The Great 2007 HBT Belly Off Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll right. I'm in. 6'4" @ 289. I don't know about a self portrait. Perhaps my beer belly. It's All Grain, ya know. :D

This sounds great... I'm in... looks like everyone is a light weight.

I'm coing in at 5'9" @ 280#.

Will post a pic tonnight, goodluck all :)

6'3" and 237 the last time I was on a scale, which was about a month ago. I don't actually own a scale but I'd have to say I'm somewhere are that # right now.
Not sure if the ol' self esteem can take any more depressing weight news. I worked out for a year and ended up gaining 10 pounds. Now I haven't been to the gym in over 2 months.
I'll try to post a more current weight in a couple days...

Ok, I'm not going to drink any beer for 3 months! That will surely help.

Except on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday Mornings.

And occasionally on Wednesdays....

And perhaps a Tuesday or Thursday.... Just to make sure the aging process is going well.

Awesome! List is updated. Anyone have anything against me putting the list and weights in the OP? PM me if so and I won't.

I only ever eat an apple for breakfast, but I accidentally forgot mine today (which is bad, really, because food starts your metabolism in the morning). I ate the apple, a pickle, some granola, and a couple pretzels for lunch. Dinner was low-calorie sub. Day 1 is complete! I am going to have nearly a case of homebrew come June! :D

here's a tip for people who love to eat chips. Stacy's Pita Chips are really good and not nearly as bad for you. I like the Parmesan Garlic and Texarkana Hot. The Barely Naked ones are ok but all they have is sea salt.

I will get the info to you Ayrton, I have to weigh myself somewhere else, my home scale is a piece of crap and varies about 5lbs or more at random times.

McKBrew said:
I will get the info to you Ayrton, I have to weigh myself somewhere else, my home scale is a piece of crap and varies about 5lbs or more at random times.

Whenever! I wouldn't lose anything in the meantime, though. In fact, go have some lard on a spoon.

Count me in. If I win you all have to post a picture of the beer that you were going to send me whilst doing something silly like standing in a bucket.

5'10", 87k or 192 pounds. Aiming to lose 7K (15 of your funny old school measures)

I don't really need to lose weight (6'1, 190 lbs) but I need to convert the beer belly back into muscle. I've weighed about the same for the past 10 years or so, but my arms and legs have gotten skinnier while my waistline expanded.

My company just started a fitness challenge to see which team can walk the most steps per day. One of the guys on my team told me he's up to 3 miles every other day. I told him I'm up to about 32 ounces a night :mug:

So, I'm not going to enter, but I'm going to play along and hopefully get back into shape.

Great timing.....I just came to the realization that I'm becoming a fat SOB, so I started dieting Monday.

On 3/19 I weighed in at 270. Thats first thing in the morning, nekkid, after "evacuating". I'm 6'1" and big boned. :D

Is it cool that I start with that weight?

Here's the most recent pic of me. I've prob put on about 10 pounds since then.
firstdaystake.jpg

The camo hides the beer belly very good!!! ;)

freyguy said:
Great timing.....I just came to the realization that I'm becoming a fat SOB, so I started dieting Monday.

On 3/19 I weighed in at 270. Thats first thing in the morning, nekkid, after "evacuating". I'm 6'1" and big boned. :D

Is it cool that I start with that weight?

Here's the most recent pic of me. I've prob put on about 10 pounds since then.

The camo hides the beer belly very good!!! ;)

Great, you're in! Have some spinach.

Not to diminish anyone elses hopes of winning, and this could just be water weight, but on tuesday i weighed 282 but nekked before a shower after dinner. Last night after my shower i weighed in at 276.

but, we shall see how well behaved i am over the weekend:mug: :drunk: :rockin:

Reverend JC said:
Not to diminish anyone elses hopes of winning, and this could just be water weight, but on tuesday i weighed 282 but nekked before a shower after dinner. Last night after my shower i weighed in at 276.

but, we shall see how well behaved i am over the weekend:mug: :drunk: :rockin:

This is just a clever mind trick. You can't fool me! :drunk:

I would like to join as well! But work has me working out every day..... My weight has stayed at 175!

but good luck to everyone!

