The Official Modern Times League Of Partygoers & Elegant People Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like burritos?

• Yes but I'm anti adjuncts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What is the pickup window for Attack Frequency? It seems to be conveniently left off of the "pleeb" email haha.
***PICK-UPS FOR ATTACK FREQUENCY ARE 8/11-8/21 ONLY***

Says it right on the BPT page.

Edit: Twice actually

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PICK-UP WINDOW FOR ATTACK FREQUENCY IS 10 DAYS ONLY. The rest of the bottles are subject to our usual pick-up window, but pick-ups for Attack frequency end on 8/21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
08/11 - 08/21 is for League members, the window for non-League members is 08/11 - 08/18.

Trying to go incognito now?

Hehehe, you caught me. Although this avatar is actually tattoo'd onto my back so if I am ever shirtless you can still find me, but be warned if the sun reflects off of my deathly pale skin right into your eyes I cannot be held responsible for you going blind.

***PICK-UPS FOR ATTACK FREQUENCY ARE 8/11-8/21 ONLY***

Says it right on the BPT page.

Edit: Twice actually

IMPORTANT NOTE: THE PICK-UP WINDOW FOR ATTACK FREQUENCY IS 10 DAYS ONLY. The rest of the bottles are subject to our usual pick-up window, but pick-ups for Attack frequency end on 8/21. NO EXCEPTIONS.
Right, I am a pleeb so I don't have the BPT link yet. Hence why I asked :)
Edit: But that is too bad, I was hoping to grab some cans when I was down there for DDG. Oh well, another time hopefully! At least I am going to be able to grab VSS on the DDG trip! and hopefully have AF on draft at the tasting room.

Can someone post the most recent league email? Curious to hear what bottles are coming out! Might be looking to trade a DDG for one when I come down to pickup.

ATTACK FREQUENCY (4-Packs)
Attack Frequency is a mouthwatering tropical juice-bomb of an IPA brewed with Citra, Amarillo, El Dorado and Rakau hops and taken to nigh-on-irresponsible levels of juiciness with the addition of guava and apricot. Seriously, we could spend paragraphs describing it, but how good did that just sound?
PICK-UPS FOR ATTACK FREQUENCY ARE 8/11-8/21 ONLY.
ABV: 7%
Total Quantity (4-Packs): 2500

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN BARBADOS RUM BARRELS
This is Monsters Park, our hulking, cantankerous imperial stout, aged in fragrant, fruity Barbados rum barrels. Notes of bright, spicy fruit mingle gorgeously with a rich, dark malt backbone, providing an outrageously decadent flavor profile dripping with dark fruit and delicious chocolate.
ABV: 13%
Total Quantity: 660

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN BARBADOS RUM BARRELS WITH VANILLA BEANS & COCONUT
Coconut leaps immediately from the glass before landing gently on a field of tropical fruit and spicy vanilla evocative of a rich, rum cocktail, followed by a gloriously protracted, island-time finish.
ABV: 13%
Total Quantity: 930

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN NICARAGUAN RUM BARRELS WITH CINNAMON, COCOA NIBS, VANILLA BEANS, & CHILIS (Mexican Hot Chocolate Edition)
The addition of cinnamon, cocoa nibs, chilis, and vanilla beans combines with fragrant, oaky Nicaraguan rum barrels to turn this beer into a mind-blowingly delicious Mexican hot chocolate party.
ABV: 15.8%
Total Quantity: 900

MONSTERS' PARK AGED IN NICARAGUAN RUM BARRELS WITH CHERRIES & VANILLA
The addition of cherries plays perfectly into the flavors and aromas of dark fruit already present in this beer, and its bold vanilla notes are beautifully tempered by undertones of spicy oak and rich mahogany.
ABV: 15.8%
Total Quantity: 600

SHADOW MOUNTAIN (Barrel-Aged Sour)
This incredibly tasty saison was meticulously aged in red wine barrels and lavished with exorbitant amounts of boysenberries, yielding an alluring melange of bright, acidic berry flavors and aromas complemented by an oaky, tannic earthiness. It's an absolutely delightful beer, and a a testament to your excellent beverage-selecting abilities.
ABV: 6%
Total Quantity: 1015

ONE MILLION TOMORROWS (Barrel-Aged Sour)
The peaches we used for Valley of Sound were so bomb, we thought they deserved another round, hence the tasty little number you now see before you. We added these stone fruit champions to a batch of fresh saison and fermented with our resident bugs in white wine barrels. What we ended up with is a stunningly beautiful beer boasting a deep peach character, Brett-tastic notes of hay and pepper, and a bright, healthy acidity. It's a sensory smorgasbord of radness that might just restore your faith in sequels.
ABV: 7.3%
Total Quantity: 890

Who is Coffee club and are you still getting the emails with the descriptions for the two bags being sent at the beg of the month? If you are getting them, can you tell what the August shipment is/was?

