• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Spike Flex+ stainless fermenter and sample valve (CT/NYC area)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krustissimo

Reaction score
Selling my Spike Flex+ since I recently got a new jacketed conical. Bought in early 2023 and used for probably 3 or 4 batches. All the parts are pretty much as-new but unfortunately I finally threw the box out literally just a month ago :( Also I never used the stick-on thermometer which I suspect was hiding in the box. But to make up for that I'm including an unused 1.5" triclamp BrewBuilt sample valve from my new fermenter which will be much more useful!

New price from Spike is $415+tax and the sample valve runs around $20-30. I can vouch for it holding pressure to around its rated 15psi but if you plan to pressure ferment you'll need a PRV/spunding valve of some kind.

Selling for $300 cash, no haggling please! Located in Westport, CT and if you're coming from not too far away I'd be happy to work out a meet-up part way.

[Please note: the spunding valve shown in the picture is NOT included in the sale! Nor is the additional butterfly valve I have on top for dry hopping. Only the Flex+ with all its original parts (minus box and stick-on thermometer), plus an unused sample valve similar to the one shown. The Flex+ part list is in the user manual on the Spike website here: https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0152/1071/files/FLEX_UserGuide_R2_050322_SPIKE_1.pdf)

PXL_20231220_210741835.MEDIUM.jpeg

Last edited:
The full list is in the user manual (here) but off the top of my head:
1. Main body
2. 3-port top, seal, band clamp
3. One triclamp butterfly valve
4. Racking arm
5. 4" stainless triclamp cap, clamp and gasket (for top large port)
6. Three or four 1.5" stainless triclamp caps, clamp and gaskets (for the other ports; I'll have to check exactly how many it includes)
7. 90-degree triclamp blowoff cap, clamp and gasket
Plus one MoreBeer sample valve that I'm adding to the kit since I already had enough of those for my other fermenters

If you use the blowoff cap, the only extra thing needed for normal fermentation would be a 1/2" (iirc) tube leading to a glass of star san. For pressure fermentation you'll want a 1.5" tri-clamp spunding valve, though a pressure gauge and gas inlet port is also handy.

Back