The Ohio Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some bottles left but they are up at my father's house in CLE. Next time I head up there Ill bring one down for ya. I regret doing so because I broke a bottle of Collabrative in transition :(
Keep me in mind when you grab those bottles in CLE. That's where I live and I'm dying to try Bourbon Apple Pie. Love the regular Apple Pie. Would happily trade!

Keep me in mind when you grab those bottles in CLE. That's where I live and I'm dying to try Bourbon Apple Pie. Love the regular Apple Pie. Would happily trade!
I only have a few bottles left as of now, but either way I'm sure I can help you out on ticking that. I'm moving back to CLE in July!

The 'whats new in Ohio' thread is one of the only things I still check on the other site. Let's change that.

Recent landings in Columbus:
Razor Hoof (War Mullet & Permanent Funeral next weekish)
Big Bad Baptist
Bitches Brew
Bell's stouts & Third Coast
More 3F OG

Clown Shoes & Prairie coming later this month
New Belgium & Deschutes later

What else?

I actually started the "new to OH" thread on the other site and it is currently the only reason I still go to that site.. let's help get some more activity flowing through here so I can stop going to that site altogether!

So, Dark Apparition finally made its way to Toledo a few weeks ago. Does anyone know updates on Oil of Aphrodite? Other releases down the road? I'm guessing these releases are hitting the markets closer to Jackie O's first.

So, Dark Apparition finally made its way to Toledo a few weeks ago. Does anyone know updates on Oil of Aphrodite? Other releases down the road? I'm guessing these releases are hitting the markets closer to Jackie O's first.
Paw paw wheat is bottled and hitting distro soon if it hasn't already. BA dark app will be released a week or 2 before the release party on 6/20

Really, really wish I didn't have to move my girlfriend out of her apartment that day. I've loved every bodhi one off I've tried. I wonder if they will be pouring what's left over after 5?

Lake Erie Monster Release Details
Posted May 5, 2014

We are thrilled to announce the release details of our May Seasonal, Lake Erie Monster Imperial IPA™. An imperial India pale ale exploding with bold hop flavors, Lake Erie Monster is available in 4-Pack and Draft.

Release Dates:

Thursday, May 8: Lake Erie Monster tapped in the GLBC Brewpub (11:30AM)
Friday, May 9: Lake Erie Monster bottles available in the GLBC Gift Shop (5PM)
Monday, May 12: Lake Erie Monster begins hitting GLBC's distribution markets

If anyone sees any of the new batch of Tilquin Quetsche in Columbus, please let me know. Looks like it was bottled a few weeks ago. I'll owe ya big time if you help me out when the time comes.

Noticed a few recent arrivals:
Prairie/Mikkeller American Style
Jolly Pumpkin Biere de Mars
New Belgium La Folie, Transatlantic Kriek (for stupid money)
Deschutes Mirror Mirror
Actual Curiosus (Berliner Weisse)

Probably a bunch of other stuff you guys already know about. Just trying to keep this thread alive!

El Lupulo Libre was at The Crest as of yesterday - tasted like an amped up White Rajah to me, which was pretty great.

I LOVED Belloq from Hoof Hearted, though...I could drink that all day.

Did anyone make it to the Bodhi 12 ways last night? I want the deets.

I was there - it was a blast. Pineapple Bodhi was by far the best, followed very closely by Breakfast Bodhi, Coconut Bodhi and Tangelo Bodhi.

I couldn't believe we were able to get growlers filled too - madness! I was kinda annoyed that they were only filling them to go at first, though, because that kinda stuck it to the people who actually paid for the tasting + movie. Other than that, a great tasting event as always.

Eric from CBC did say that an event like this would probably never be done again since it was a pain in the ass to get everything together for it.

Bodega is open again - curious to hear everyone's thoughts about the re-design. I didn't make it there often, but if I can actually walk around in there without bumping into someone I may head there more often.

Bodega is open again - curious to hear everyone's thoughts about the re-design. I didn't make it there often, but if I can actually walk around in there without bumping into someone I may head there more often.

I'm not optimistic. Didn't they just take out some tables? The tables were the only reason I ever went. Waiting an hour and getting served at a table was better than spending an hour getting covered in mustache sweat while the bartender ignores you.

It's still a tiny, tiny space. They need to move before I'll bother with it again. It's just not worth it.

i was checking the pictures out--it looks like there might be even fewer tables before. that works for some places, but bodega is not one of those places. i wholeheartedly agree that they should have moved rather than remodeling or at least stopped serving mediocre food and gone to just a bar. oh well.

were any of those kegs still pouring? i am super intrigued by the tangelo bodhi but am guessing it's long gone, and it's too far just to stop in.

seeking advice--getting married in toledo in a few weeks, and while my guests will be drinking crappy beer (sorry!) i'm not going to be. catch is that i'm looking for something <5%abv, not in bombers, and readily available in ohio. i am leaning towards something like stone go to, but was wondering if there's anything off my radar that's worth drinking for 6 hours. also, does bam biere come in 375s?

seeking advice--getting married in toledo in a few weeks, and while my guests will be drinking crappy beer (sorry!) i'm not going to be. catch is that i'm looking for something <5%abv, not in bombers, and readily available in ohio. i am leaning towards something like stone go to, but was wondering if there's anything off my radar that's worth drinking for 6 hours. also, does bam biere come in 375s?
I know La Roja comes in 375...but I'm not sure about other offerings. Fathead's Daydream could be another option.

Anybody know of any shops in Toledo that have been seeing the new Jackie O's bottles yet? I know I won't have a problem getting them when I'm down there next month, but I'd like to have a go-to spot where I can grab them if I decide to send a box again some day...

Used to be in 12oz a while back but I don't think so anymore. I've only seen Roja, Oro and Calabaza recently in the 375s.

Stillwater has 6pack cans of Classique saison (4.5%) that's been a go to session beer for me that's not an IPA/PA.

Founders All Day?

I know La Roja comes in 375...but I'm not sure about other offerings. Fathead's Daydream could be another option.

Used to be in 12oz a while back but I don't think so anymore. I've only seen Roja, Oro and Calabaza recently in the 375s.

Stillwater has 6pack cans of Classique saison (4.5%) that's been a go to session beer for me that's not an IPA/PA.

Founders All Day?

this multiquote is great. thanks for all the help. thrashD this is exactly what i was looking for--the non-ipa option. will likely do that and some sort of ipa.
Anybody know of any shops in Toledo that have been seeing the new Jackie O's bottles yet? I know I won't have a problem getting them when I'm down there next month, but I'd like to have a go-to spot where I can grab them if I decide to send a box again some day...

mark get out of our thread you don't live here anymore

this multiquote is great. thanks for all the help. thrashD this is exactly what i was looking for--the non-ipa option. will likely do that and some sort of ipa.

mark get out of our thread you don't live here anymore
If you're buying it in Columbus, the only places I've seen it at have been Pace-High and Savor Growl. None of the shops around town seem to know what the hell it was when I was hunting it down a month or two ago and then it just randomly popped up.

Back