Specialty Grain Store

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Suggestions for purchasing grains / hops online? Anyone have any recommendations for a good site?

I buy much of my grains and hops from Ritebrew which is in Wisconsin. Good inventory control so most things are in stock at all times and same day shipping if ordered before mid afternoon. I feel that their shipping is reasonable and I can see the shipping charge before I enter all my info so I can decide whether to buy or not. Discount for larger grain purchases too.

I buy much of my grains and hops from Ritebrew which is in Wisconsin. Good inventory control so most things are in stock at all times and same day shipping if ordered before mid afternoon. I feel that their shipping is reasonable and I can see the shipping charge before I enter all my info so I can decide whether to buy or not. Discount for larger grain purchases too.

I use Ritebrew as well. For small orders, he charges actual shipping so I can buy a package of yeast and have $1 shipping or something like that. For larger orders, the shipping is quite reasonable.

I like Ritebrew's site but the shipping kills me. I've also had not great customer service from them. If you're anywhere near New England I'd recommend Jasper's Supply. The website could use an update, but the prices are pretty much the same as you find everywhere. I get their shipments super fast, and it's nice to help out a smaller shop. They're super responsive to questions too.

Another one for Ritebrew. I am lucky enough to be in their 1 day shipping area for the spee-dee shipping service. so my last order of 25 lbs of grain, hops, some extra's like gypsum, yeast nutrient, 5 $1.00 airlocks, and 2 packs of liquid yeast (with ice packs in a foil insulated pouch) was $8.20 for next day shipping.

I like that. and they will mix your milled grains or keep them seperate (I prefer seperate)

going through Ritebrew, with shipping, I save about 24% from my LHBS, who will now price match for me, so giving them my business.

Latest posts

Back