The Ohio Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats on the marriage by the way!
thanks!
If you're buying it in Columbus, the only places I've seen it at have been Pace-High and Savor Growl. None of the shops around town seem to know what the hell it was when I was hunting it down a month or two ago and then it just randomly popped up.
the problem is i'm not allowed to bring it in, the venue has to buy it. if i could bring it in i'd be crushing NG berliner all night. hopefully they'll be able to find some--they've got a few weeks.

Anybody know of any shops in Toledo that have been seeing the new Jackie O's bottles yet? I know I won't have a problem getting them when I'm down there next month, but I'd like to have a go-to spot where I can grab them if I decide to send a box again some day...

I know two places have gotten it, but its' been a struggle to get any. I got 1 bottle of Dark Apparition from Anderson's in Maumee, and that was after I basically told them to order it. I know they got Paw-Paw and so did Churchill's in Maumee, but I have no clue how much. Anderson's (in Maumee) will get just about anything that is available, but trying to pry it loose has been very difficult as of late. I know Anderson's Market didn't order it, from my friend who works there. You could try Anderson's on Talmadge, Joseph's or Marino's...but I don't usually venture that far. Hit me up if your looking for anything in particular and I'll see if I can't hunt some down.

thanks!

the problem is i'm not allowed to bring it in, the venue has to buy it. if i could bring it in i'd be crushing NG berliner all night. hopefully they'll be able to find some--they've got a few weeks.
That's some stupid ****. Good luck and congrats!

1393612625773_zpshxqfobeo.jpg

Apparently this gets it's official release this weekend. Hope we see it soon!

Hey guys, has nothing to do with releases or anything of the sort but are there any bottle shops in the Cleveland/Akron area that I should be checking out? I'll be there in July and I'm just planning ahead.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Hey guys, has nothing to do with releases or anything of the sort but are there any bottle shops in the Cleveland/Akron area that I should be checking out? I'll be there in July and I'm just planning ahead.

Thanks guys, much appreciated.
I'm not an expert of Cleveland, but depending on where you are in Akron, 101 Bottles in Kent is a great shop with a nice bar with about ~20 or so taps. The only shops in Cleveland I know is Rozi's in Lakewood and Lizardville (multiple locations). Both of which have a great selection.

I'm not an expert of Cleveland, but depending on where you are in Akron, 101 Bottles in Kent is a great shop with a nice bar with about ~20 or so taps. The only shops in Cleveland I know is Rozi's in Lakewood and Lizardville (multiple locations). Both of which have a great selection.
Thank you. I'll definitely check those out.

Jackie O's Brick Kiln has officially hit Cincy! Jungle Jim's has a few bottles left. Also, Revolution/Firestone Walker collab "Dos Osos" and Rhinegeist Zen (mosaic and citra session pale ale) 6 pack cans just hit shelves.

Need help from Columbus people:
I'm attending a conference that will be held at OSU, and I'm looking for a bar that would be suitable for a large block (say 10-30) of people on a Friday night. These, for the most part, would be casual beer drinkers, so I'm more interested in finding a place that would be comfortable for a large group of 25-40 year olds, rather than a super crowded bar with the best selection.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Need help from Columbus people:
I'm attending a conference that will be held at OSU, and I'm looking for a bar that would be suitable for a large block (say 10-30) of people on a Friday night. These, for the most part, would be casual beer drinkers, so I'm more interested in finding a place that would be comfortable for a large group of 25-40 year olds, rather than a super crowded bar with the best selection.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Any bar near campus on a Friday night is probably going to be crowded. Try Pint House? I haven't been there but I've heard they get some decent stuff , they've got some food, it's large, casual and has a retractable roof.

Any bar near campus on a Friday night is probably going to be crowded. Try Pint House? I haven't been there but I've heard they get some decent stuff , they've got some food, it's large, casual and has a retractable roof.
Every time I have been to pint house it has been slammed, fwiw. It gets so loud in there that it can be hard to hear people as well.

That being said, campus bars should t be too bad since it's the summer. Chumleys is pretty big and shouldn't be too crowded. Same with Eddie George's in the summer.

Yeah pint house is gonna be friggen packed. Chumleys would be a better bet but most likely still crowded. Also, 10-30 people is a big difference!

Yes, I'm completely unsure how many people at this conference are going to want to drink (good) beer. Best bet is closer to 10. Chumley's looks pretty good, especially since we'll be very close to the OSU Faculty Club before that (and google maps says they're only about 0.4 miles apart).

Thanks!

Stillwater's Gose Gone Wild showed up. I bought one because I've been looking to try more gose. Then I read the label when I got in the car and got much more excited. It's Westbrook Gose + Amarillo & Citra + Brett!
Yup. Just picked up two in t-town.

Turns out Bourbon Barrel Dark Apparition did hit distribution - I picked up a bottle at Anderson's today, and Savor Market advertised they got a case in.

I think they were saving it to make sure they had enough for the release weekend. Probably had enough left over to send out

I am in lower NW Ohio and i have been told we will not be seeing any BA Dark App it all is getting sent to Toledo... With that said i am ISO big time of some, if any fellow buckeye has any they want to trade or long shot gopickitupformebro that would be great.

I am in lower NW Ohio and i have been told we will not be seeing any BA Dark App it all is getting sent to Toledo... With that said i am ISO big time of some, if any fellow buckeye has any they want to trade or long shot gopickitupformebro that would be great.
I got 1 bottle, never had it. Send me a pm and I'll hit you up for a tasting sometime.

Did anywhere in Ohio ever get Hommage? I haven't seen any new shipments of OG recently either, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Envelopes, Tilquin Questche and 13/14 neck gueuze hit Columbus last week

Did anywhere in Ohio ever get Hommage? I haven't seen any new shipments of OG recently either, so maybe that has something to do with it?

Woodhouse,

Hommage hit Warehouse Beverage at least a month ago.

Any one see any Gose Gone Wild in Northeast Ohio? I heard a second wave could be coming.

Franklin,

Damn, thanks for the info. Haven't heard of it hitting Columbus, not that I would really expect to, but with how often in the last year or so we saw OG and Golden Blend I figured there was a decent chance of seeing it.

Thanks man! Figures, the week I stop looking. I tried a couple places and only managed two 375s of the OG. Ugh.

I quit.

Thanks man! Figures, the week I stop looking. I tried a couple places and only managed two 375s of the OG. Ugh.

I quit.

I also made the poor choice to stop looking for stuff last week - I did buy a ton of NG stuff when I was in Madison last weekend, though, so I'm not too upset.

I'm gonna post this as someone who grew up in Ohio and thinks that I'd be awesome to have OH representation again (I understand it hasn't happened in awhile) - yeah, it's a bit of a plug, but a plug (word chosen carefully) for beer geeks, is never bad, riiiight? So: get it together and re-join the gang bang!

http://www.talkbeer.com/community/threads/gang-bang-round-6-returning-team-signups.12220/
In the process of talking to a few friends about this. If anyone else in NW Ohio wants to get in on the action if we have a potential team shoot me a pm.

Have you guys tried anything from Zaftig yet? I know the founder via a mutual friend, so I got to taste a few of his beers when he was a lowly homebrewer. I think they're off to a good start.

Has anyone seen any Jolly Pumpkin Baudelaire Ale Absurd Trippel? I think it was last bottled in February. I've seen plenty of the Baudelaire IO Saison but don't think I've seen any of this one.

Back