Starting the Cellar

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LET'S NOT BUY THIS OTHERWISE PERFECT HOUSE BECAUSE OUR CURRENT COUCH WILL NOT FIT.

This project is ****ing great, Brubaker. But outside of the fun of the work, is there why didn't you just get pre-made wine racks and cut them to size?
I honestly never really considered buying racks. Plan was always to build em myself.

I want to know why the racks are so far apart. Are you storing jerobaums in there or something? It looks like you could fit at least 50% more in there if you wanted to.

Also, looking at them up that high is making me anxious, I have to remind myself that not everyone lives near fault lines...
Yep. Probably could have put them closer. I'll do a better job in the next cellar I build.

I'll do a better job in the next cellar I build.

giphy.gif

Finally no more beer in boxes!

WEObX6W.jpg

I plan to put a glassware cabinet right here where you see the tools. It would cover the end of that rack.

imNdb8W.jpg

This is a dedicated 375 rack. Yes, stupac2 I could have put these boards even closer together! The other racks will hold 375s, but just barely, so I wanted something more shallow for them. I just mounted it today so it hasn't been poly'd so that's why its not holding any bottles yet.

6tVYoL8.jpg

Now I just need more lambic and less Bruery!

Rne0KWP.jpg

Even moar Bruery here. When I had things under construction the only bottles I had easy access to were Expedition. I probably drank two cases of it over the past year. I regret nothing. The shelf is far from organized. I just wanted things out of boxes. Note the Trill haul from tikk that landed today.

Last edited:

WEObX6W.jpg

I plan to put a glassware cabinet right here where you see the tools. It would cover the end of that rack.

imNdb8W.jpg

This is a dedicated 375 rack. Yes, stupac2 I could have put these boards even closer together! The other racks will hold 375s, but just barely, so I wanted something more shallow for them. I just mounted it today so it hasn't been poly'd so that's why its not holding any bottles yet.

6tVYoL8.jpg

Rne0KWP.jpg

Even moar Bruery here. When I had things under construction the only bottles I had easy access to were Expedition. I probably drank two cases of it over the past year. I regret nothing. The shelf is far from organized. I just wanted things out of boxes. Note the Trill haul from tikk that landed today.
Great work Brian! Thanks for sharing your build with all of us.

WEObX6W.jpg

imNdb8W.jpg

6tVYoL8.jpg

Rne0KWP.jpg

Nice job! Little sad you are done, I enjoyed this thread. :)

Nice job! Little sad you are done, I enjoyed this thread. :)
Au contraire, I think we should just be entering Phase II of the thread. In my view, Starting the Cellar includes filling out those shelves and racks. I need to be able to look forward to a moment where those racks and shelves are comfortably full of great beer.

Brubaker I believe you can deliver, give us the updates we need to keep the dream alive?

WEObX6W.jpg

imNdb8W.jpg

6tVYoL8.jpg

Rne0KWP.jpg

I wouldn't Cellar the Trill IPAs. Usually want hoppy beers fresh.

Au contraire, I think we should just be entering Phase II of the thread. In my view, Starting the Cellar includes filling out those shelves and racks. I need to be able to look forward to a moment where those racks and shelves are comfortably full of great beer.

Brubaker I believe you can deliver, give us the updates we need to keep the dream alive?
Imma try and flip these Bruery stouts for lambic.

If I had any lambic to ship out, I would be tempted to hit you with a box. Then I see you live in Columbus, and then I realize what a bad idea that would be. Go Blue!

WEObX6W.jpg

imNdb8W.jpg

6tVYoL8.jpg

Rne0KWP.jpg

standing-ovation.gif

Great thread...muchly enjoyed!

Cheers!

If I had any lambic to ship out, I would be tempted to hit you with a box. Then I see you live in Columbus, and then I realize what a bad idea that would be. Go Blue!

You are very lucky you posted this after I sent your MAW Shelf Turd box.

Awesome job Brubaker everything looks very nice.

Great work Brubaker!

No way i would have wanted to dig out all that dirt by hand. I would have called it quits after an hour.

Those maple shelves look great!

So much Bruery.
"So much Bruery" is when the entire frame is filled with unopened allocations going back years, and the OP is complaining more 8 more cases worth of fresh allocations getting hot out in his car and he's asking what we see that's past it's prime because he's about to start opening bottles asap to make room.

What you quoted was just a little bit of Bruery, maybe enough to get me through a long weekend with a buddy or two.

"So much Bruery" is when the entire frame is filled with unopened allocations going back years, and the OP is complaining more 8 more cases worth of fresh allocations getting hot out in his car and he's asking what we see that's past it's prime because he's about to start opening bottles asap to make room.

What you quoted was just a little bit of Bruery, maybe enough to get me through a long weekend with a buddy or two.

Oddly specific. Almost seems as though you have some experience in the matter.

9eLwQ.gif

Back