees fit and what better spy than a young girl?

I thought that scene with rick walking at night past the haridresser's husband was a dream sequence. I don't think it really happened. Maybe Ricks mind is flashing back to the issues he had with Shane and Lorie. Anyone else think it was a dream sequence?

Is the girl a mole for the wolves gang who destroyed Noah's compound? She was spying on the group as they entered the compound and had the comic with wolf in the title. She obviously is able to come and go as she sees fit and what better spy than a young girl?

That's what I've been suspecting. She seems kind of shifty and disconnected from everyone else, and the comic book title showed a little too prominently to be coincidence.

What stood out about the girl to me is that she has been a survivor outside the gates as was Rick's group. She was disconnected from the two boys (who probably have never seen nor killed a walker) unlike Carl. Carl seemed apprehensive about doing the "norm" like video games or overall playing, because that isnt his norm. Surviving is. So in a way, I feel like Carl and the girl are going to eventually connect, since they are both of the same background per say. As for her being a spy, that is completely plausable.

That's what I've been suspecting. She seems kind of shifty and disconnected from everyone else, and the comic book title showed a little too prominently to be coincidence.

I thought the same thing. She was detached from the boys, and disappearing over the fence into the woods.

Maybe she's got a stash of weed or something.

I reckon she is just out zombie hunting or whatever, keeping her skills honed because she understands the need to stay strong, just as the group have their worries about the same issue.

Some thoughts on the last episode:

1. Okay, this is Legit
Are there problems? Yes. But this is a legitimate chance at something approximating civilization.

2. There's Someone Out There
The "W" on that zombies head matches the "W" on the zombies with their limbs chopped off in the season opener, this almost certainly indicates a problem group out there.

3. Sasha is the Badass Sniper Lady
In the comics, Andrea (who died two seasons ago in the show) is the badass sniper lady; I suspect Sasha is the replacement as the sniper lady, especially since multiple group members say she is the best shot. That said, is Sasha banned or is she supposed to just work things out in the wilderness?

4. Outsiders Bond
Aaron and his boyfriend Eric invite Daryl in for dinner, ultimately to invite Daryl to be a recruiter, but the main focus is that the outsiders are bonding with each other. Aaron and Eric are outsiders because they're gay, while Daryl is an outsider because he's a wild man. Nonetheless, Aaron and Daryl could be a potent team, as evidenced by the fact that they tracked down that horse (that was promptly eaten by a horde of zombies).

5. Carol is ****ing Scary
If you weren't aware of it before, Carol is a ****ing badass scary person; her discussion with the kid in the storage room is great.

Great episode overall, a bit of tension and even some humor.

I wonder why Alexandria just all of a sudden wants police, and picks the new guys, instead of already having a police force of some kind. Maybe it's because it's easier to get people to accept outsiders in that role. Hard to listen to the guy you knew was a mailroom clerk the day before. And police are already a little disliked and distrusted, like outsiders. Or, we're going to give you this responsibility and claim that as our right to control you.

And when Sasha offers to stand watch in the tower, the governess says she wants something in return. Uh, lady, the protection of a deadeye shot in the tower is something in return.

They suggested in The Talking Dead that the W is an M. I dunno. Wild speculation, but Morgan St. is a street in Alexandria.

You may be right about doc being a pedo. One, I could see the show going that way. Two, it's a good way to get him out of the way for Rick to slide in with Jessie. Three, Rick seems to have a distrust of that guy. When he walked up tot he wall at the end, I thought he was going to peep on Jessie's house and see a crime in progress.

Or the 'M' could be Morgan, aka the guy that helped Rick ages ago and occasionally bumps into. That said, I suspect not. The 'W' could stand for Washington (aka Washington DC), a way of some rival group marking their territory/conquests. The strong suspicion I have is that Alexandria knows they have a rival group and they want Rick and company to help them take care of it. Sasha being all moody is, I suspect, why Deanna wanted to make sure she had to go to the party; Deanna is trying to make sure Sasha isn't going to go postal, I think (also, banishment at the end of the episode? Or just telling her to work off some steam?).

So, am I the only one who picked up on the literary allusion to The Scarlet Letter with the stamped red "A" that Rick and Jessie are now wearing? Possible foreshadowing for what's coming, as well as a hint that we're now in a world were things like adultery will be considered major crimes again with harsh punishments.

Ok. Carol's little chat with that kid might be the most disturbing thing on the series so far.Christ she is cold as ice. I don't think I realized how feral the group had become til this episode.Also ,what the hell happened to father Gabriel? I guess we'll see him next week, but dang he just about disappeared when they got to *****ebury.

Chevy Chase. Not really, but he looks like him.

The Scarlet Letter.

Look at the flowers, little boy.

Morgan St.

Did you notice that as Rick was standing at the wall near the end, he also had a faded (or washed) "A" on his hand? I was curious if it meant alcohol, and those who drank the night before had to wear it. Although the senators hubby wasn't wearing it.

Did you notice that as Rick was standing at the wall near the end, he also had a faded (or washed) "A" on his hand? I was curious if it meant alcohol, and those who drank the night before had to wear it. Although the senators hubby wasn't wearing it.

That was meant to show that they are part of Alexandria, Kellie's kid was doling those out at the door.

There were a lot of metaphors in this past episode. I got a chuckle out of michonne holding the plastic cocktail sword.

So, am I the only one who picked up on the literary allusion to The Scarlet Letter with the stamped red "A" that Rick and Jessie are now wearing? Possible foreshadowing for what's coming, as well as a hint that we're now in a world were things like adultery will be considered major crimes again with harsh punishments.

anal? I also hope Rick gets a STD

Well, actually...;)

The Rule

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume

Well, actually...;)

The Rule

The rule states that “a” should be used before words that begin with consonants (e.g., b, c ,d) while “an” should be used before words that begin with vowels (e.g., a,e,i). Notice, however, that the usage is determined by the pronunciation and not by the spelling, as many people wrongly assume

Look at the flowers, Hoppy.

Back