Eat smart
Get your heart rate up!

and after everygood workout.......... a nice thick stout! uuummmmmm

again good luck

Dang, quite the loss already!!

Thanks, I'm definately in this. A little support between us beer guzzlers might help motivate me some more. I got called a sissy at lunch today because I only had one Dogfish Shelter Pale (I figured lighter was better) with my salad.

I'm gonna call and see if I can get an appointment to get my stomach stapled. :D

S%^$@#!!!!

Count me in! I need to and this just keeps staring me in the face. I’m 6 ‘1” and I weigh 289 (I was weighed at the doc Monday). Believe it or not ‘normal’ for me is about 230. I’m happy with that. SWMBO is happy with that. My doc is happy with that. I used to backpack, canoe, and kayak but back problems (see my pain med thread) caused me to give that up and as a result, the pounds added over time (no excuse). I just had a physical too. No fat man diseases and my cholesterol is perfect. I’m good to go.

I will start tomorrow. Tonight, we’re going to a local brew pub for calzones and pints! One last binge for road.

I will post pics this weekend. One of what I used to look like and one how I am now. Not Cheesefood style! It would end up on a SciFi Channel Bigfoot special.

BTW, the beer doesn't make me fat. It is that when I get that happy beer buzz, I get the munchies like a pot head. I could eat the a$$ end of a hog if I get several pints in me.

I can drink homebrew on a diet, just dont have any ready to eat food in the house.

quote:BTW, the beer doesn't make me fat. It is that when I get that happy beer buzz, I get the munchies like a pot head. I could eat the a$$ end of a hog if I get several pints in me. quote :proofman

ain't that the truth
on a saturday night after a few i wear a trail in the kitchen floor to the fridge and back to my chair

ayrton said:
Whenever! I wouldn't lose anything in the meantime, though. In fact, go have some lard on a spoon.

Thanks for the "encouragement"

I pretty much did that today anyhow.

I always start off Friday morning with two doughnuts and a cup of coffee. Then I had to work late today, so I had some McDonalds, and some of those frosted animial cookies (Those things are awesome I think they put crack in them).

Here are my pictures.. First the scale:
scale.jpg

And second.. My profile.. I am standing slighty crooked to the camera.. however.. sadly.. that IS how I look..
profile.jpg

SpamDog

Ok, I moved the list to the OP. It looks like whoever wins will have just shy of a case of beer at this point. If that's not incentive, I don't know what is.

I will also post my pics tonight. I took them the day I posted the contest and they've sat on my camera ever since.

Well I got through the weekend with only 4 beers. The one friday at lunch, one Lambic Saturday with dinner, one homebrew with lunch on Sunday, and one before dinner sunday. Not too bad right?

I'm beggining to question this already. I'm thinking this is more like some cruel punishment rather than a diet. :(

I did drop 6 pounds so far, so thats a little bit of incentive for me. I'm also debating wheter to put a mirror about belly height on the beer fridge to help deter me from too much. Heck, I might even hit up the gym tonight!

Who blew it and hit up the buffets this weekend???? :D

Vermicous said:
I am in on this, nothing else seems to motivate me to lose weight so maybe free beer will.

I'm in, if for no other reason than a shot at another of your vanilla bourbon porters.:mug:

I'll post specifics later.

Pirate Ale said:
I'm in, if for no other reason than a shot at another of your vanilla bourbon porters.:mug:

I'll post specifics later.

I am doing a batch this month, should be ready in June.

I blew it this weekend, went to a birthday party for one of the local growers here. Ham hocks simmered in beans and rice, sausage-cheddar biscuits, lamb pizza, home-made sausage, three different kinds of corn-bread, fried chicken, and enough beer to drown a man.

Good times.

freyguy said:
I did drop 6 pounds so far, so thats a little bit of incentive for me. I'm also debating wheter to put a mirror about belly height on the beer fridge to help deter me from too much.

