Stuck Lemonade Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gilbey

Reaction score
Hi Folks.

I searched for help, and I found others with the same problem, but not any solutions.

I have a stuck lemonade. It was a recipe found here, OG was 1.100. I used natural lemon juice, no preservatives. I used Star champagne yeast with some yeast nutrient and I made a yeast starter. I buffered the lemonade by starting with smaller amount of lemon juice in the sugar water, and then I slowly added more over two weeks. I had good fermentation for the first week and half, but SG is down to 1.055, and I see no activity. I have roused the yeast daily for a 4 days with no noticeable results.

Any ideas on what I can do to get fermentation moving again?

Thanks.

Alan

Did you re-hydrate the yeast before you made the starter? I have heard that there are negative side effects (mostly citing Jamil and White's book "Yeast") that come from pitching dried yeast directly into a starter.

You could always rehydrate more yeast, make a fresh starter, then pitch that at high krausen into your stuck fermenter. This would probably be your safest bet.

Back