So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm just about to mill a batch of grain for an Oktoberfest.
I should have it mashing here shortly! :)

Oktoberfest-1.jpg

Was supposed to brew Friday, I was sick/hungover. Supposed to brew Saturday, had to fix the car instead. Supposed to brew today, cat had to go to the vet. Planning to brew an American Wheat/Blue Moon clone tomorrow, but I'm sure something will get in the way.

Sometimes life is much easier when you just go to work.
I was gonna bottle my black ipa Saturday but I was hungover. Wanted to do it Sunday but once again, hungover. Had all intentions of bottling today but damn if I wasn't hung over again! Your right about work, ill be working tomorrow and then ill bottle when I get home! But I did just crack a few......

has anyone ever had a rye 51 by monument city brewing out of Baltimore? Its my absolute favorite beer right now and id like to try to clone it but all I know about it is its brewed with 51% rye. Ive tried emailing monument city for a little more insight on ingredients but go figure, no response. Just wondering if anyone else might know anything about this beer

Okay so I tried to brew an octoberfestish beer on Sunday, but turned out way too dark. Only used 4 oz of midnight wheat for color, but went way darker that I thought. It is currently fermenting away with a dose of home dried Lutra at room temp of about 70-75. Should be good, just not really Marzenesque. Also did a MO smash with hop shot for bittering and manderine Bavaria for flavor at FO. That one got some home dried Opshaug and is in the garage at 90 or so during the day. :mug:

Sorry to hear...what went wrong?
Nothing i can admit to. I used a kolsch yeast and some east kent goldings and the beer smelled like a port a potty. It tasted soooo sweet but no caramel malt was used and it finished fairly dry. Not good enough

Irish Red, trying my hand at a Killians. Something to sip on watching football without getting smashed. Compliment my Czech Premium. I'll keg both in 14 days, Czech has been extended lagering at 35° for 6 weeks. Irish brewed Friday 10th and into the fermenter at 4:30pm, by 8:30 pm it was off and running at 66°.
20210910_141435.jpg
20210910_205034.jpg

Brewed up an ipa today that I am fermenting with kveik to do a quick turnaround. Going up to a cottage with some friends on Friday and thought this would be a nice last minute addition to the other beers I am bringing. Already massive airlock activity and a 2” krausen a couple hours after pitching. Going to ferment it hot till Tuesday, then drop temp and dry hop till Thursday, then transfer and quick carb, ready to take up with me Friday morning.
DA07F545-7828-4FA1-9B04-E04F56A9259C.jpeg

Brewed up an ipa today that I am fermenting with kveik to do a quick turnaround. Going up to a cottage with some friends on Friday and thought this would be a nice last minute addition to the other beers I am bringing. Already massive airlock activity and a 2” krausen a couple hours after pitching. Going to ferment it hot till Tuesday, then drop temp and dry hop till Thursday, then transfer and quick carb, ready to take up with me Friday morning.
View attachment 742117
Also using Kveik..Voss

Mine is similar, cascade and citra, also using kveik
Nice, that sounds tasty. I just did an all Citra brew that I liked a lot. I'm hoping for some piney/resiny flavors and aromas with this one. I'll be dry hopping 0.5 an ounce of each tomorrow morning

Cascade APA is in the fermenter. Missed my OG by 8 points, but my mash times and temps were right on. I keep getting my crushed gain from different sources so it's been hard to tell if it's my process or the crush. I guess it's time to get a grain mill.

Cascade APA is in the fermenter. Missed my OG by 8 points, but my mash times and temps were right on. I keep getting my crushed gain from different sources so it's been hard to tell if it's my process or the crush. I guess it's time to get a grain mill.
I got a hull wrecker and I love it! I brew in a bag and I always shoot a half pound or so over just to make me feel better. I dont think I have to but it makes me feel better I suppose

What temp are you gonna ferment at my man?just wondering cause me and my dad did a 50/50 rye wheat and fermented in the shed at about 95 degrees. It took off for the races in about 2 hours. Blow off tube was a necessity
I pitched at 80F and now it's around 85 during peak fermentation. I did another Lutra beer that was more like 90/95F and it's amazingly clean tasting. I've got lots of head space, I brew 2 gallons in a 3 gallon fermonster :)

I pitched at 80F and now it's around 85 during peak fermentation. I did another Lutra beer that was more like 90/95F and it's amazingly clean tasting. I've got lots of head space, I brew 2 gallons in a 3 gallon fermonster :)
This rye brew with my old man was the first ive ever used kviek and I didnt know about that high end range and it blew my mind! He wanted it done in a week cause he was going to Alaska. It got done with all his fresh grown hops but I think there was many steps along the way we messed up. Or I mean I messed up. Hindsight is always 20/20

Getting geared up for an Oktoberfest party next month. This will be my 3rd straight Friday brew. So far I've done 10 gal batches of 1) Kölsch, 2) Pils, 3) Festbier, 4) Munich Dunkel and this week is....................Dortmunder Export.

Its been a good rotation as I am usually kegging a batch on brew day to keep fermentors filled. Although I am running out of kegs. Cheers everyone!

well hoping for a sunday brew day! this is where it stands now.....(you know the price of malt is $1.99/lb now? f)

1631906609039.png

edit: i was prepared for InBevs move shortly after they bought miller, and offically were everything.....

Back