My July shipment didn't come until last week and required multiple emails to knock loose. Never even got a response to the last two emails, just the beans showed up on my doorstep. Now that I haven't gotten an August shipment (or an email describing what is in the August shipment...) i'm wondering if the package I got last week WAS August and i'm just screwed on the July shipment.

Have also emailed MT direct asking about the coffee descriptions email and if I was dropped. No response.

I'm a MT fanboy but this has been really frustrating. I'm not one to ***** in public without giving the company a chance to answer my concerns but multiple emails going unanswered...

My better half is not receiving emails, we think it is because we didn't checkmark the newsletter box on purchase.

August:
Black House Blend
BBA Wote Konga

This shipment arrived on the 3rd.

Edit: Also received the shirt and glass with this shipment

Who is Coffee club and are you still getting the emails with the descriptions for the two bags being sent at the beg of the month? If you are getting them, can you tell what the August shipment is/was?
I didn't get an email either, although I did receive a shipping notification for August and the beans came within 24 hours of the shipping notification. I think they purged the League Coffee list when renewal came up and then for whatever reason, renewals didn't make it back on the email list.

Not that it's an excuse for poor communication, but with the cafe buildout at the brewery I think the coffee team has been pretty scattered and things are probably slipping through the cracks. If you can't get a response, I'd put them on blast on BA. Jacob seems like he gets annoyed by it, but it also gets results...if you've already tried his suggested means of communication (emailing the League email), then at least you'll get someone's attention that way.

Another reason to appreciate Modern Times. Bottle increase email came through. I thought I was set, but tempted to grab a couple more bottles.

Gonna be coming down to SD Aug 24-27, will be missing the pickup for Attack Frquency by 3 days.

Assuming the Attack Frequency is still available for sale,
Any SD guys wanna #pickupacouple4packsforme? Can bring some thank you beer from Nor Cal ;)

Gonna be coming down to SD Aug 24-27, will be missing the pickup for Attack Frquency by 3 days.

Assuming the Attack Frequency is still available for sale,
Any SD guys wanna #pickupacouple4packsforme? Can bring some thank you beer from Nor Cal ;)
I am going down a week after the end of the window for the DDG pickup. I figure this is the beer gods way of saying I don't need more beer haha.

You had me so worried I opened a MP Rum cherry and vanilla tonight and boy am I glad I did!
I opened mine last night and wow! So good!
Also, MT got back to me and said they'll replace my flat Mill Tomorrow bottle. They think it's an isolated incident.

5A9E00A5-7DAA-4D70-ADDD-62013FC7C99C_zps04wnu7uw.jpg

I sent my 2nd bottle this MP variant to etusick Shellac44 Tbarnick to share in the Burgh

200w.gif

I recently opened a MP Nola Coffee, Rum Barrel with Coconut and Vanilla, and a Rum Barrel Mexi Stout and all were amazing. The Nola and Coconut/Vanilla were the best Monster's Parks I've had. The Mexican Stout was really good too, but I tend to be less excited about that style as a whole.

I recently opened a MP Nola Coffee, Rum Barrel with Coconut and Vanilla, and a Rum Barrel Mexi Stout and all were amazing. The Nola and Coconut/Vanilla were the best Monster's Parks I've had. The Mexican Stout was really good too, but I tend to be less excited about that style as a whole.
NOLA blew me away, and I'm really sad that I only have one left. While it's slightly different than BASS, I'd say that NOLA just demolishes it - and I love BASS.

Also, MT got back to me and said they'll replace my flat Mill Tomorrow bottle. They think it's an isolated incident.
FWIW, I opened a One Million Tomorrows over the weekend and it was perfectly carbed (small sample size, obviously). Hopefully it really is an isolated incident, the beer is great.

I've actually never had an issue parking by MT but maybe it's more crowded than before. Should be interesting to see how it is before Gulls games this year.

I'm still trying to figure it out....if street on south is full, check near goodnite inn...if that street is full....go park at Staples. Seems easy enough to me.
Nice tip on the staples I've always circled till I found a spot on the street.

I always get parking on that street, near Denny's / that hotel. I seriously have never had an issue with parking. Not sure what people's deal is.
Depends on timing. I usually find a spot there but for the packaging hall party it took me a couple of laps to find a spot.

I always get parking on that street, near Denny's / that hotel. I seriously have never had an issue with parking. Not sure what people's deal is.
Their deal is its BA haha. Hey, the DDG thread finally made 37 pages, for now. I am sure the mods will go and delete a bunch of posts for no reasons though lol.

OK guys, I was totally joking about changing the subject to parking. Clearly we should be talking about more important things, like burritos.

Nice tip on the staples I've always circled till I found a spot on the street.

During the evenings and for things like tasting preview events I don't even bother with the street, despite being down there early enough. Park at Staples, grab a spot that faces the street so that I am not being an ******* and taking a spot right in front of a business and then walk over. About half the time I will even walk into the 7-11 that is there and grab a monster or something if I feel I need to justify my parking there.

Latest posts

Back