The Venting Thread: Let It Out, Folks!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TILT HYDROMETER REPEATER

Step 1:
buy a TILT hydrometer
Step 2: get frustrated as the piece of **** does not have enough power to transmit through a stainless fermenter
Step 3: buy a separate REPEATER for $60. Now you have two pieces of equipment floating in your beer

What the actual festering donkey odour
I had this frustration when fermenting in a keg, but it worked fine when fermenting in my SS Brewtech brewbucket. I felt the same way... It is really nice to see where your beer is at in fermentation. I wanted one so I could know when to spund.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ordered some o-rings and a silicone gasket for my Anvil fermenter bucket on 7/16/21. My card was charged and I still have a processing note on the order at their website. I imagine they are sitting on a freight container somewhere. The shipping cost as much as the products.

TILT HYDROMETER REPEATER

Step 1:
buy a TILT hydrometer
Step 2: get frustrated as the piece of **** does not have enough power to transmit through a stainless fermenter
Step 3: buy a separate REPEATER for $60. Now you have two pieces of equipment floating in your beer

What the actual festering donkey odour
I use my tilt in a glass carboy 15 feet from the old retired iphone 5s I use for recording it. There is a regular door between the tilt and the carboy. And I still have connectivity problems. The software quits constantly after a short time and I have to keep restarting it. I can’t do that when I’m out of the house too.

I know a 5s is pretty old but it should be more than enough for this.

My beef is with the damn undershorts they make these days. Every time you think you got it figured out where the peep hole is, and how to open it, some Ralph Lauren wanna be changes the design and you gotta start over. Especially difficult on brew days when sampling prior beers is mandatory. From now on, I'm brewing French style - no undies!
I have to have a fly or peep hole??

I thought the new fashion was not to have them since AFAIK, most like me, just pull down the elastic band instead of trying to fit it through some obstacle course.

Last edited:
Signed up for AHA last month and was told I'd get a pound of azacca hops. The month is over and now we're over a week into October and no mention from them about the hops. By the time they ship out there will be snow on the ground. Who wants to brew with tropical hops in the middle of winter?
i am in the same boat - do not think were getting the hops because they use the infamous "while supplies last"

I must have been drinking meads when I wrote that. But I think the Torpedo Kegs are interesting. I like the sizes available and they are stackable.
Just messin' with ya. Being stackable is a reasonable difference. I like the 6 gallon size. If I buy new ones, I'm thinking about buying those since that's my recipe size. I think they are just taller.

Back