Newb brewer , Toronto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrew

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I have been mostly using kits so far , but trying to learn how to use grains now.
Any Canadian , Ontario members around , that can recommend where to buy grains and hops for a good price?
All i found so far are a couple of online stores and their grain prices cost as much as buying a ready-made kit ?

Cheers

Welcome to HBT, from Minnesota!

Maybe some Canadian members know of other online brewing suppliers to order from.

I will say that the costs of ingredients have gone up quite a bit in recent years. Still, you shouldn't have to dole out the same price as kits. Base malt can be bought in quantity--by the sack if you're willing to pick up locally and save the shipping. Buy hops by the pound, make yeast starters to save some for the next batch, etc.

If you know people at a nearby craft brewery, ask if you can order some ingredients through them. Also look into brew clubs. Many do group buys.

Welcome to the gang!

Not sure what can be found on your side of the border, as Max mentioned buying in bulk can drive down the cost. Also see if you can almost bulk pricing; the local shop I buy from has money off for grain purchases over ten pounds and dry yeast packets over ten purchased. Worth asking if they don't advertise it as such.

Thank you !!! :)
Yeah , buying bulk does seems to be better
I haven't thought about contacting microbreweries in my area , ill give that a try as well .

Welcome to the fun! You could try these;
https://torontobrewing.ca/https://www.ontariobeerkegs.com/Or, I could tag your fellow HogTowner; @Dave77 and maybe he can chime in.
:mug:
Welcome to the forum! And yes, hopefully I can help you out as a fellow Ontario brewer.

https://torontobrewing.ca/ - is definitely really good and very well supplied. If you're close, their retail store is worth a visit.

Craft Brewing - I've also ordered a lot from these guys. Their all-grain recipe kits are always good. If you're close to Guelph, they also have a nice retail store.

Hope that helps a bit...

Thank you @Dave77 yeah craft brewing looks great also Toronto brewing, i am in Burlington so they are both about an hour from me. But looks like it might be a good idea to make the drive.

Thank you @Dave77 yeah craft brewing looks great also Toronto brewing, i am in Burlington so they are both about an hour from me. But looks like it might be a good idea to make the drive.

Both places are great, but I tend to go to the Guelph store - I actually live in Georgetown (I wrote Toronto in my profile because nobody outside of Ontario would know where that is!), but I hate driving into Toronto so I usually go to KJ Brewing Supplies in Guelph. Great staff, and if you order online for pickup, it's usually ready to pick up within an hour. But, as I said, I have been to both places and I really like them both.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back