I had a sign on my fridge which simply said, "LOSE WEIGHT YOU FAT BASTARD". I found that worked for a while ;)

Just ran 1.25 miles! OK, not run as much as "jog at a pace slower than most old people". But it's still exercise! And yesterday I spent a few hours pulling bushes out of the ground and planting some bulbs and roses.

Cheesefood said:
Just ran 1.25 miles! OK, not run as much as "jog at a pace slower than most old people". But it's still exercise! And yesterday I spent a few hours pulling bushes out of the ground and planting some bulbs and roses.

Nice! I tend to just go for long, uphill walks with SWMBO when it's cooler, but I may have to run tonight. I also have a workout routine with 30 lb. free weights after I finish walking/running. Tonight I'm going to go hit the driving range. If you've never golfed, then you may not realize that swinging a club a hundred times can definitely be a workout.

What is everyone else doing?

By the way, I still need weights from McKBrew and Pirate Ale. The sooner you give me info (even without pics for now), the sooner you can start burning!

Shimms and I went on a five mile bike ride yesterday.

Riding is my thing. The quicker the pace, the better. My standard weight loss plan is lots of exercise, lots of water, and fewer calories.

Another day or so and I'll be back in the groove.

ill.literate said:
My standard weight loss plan is lots of exercise, lots of water, and fewer calories.

Exercise, eh? My plan consisted of sleeping, soda, cookies, fried chicken and pizza, but you may be on to something there. ;)

ayrton said:
Exercise, eh? My plan consisted of sleeping, soda, cookies, fried chicken and pizza, but you may be on to something there. ;)
I like your plan ayrton, but you forgot one main ingredient to success... The beer to motivate you. :mug:

ayrton said:
Nice! I tend to just go for long, uphill walks with SWMBO when it's cooler, but I may have to run tonight. I also have a workout routine with 30 lb. free weights after I finish walking/running. Tonight I'm going to go hit the driving range. If you've never golfed, then you may not realize that swinging a club a hundred times can definitely be a workout.

What is everyone else doing?

By the way, I still need weights from McKBrew and Pirate Ale. The sooner you give me info (even without pics for now), the sooner you can start burning!

Pirate Ale checking in...

6'3" and a lovely 227 lbs. I have been doing something similar since January, and am down from 244....:ban: I may not win but God I feel better than I did in January, and I know I will feel great in June. I have extra motivation, I have to go to Switzerland in June:D I'll post pics later, I have some from last week, that are scary, but motivating.

Dibby - Nice idear for the sign!! Might backfire on me though, my pregnanat wife may think it's for her!! :D

Man, you guys are really bringing your A game. It might be harder than I thought to win all this glorious homebrew! :p

I walked into the gym for the first time in about 2 years last night. I expected the music to stop and everyone to turn around and stare, but they didn't. I did a weight training routine then did 25min of cardio on an eliptical. I do feel alot better today. Weight training might slow down weight loss due to building muscle, but I'm shooting for eye candy status for the women this year at the beach. :cross:

Speaking of women, good god there are a ton of beauties at the gym. Easily worth the membership just to see them in there bouncing around! :)

freyguy said:
Weight training might slow down weight loss due to building muscle, but I'm shooting for eye candy status for the women this year at the beach.

That was one of the problems I had with this originally: body fat percentage would be the best way to do it, but there's no way to measure it without some specialized equipment. C'est la vie. Incrased muscle mass will also increase your metabolism, though, so you'll be burning extra fat with that muscle.

Thaumaturgist said:
I like your plan ayrton, but you forgot one main ingredient to success... The beer to motivate you. :mug:

You have no idea about beer motivating you until you have seen me rolling on the bike at 25 rpm for 35 min with 7 min left. I promised myself 2 pints, when i actually got home i had only one but hey, i needed that motivation as my legs and chest were burning.

Put the sause in at 6'2" 225lbs. Personal goal is to get below 200lbs. More beer and less food is my personal way of getting to that weight. No pics of me though comma I have a little rule that says no pics of me on the internet. That way I won't have to worry about blackmail at one point.;)

Latest posts

Back