The "I'd nevervdrink that if it were ALL that was available" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rolling Rock is awful.

And I had a beer from New Holland I could swear was called Madder Hatter and it was a 10% imperial IPA brewed with blue cheese? I feel like this was a fever dream. But I remember my wife and I had a hard time finishing that beer.

Rolling Rock is awful.

And I had a beer from New Holland I could swear was called Madder Hatter and it was a 10% imperial IPA brewed with blue cheese? I feel like this was a fever dream. But I remember my wife and I had a hard time finishing that beer.
rolling rock was the first beer i ever had. nearly put me off beer forever.

Rolling Rock is awful.

I live in PA. We grew up with Rolling Rock - from “the glass lined tanks at Latrobe, PA.” It’s a common beer that many here drink.

I think it used to be better when it was brewed in Latrobe. AB bought the recipe and the branding years ago and closed the brewery in Latrobe. They put thousands of people out of work and moved production to St. Louis, Mo and the beer hasn’t been the same since.

By some legal-ese they still print the text on the back of the bottle that talks about it being made in Latrobe. A smaller company with less resources would probably be sued for false advertising.

Haven’t bought Rolling Rock since and I never will buy it again.

Yes indeed. We (beer makers) react more to the American mass market tastes
…and thats why every brewery and micro brewery is making a dozen hazy pale ales and ipas that all look like a glass of orange juice or the sludge I pour out of the bottom of my fermenter. These beers make my throat close and make me gag every time I look at one.

My Dad (WWII Vet) was stationed at Ft. Riley, and after the war went to K-State. I was born in Manhattan, but was wise enough to go to KU, and into the Navy.

Go Navy, Beat Army! ⚓
Damn Pier Queers!!!!!!! My wife and I are both retired from the Army. She retired out of Ft Riley and we decided to stay here. It's not too bad, but I forgot how backwards this state is!

I gotta' agree. Born, raised and educated, all between Salina and Kansas City. Then I joined the Navy to see the world, and only returned for visits. The recruiter failed to mention the world was 3/4th. water.

Then I went 'airdale' and only had to look at it from 35,000'. Some of us are slow learners, but I enjoyed all 20+ years of it.

Back