St. Louis Breweries

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

indymedic

Reaction score
Any recommendations for brewery restaurants in Saint Louis, MO? It will need to be family friendly as I am with kids. Thanks in advance!

I was in St. Louis this summer for a quick trip. I stopped in at Six Mile Bridge and had a great time! It's a husband and wife who own and run the place. It appears to be family friendly. They do not serve food, but I believe you could bring some in or order something for delivery there. Double check.

For dinner I stopped at O'fallon Brewery, well O'Bar at O'fallon Brewery it is called. They are definitely family friendly for I saw many families there eating. They had a good selection of beers and the food was decent.

http://sixmilebridgebeer.com/home/

Four hands was legit. Not as much of a restaurant, but the BBQ nachos were good and plenty of seating.

Perennial artisan ales was good too, but their hours were weird when we went there.

I can recommend a place not to go - Schlafly. Went there about a month ago. The food was mediocre and the beer was garbage. It all tasted like amateur home brew. Definitely not what they sell in stores.

I've heard good things about 4 Hands, Urban Chestnut and Civil Life but never been.

I can recommend a place not to go - Schlafly. Went there about a month ago. The food was mediocre and the beer was garbage. It all tasted like amateur home brew. Definitely not what they sell in stores.

I've heard good things about 4 Hands, Urban Chestnut and Civil Life but never been.
Did you go to the Taproom or Bottleworks location? I have been to Bottleworks a number of times and the food was good. Has been years since I was at the Taproom so I cannot comment on that.

Also, if you get outside the city, Trailhead in St. Charles is family friendly and has good food.

I go to St Louis all the time. I'm about an hour and a half outside of it. The thing about it is that the popular microbreweries are just ok. Schlafly is good, Urban Chestnut, etc. I've found that the little brewpubs making their own beer is really where it's at. Check out Square One in Lafayette Square. Good beer, good food, period. Family friendly to boot.

Can't really second this. Schlafly makes good beer. Maybe it was an off day.

Can't really second this. Schlafly makes good beer. Maybe it was an off day.

I’ve never had an issue with their bottle stuff but I tried 6 different beers at the taproom and all were pretty marginal. So more than just an issue of the day. The out of town guests I brought were more unimpressed than me.

Only thing halfway decent was a dry hopped cider.

Another place to go if the weather is nice is the Anheuser-Busch Biergarten. May not be the craftiest place, but the food is really good and the beer selection includes just about everything they make from Busch Light to Stella to Goose Island and others.

Any recommendations for brewery restaurants in Saint Louis, MO? It will need to be family friendly as I am with kids. Thanks in advance!

Three Kings Public House. Not a brewery but they typically will have quite a few local breweries’ beers available and the food has been excellent the times I have been there.

I’ve never had an issue with their bottle stuff but I tried 6 different beers at the taproom and all were pretty marginal. So more than just an issue of the day. The out of town guests I brought were more unimpressed than me.

Only thing halfway decent was a dry hopped cider.

That's a shame. I haven't been to the taproom for awhile, but it used to be good. I guess maybe the quality has gone downhill. On another note, the bottled beers are as good as ever.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions guys. Schlaflys is pretty close to our hotel so we got lunch there. I have had there beer in bottles and enjoyed them but I was not as impressed with the taproom. I had a kolsch which I did enjoy. My wife got a flight and of the 5 I there were 2 that I would have ordered a pint of. I ordered the pub burger and was very disappointed. My wife ordered gumbo and mac and cheese for the kids and those were both great.

All in all great atmosphere and service but I expected more out of a brewery that has been around for 20+ years.

We went to Heavy Riff Brewing co today for a light lunch and pint. It is about 3 minutes from the zoo. I had the red IPA and my wife had the left coast envy IPA. Both were great. The food was also great. Both the pork and the brocket sliders were great. They had a smoked BLT on special that was beyond good. They have 16 taps, I would have liked to sit and try a few more but we had to get moving. I would recommend trying it out if your in St Louis.

Latest posts

Back