St. Bernardus Witbier Yeast?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luckybeagle

Making sales and brewing ales.
Reaction score
I had my first St. Bernardus Wit the other day and really enjoyed it... but it doesn't seem like their yeast equivalent (WY3787) would be a good match for brewing this beer. Does anyone know what the closest yeast match is to the one they use for their Wit? The interwebs did not produce any good leads for me.

I'd culture one up from bottle dregs, but A) that's too much work, and B) I've heard St Bernardus bottles many/all of their beers with a different yeast.

Any ideas?

I've never had St. Bernardus Wit, but Wyeast Forbidden Fruit is a great yeast that is worth checking out for anyone who likes wits or just lighter belgian beers.

I would just use a belgian abbey yeast, Bernardus the firm that used to brew the trapist westvleteren before the monks brewed it themself, so i would presume the still use that yeast or a derivative from it.

You proably can't culture it from a bottle, as the allegedly use bottelingyeast.

Back