The Ohio Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on when this might be hitting? Brewery only or distro?

image_thumb%25255B3%25255D.png

Is anyone else in here going to the OSU vs VA TECH football game Sept 6th?
Or would be interested in tailgating/bottle sharing?

Anyone traveling to Baltimore for the OSU vs. Navy game on 8/30 and interested in a bottleshare tailgate? I live about 25 minutes south of Baltimore but am from southern Ohio; looking for some Buckeye fans to drink good beer with before the game.

Columbus TB'ers. Anyone going to be out for the Rutgers game this weekend? Looking for a little tail gate action. Would be more than happy to bring a cooler of Crooked Stave, Upright, HF and of course some Ma Wilson's cracker sausage.

Coming down from Toledo, but no real plans yet except to get to the shoe around 330. Hit me up if you want to kick it.

Cheers.

Rozis Wine House in Lakewood got a case of Hoppin Frog BANE, supposively aged in the BORIS van Wink barrels. $19.99 a bottle. I left them all there because that beer is trash IMHO but to each their own :cool:

Rozis Wine House in Lakewood got a case of Hoppin Frog BANE, supposively aged in the BORIS van Wink barrels. $19.99 a bottle. I left them all there because that beer is trash IMHO but to each their own :cool:

I love Naked Evil, but that's not my reason for posting. Apparently, it was a blend. Not all of the BANE was in BORIS Van Wink barrels.

Will be in Columbus tomorrow from about 11-4 hitting breweries, gettin dem ticks. Looking for a good store to hit, crafted drafts my best bet? Would like to grab some brothers drake meads, sad they don't open til 5.
If anyone wants to meet up during one of my ticking sessions let me know, gonna try to hit all the breweries that are open for lunch.

Will be in Columbus tomorrow from about 11-4 hitting breweries, gettin dem ticks. Looking for a good store to hit, crafted drafts my best bet? Would like to grab some brothers drake meads, sad they don't open til 5.
If anyone wants to meet up during one of my ticking sessions let me know, gonna try to hit all the breweries that are open for lunch.
Check out the Barrel and Bottle. It is inside the North Market, they get new deliveries on Friday and also have Brothers Drake mead. They recently expanded their shop and put in a bar too. Weilands (a grocery store) is another great store for bottles and is close enough off 71 that it's not a big detour. Can't speak about Crafted Drafts, as I've never been but they seem to have a solid selection.

Check out the Barrel and Bottle. It is inside the North Market, they get new deliveries on Friday and also have Brothers Drake mead. They recently expanded their shop and put in a bar too. Weilands (a grocery store) is another great store for bottles and is close enough off 71 that it's not a big detour. Can't speak about Crafted Drafts, as I've never been but they seem to have a solid selection.
Thanks for the info!
Does barrel and bottle do mix a 6?

Thanks for the info!
Does barrel and bottle do mix a 6?
They have a cooler of single 12oz beers, all priced individually, but the selection varies and isn't huge. I think crafted drafts has a way bigger selection of singles, but again I havent been, maybe someone else can chime in.

Nearby Barrel and bottle is House Beer which only has singles, and they have a nice selection, but they're priced a little higher than anywhere in town due to their location. weilands, who I mentioned earlier usually has a nice selection of singles too with a lot of local and Ohio options.

Anyone seeing any 3F oude geuze around in Ohio? Toledo has been bone dry for about a year or more...couple friends aren't sure either that work at shops. Any other areas getting some?

Anyone seeing any 3F oude geuze around in Ohio? Toledo has been bone dry for about a year or more...couple friends aren't sure either that work at shops. Any other areas getting some?

Nada in Cbus for awhile either. Saw some De Cam and Tilquin lately but no 3F.

I believe the last shipment of 3F OG that columbus saw was about a year ago, Dec '12 bottle date.

Nada in Cbus for awhile either. Saw some De Cam and Tilquin lately but no 3F.
Where's the tilquin hiding?! Has columbus seen the OG^2 or Rullquin stout?

Anything specific I should tell a coworker to bring me back from Cleveland this weekend?
If he can find Hopstalker cans, those should still be relatively fresh and they are awesome.

Also any Jackie Os 375ml bottles. bourbon brick kiln barley wine hit distro this week and he should be able to find Oil of Aphrodite/maybe rum oil, pawpaw wheat, dark app, etc.

If he can find Hopstalker cans, those should still be relatively fresh and they are awesome.

Also any Jackie Os 375ml bottles. bourbon brick kiln barley wine hit distro this week and he should be able to find Oil of Aphrodite/maybe rum oil, pawpaw wheat, dark app, etc.

Definitely this. Lizardville Lakewood still had some cans left last week, outside of that the production facility might be your best bet to fiind Hopstalker.

Might also be some Hoppin Frog BANE left if your into Barleywine.

As a Bodhi fanboy, I am obligated to advise you to have him grab a growler if he sees it on tap.
Thanks guys! Surprised that no one suggested Great Lakes Christmas. I thought you Ohioans love that stuff ;)

Turns out he's flying (cheap f'n Frontier airlines rates!), so that rules Bodhi growlers out. Hopefully he checks a bag and can bring back some Hopstalker cans for me.

Not sure how many people get up to the Sandusky area, but here is Small City Taphouse Lineup for Saturday:

COLUMBUS
-Fool's Gold
-Yakima Fresh Hop (mosaic)
-Bodhi
-Habanero Bodhi
-Ginger/lemongrass Bodhi
-Saison
-Lucy (Belgian IPA)
-Belgian Dark Strong
-Sohio Stout (coffee stout)
-Steel Dawn (barrel age stout)
-Red Dawn (barrel aged Uncle Rusty)

3FLOYDS
zombie dust
gumball head
alpha king
yum yum

FATHEADS
HOP STALKER
HEAD WEST
HEAD HUNTER GINGER WASABI
LIQUID COURAGE
HOLLY JOLLY

FERDOCK
sandusky pale ale

CATAWBA ISLAND
cookie cutter christmas ale
hot blonde

FOUDERS
BACKWOODS BASTARD

For anyone interested in some Schramm's meads, I'm planning to make a stop there on my way to 4Elf in a few weeks. I'd be happy to be your bro and go pick it up for you as long as you can pick it up IP in Columbus.

Going to be driving with the family through Ohio Super Bowl weekend, then back though the weekend after.

2 questions.

1. What will be the best bottleshop option to stop off 70 (between IN and Columbus) or off 33 (between Columbus and WV)? Won't have much time to make a stop. So closer to interstate the better.

2. Will Nugget Nectar be on shelves then?

Thanks!

Going to be driving with the family through Ohio Super Bowl weekend, then back though the weekend after.

2 questions.

1. What will be the best bottleshop option to stop off 70 (between IN and Columbus) or off 33 (between Columbus and WV)? Won't have much time to make a stop. So closer to interstate the better.

2. Will Nugget Nectar be on shelves then?

Thanks!
You'll pass right by Jackie O's on 33. Stop at the taproom and buy bottles and then head over to the brew pub for some cheese curds and whatever they have on draft

Latest posts

Back