The Great 2007 HBT Belly Off Competition

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ayrton said:
So long as customs doesn't come and kick my ass if you win and I send you some beer, then I see no problem! :tank:

unfortunately i know my willpower(or lack thereof) concerning my homebrew so i am pretty sure winning is out of the question.
i just want to reduce the great white expanse below my ribs.
i am more than willing to ship "live yeast samples" to the actual winner

Vermicous said:
I am in on this, nothing else seems to motivate me to loose weight so maybe free beer will.

Do it! The more of us that join, the more beer you could win!

What the hell. I'm in. I just put my nekked butt on the scale and I came in at a whopping 229! I would have sworn I was no more than 220.
6' 2" 229. :(

This is the first week in months where the temp is supposed to be above freezing (during the day) all week. I've got beer and barbecue on the brain. This is no time for dieting! I'll root for you all, though.

Go chubby!!!!

I'll give it shot. I really need to shed some pounds.

5'10", 220 lbs.

This picture is pretty representative of the slob I've become (I'm on the left):

attachment.php

Hey this sounds great!
Ive been meaning to get back in shape. I bought a gymn membership about 2 months ago and havent gone. Ill destroy all of you fat asses because I only weigh 160, and can drop 30 lbs in 3 months.
Bring it on!

Shot Drive said:
I'm in. Here's a picture of me in October. Right now I'm 5'6" 278. Do we get to keep drinking beer?

Al

If you're enough of a freak to quit drinking beer to win beer, then you've got some serious competition issues. Besides, who asks if they have to quit drinking beer on a beer drinking forum? Only people who don't like you would say yes. You look like one of us so.... keep drinking.

I'm in as well. I'll post my pic and weight this weekend. The timing is perfect, as the Belly Off contest I am starting at work will be wrapping up about the same time.

Ivan Lendl said:
Ill destroy all of you fat asses because I only weigh 160, and can drop 30 lbs in 3 months.
Bring it on!

130 huh. i hope you are about 5'0". much taller and you will look like a starving little kid. all you need to do is let flys land in the corners of you eyes to complete the emaciated look.

Yeah thats right, im talking **** already and its so earyly in the competition.

Sh*t JC's kicking it up a notch - and I've got his back. No skinny little homebrewboy is gonna take this competition.

I'm in @ 5'-9", 232. Low and slow, baby. Low and slow.

Well I am in.. aslong as it isn't too late.. and as long as no-one minds that I don't have any beer to send.. I can send some of my spiced apple cyser.

Otherwise I am 6'3" 258# as of this morn

SpamDog

SpamDog said:
Well I am in.. aslong as it isn't too late.. and as long as no-one minds that I don't have any beer to send.. I can send some of my spiced apple cyser.

Otherwise I am 6'3" 258# as of this morn

SpamDog

No such thing as too late. Bring it on! Should I compile a list as this thing goes on and then edit the OP with names and original weights? Hmmm...we can call them our original gravities!

Walker-san said:
Hey, Cheesefood and ayrton...

I don't know if you noticed, but you both have the exact same avatar. ;)

I have this strange feeling that Cheese is going to weigh 175 pounds soaking wet at the end of this thing. :D

I didn't get around to posting last night, but I weighed in at a svelte 270 pounds as of last night. I'm 6'3".

No pics around at the moment... but I'll keep looking.

ill.literate said:
I didn't get around to posting last night, but I weighed in at a svelte 270 pounds as of last night. I'm 6'3".

No pics around at the moment... but I'll keep looking.

Oh, I'm sure I can find one or two. :)

You're double my weight :D

Shimms said:
Oh, I'm sure I can find one or two. :)

You're double my weight :D

So you probably don't want him in the competition, right?

My SWMBO will love you guys for encouraging me. I crush her.

I'm in!

5'6, and weighing in at 210 lbs....

Do you need a pic? I can prolly find one if it's necessary.

Thaumaturgist said:
I'm in!

5'6, and weighing in at 210 lbs....

Do you need a pic? I can prolly find one if it's necessary.

Yes, preferably one of you and one of the scale, but we might be forced to take people at their word. Anyway, welcome!

Great, after looking at the list of people i now see that yes, infact, i am the biggest guy here.

Breakfast everymorn and an apple and some postachios around 10:30. exercise everynight BITHCES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring it on!

I am 6 feet tall.

Here is my current weight. Call it 224 I guess.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2658&c=1&userid=4138

This photo is from October, but it is the only one I have of me standing.

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2656&catid=member&imageuser=4138

Here is one from a couple of days ago

https://cdn.homebrewtalk.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=2659&catid=member&imageuser=4138

One of these days I will figure out how to post pictures directly into a post instead of links.

Good luck to all the official contestants. Personally, there is no way I can keep up a weight loss regimen for 3 months (how else do you think I got this fat?) so I'm out although I am going to try and start running a little each day as an unofficial participant.

I'll get the photos up today.....I lost my friggin memory card reader and have been trying to get motivated to find it for a week now.....this is a good excuse. The 232 I quoted earlier was from a few weeks ago so the 'official' photos might adjust my entry weight. In the meantime, I'm going to Burger King.........:p

Back