St. Peters Organic English Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AHammer16

Reaction score
Any one try this one? Just had a 500 ml bottle yesterday and it was pretty damn good. Smooth and very lightly carb'd. I would reccomend it!

Mr A Hammer
I have tried it and it is good, and I have paid them a visit. The brewery is only a few miles from here in an old country house with out-buildings. They have done particularly well with their exports, particularly to the states, they say it's because of their distinctively shaped bottles – but I think that the beer has something to do with it. Incidentally the brewery is up for sale so if you like the beer…… :D
They also make a grapefruit ale http://www.stpetersbrewery.co.uk/range/prod_detail.asp?CatID=1&Code=GRCASE which I really like; it is light and fruity and really good in the summer when it’s warm. I don’t suppose anyone has a recipe for a grapefruit ale as I would really like to try to emulate it.
Take Care
Marcale

I keep tasting grapefruit in Ales I get from various pubs and not special grapefruit ales. I think quite a few breweries are sneaking small amounts of the vile fruit in there beers masking all that lovely malty hoppiness. :mad:

I find that certain varieties of hops are very citrusy and grape-fruit smelling, so perhaps the that taste is actually coming from the hops and not from the actual fruit.

-walker

Each time I bought a bottle of St Peters' stout, it tasted off. Not sure if the color of the bottle is permitting nasty rays into the beer or what. I wouldn't say the product is bad, just the way it's stored. One day I'll get a good bottle of this stuff... :mad:

Back