Sparklets Water Profile vs H20 additions.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigdawg86

Reaction score
I recently switched from charcoal filtered tap water (extremely hard water in my area) to Sparklets since we started using them for household use. I started brewing with their water but never knew the official "profile" of their water. I am not sure of making the jump to RO just yet. I did some searching and came across this from a guy back in 2010 who sent his for analysis... I wouldn't think water profiles will change much from someone like sparklets so I would imagine this is close. I am brewing a NEIPA soon and it states the following...

If using RO or distilled water, add 3 g of Gypsum & 8 g of Calcium Chloride Pellets to your mash & 2.5 g of Gypsum & 5.5 g of Calcium Chloride to your sparge water.

Their profile looks like this:
pH 7.4
TDS 47
Sodium 8
Potassium < 1
Calcium < 1
Magnesium < 1
Total Hardness CaCO3 < 1
Nitrate 0.1
Sulfate 2
Chloride < 1
Carbonate < 1
Bicarbonate 12
Total Alkalinity 10
Fluoride 0.09
Total Iron < 0.01
"<" -not detected/below detection

Since the readings are <1 for Calcium Chloride would making the requested additions work? Also It doesn't mention Gypsum...
Should I make additions off this or brew with straight sparklets water?

The analysis looks like that of RO water to which they may have dosed a bit of sodium bicarbonate so the product doesn't taste completely flat (don't know if that's enough tho) so treat it as if it is RO.

Latest posts

Back