The Alvarado Hype Train

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7996cd9898f490fe4ac3ceea38e43581_640x640.jpeg

Rainy weather made me bust this one out. Really well done. Prickly carb, full mouthfeel, caramel figs, vanilla, heat on the finish. Touch dry for my taste but that makes it merely excellent. As far as I can tell the barrel is pretty much exclusively coming through via the vanilla presence. Makes me wish I had more, I think there's a chance this one can go the distance.
Picked up 2 cans at the Monterrey location based on this review. Looking forward to cracking one this weekend.

Anyone else here a huge fan of Blazing Saddles??? As long as that beer stays tasty and hits distro down here, consider it sold. Side note, the beer was good.
it’s good! but i got so much haze righ now i opted not to pick it up when i saw a bunch get carted into toronados when i was there today (i did want moonlight tho :mad:)

hopefully this batch remains just as tasty tho!

New batch of Mai Tai is exceptionally good. When does the DDH version go back in the rotation brentsdodgers ?

Good to know. I'll be sure to grab a can or two when/if they make their way down to San Diego. Sat out the last round of Mai Tai, not because I hadn't been liking it but rather because it was on par with all previous batches and I just didn't need any more.

Anyone else here a huge fan of Blazing Saddles??? As long as that beer stays tasty and hits distro down here, consider it sold. Side note, the beer was good.
I had a single can of the first batch and thought that it was well made but just didn't like the hop profile. I'm pretty sure I just don't like bru-1 hops, I've had only only a few beers made with them and they've each tasted not very pleasant.

A friend is in Monterey...does the Alvarado St location there usually carry cans to go? Any bottleshops I can suggest that might have some of their offerings?

A friend is in Monterey...does the Alvarado St location there usually carry cans to go? Any bottleshops I can suggest that might have some of their offerings?
yea they do! if he goes wednesday it’s usually a can drop too. in the back beer garden there’s a cooler full of 4 packs!

not sure on shops but they only distro to places that have their draft. so a bottle shop bar hybrid is your best bet

yea they do! if he goes wednesday it’s usually a can drop too. in the back beer garden there’s a cooler full of 4 packs!

not sure on shops but they only distro to places that have their draft. so a bottle shop bar hybrid is your best bet

There are a few places in Monterey that'll have their cans. Bottles n Bins down by the Aquarium usually has a bunch, as well as Grove Market in Pacific Grove.

I know this because I always stop at the brewery, then BnB, then Grove Market before making my way to my in-laws house every time we drive to Monterey!

ha i was thinking minesweeper

i’m pretty excited for raw cuts, been looking for an ipa to crush, so many dipas.

cool run offs is fantastic and the new recipe for haze of our lives sound fantastic. kinda bummed i missed them but last week i just had way to many hops to drink to pick up more and the spot i go to is 4-pack only or i would have tried for 2 and 2

Back