Started new batch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HAREEBROWNBEEST

Reaction score
image-945031333.jpg

Going with 4 gallons of some Winco 100% apple cider from concentrate. That kinda sounds like an oxymoron to me:) I added 1 lb of raspberry honey, 2 lbs of brown sugar and Nottingham yeast. This will be the first time using the Nottingham and I've read nothing but good results from it. I will see.

image-4290688250.jpg

Starting gravity is 1.060, hoping to achieve a alc. vol. of 6%. I'd be happy with that.

image-510026809.jpg

Ready to wait.

i have just started my first batch of cider last weekend. used 3L of apple juice, 1/4 cup dextrose, and US-05 yeast.

Did you add anything special to yours? Can you explain what you did a little more for noobies like myself??

I just added the juice to my carboy, added the honey to some heated up juice to blend it into the juice inside the carboy, made sure my temps were around 75* F before adding packet of Nottingham yeast to the carboy. Let it sit for at least a week or more, transfer juice off of yeast cake in bottom of carboy and either add AJ concentrate until it tastes how you like it and bottle.

Back