The Twin Cities (MPLS/St. Paul) thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Twin Cities thread is deader than a Staples Mills lager.

ABR week is upon us. If you haven't consumed any Bell's Cinnamon Sunrise yet, get out & do so, or put it on your tick list for ABR proper. A bunch of good Fulton beers being poured at the reconstituted Busters on 28th - if you haven't had Patience yet, you should, pronto. I'll be at the Nomad tonight waiting patiently for a pour of perhaps my favorite beer of all time, BA Blackout Stout. I'm jazzed, because I've never had it on tap.

But don't go there. Go to Bryant Lake Bowl's Stout Bout so the Nomad stays quiet.

Welp let's jazz it up a bit. Surly Eight, any news? Insight opens Friday, anyone going? Double Day Tripper is the bomb. Thoughts on Sociable, Tin Whiskers, Sisyphus, or Bent?

Sisypus was worth the visit & I'll go back, I think they have promise. The Brett IPA was good, the Black Ale w/coffee was too much - they actually put a shot of coffee into the bottom of the glass. Sipped a couple others & they were good but not mind-blowing.

I doubt we'll make it to Insight this weekend - somebody report back!

I don't actually know if this is the correct thread, but it's the closest I could find. I'm going to be in Lino Lakes, MN in a couple weeks for work and was wondering if anyone had opinions on Hammerheart brewing? Good place to check out? I don't think I'm going to have a car so I doubt I'll be able to get into Minneapolis itself even though I really wanted to check out Town Hall, but if I can hit a new brewery on this trip it'll be worth the terrible work part of it.

Hammerheart is great! If you get the chance definitely hit it up. They always have something BA on and have had very few misses for me in the past.

It's a 10 or 15 minute from the hotel and there doesn't seem to be much else in the town. I expect to spend what few nights I have there.

The hotel where I'm staying is there. The office is actually in Blaine. I don't have a choice unfortunately.

I don't actually know if this is the correct thread, but it's the closest I could find. I'm going to be in Lino Lakes, MN in a couple weeks for work and was wondering if anyone had opinions on Hammerheart brewing? Good place to check out? I don't think I'm going to have a car so I doubt I'll be able to get into Minneapolis itself even though I really wanted to check out Town Hall, but if I can hit a new brewery on this trip it'll be worth the terrible work part of it.
Love that place.

FYI Ijust posted a trade thread to get rid of my 5 gallon brew kettle. If any of you local jabronis wants it, I'd take anything decent from out of state. Retails for 40, I'll let you have it for 20 or so bucks worth of beer or tshirts or whatever.

Back