The Alvarado Hype Train

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I laughed

also what happened to CNJ? are they scrapping it all together or will they release it later brentsdodgers

Plenty of draft at both the tasting room and pub. Fingers crossed we will be able to can on Tuesday so accounts would get it on their normal day next week. And to think coming into this week, it was 38 miles we were stressing about being ready.

Plenty of draft at both the tasting room and pub. Fingers crossed we will be able to can on Tuesday so accounts would get it on their normal day next week. And to think coming into this week, it was 38 miles we were stressing about being ready.
any idea if there will be any 61 kilo left over for tomorrow, considering on making the drive down

b928bb8122d2bc29845e01236620e241_raw.jpeg

Checking in on the first beer I packaged with when I started back in May. Damn tasty.

If you can't get it at the brewery, it hangs around spots in SF and other places for a few days after releases.
Just saw that the brewery doesn't open until 3 on Friday. That would put me through the bay during rush hour.
giphy.gif

Maybe some of the usual suspects in Sacramento will get some and still have it on Friday.

Had it on draft a few weeks ago. It was certainly sweet, but luckily it wasn't full on Cycle-tier cloying garbage.
I’ve heard cycle stouts called lots of things, but never cloyingly sweet. Besides the maple beer they did I can’t think of one that was overly sweet, and I’ve had a LOT of cycle stouts. Which ones did you consider overly sweet? I’m genuinely curious and this is not an attack in any way

I’ve heard cycle stouts called lots of things, but never cloyingly sweet. Besides the maple beer they did I can’t think of one that was overly sweet, and I’ve had a LOT of cycle stouts. Which ones did you consider overly sweet? I’m genuinely curious and this is not an attack in any way
The TM series, days of the week, double barrel Rare DOS, home state (granted, not a stout), 4th anniversary hazelnut, big casita...

Not every single one of their beers is that sweet, sure. But enough of the ones I’ve tried have been overwhelmingly sweet that I just don’t seek them out and only try them when a friend opens one at a tasting.

Of course, they taste exactly how you would expect a beer advertised as being a vanilla, hazelnut, coffee stout to taste. So I’m not faulting them for that. And they can be enjoyable in an ounce or two pour.

I just also prefer drier beers, so probably some bias.

tenor.gif

Hella Yeast bruh

Can Release 2-7
Motor Oil No. 1, 11%, Imperial Stout with Chocolate, Vanilla & Coconut added.

One Giant Leap, 10%, Yeast Driven Triple IPA

Contains No Juice, 8.5%, Yeast Driven Double IPA

Delorean Dust, 8.1%, Yeast Driven Double IPA

i sure hope there's some of that motor oil resting in barrels for release in May

16 a can lmfaoooo who do they expect to buy this? if they want that kind of price per oz they need to wax some ****ing bottles so people cane use them to jerk themself off with

16 a can lmfaoooo who do they expect to buy this? if they want that kind of price per oz they need to wax some ****ing bottles so people cane use them to jerk themself off with
Does the fact that it's in a can means it should be cheaper? That's really not a particularly absurd price, it would be a $22 bomber which no one would bat an eye at for a BA quad.

Anyway I'm definitely curious about it as a quad fanatic, there's no way I get down there any time soon though.

Does the fact that it's in a can means it should be cheaper? That's really not a particularly absurd price, it would be a $22 bomber which no one would bat an eye at for a BA quad.

Anyway I'm definitely curious about it as a quad fanatic, there's no way I get down there any time soon though.
I honestly think that's it. People see can and sub-consciously think it should be cheap.

ok Stu, let me know how it is. At that price tag it should last at least a little while

I honestly think that's it. People see can and sub-consciously think it should be cheap.

i agree, presentation is huge, which is why this probably should have been bottled and waxed.

i also cited examples of BA cans that were under $10

Last edited:
Back