So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got 2 empty kegs and all my fermentors are empty so I really need to brew this weekend. It really just depends on how long it takes the kitchen to recover from Thanksgiving....

Tomorrow I'm brewing a raw ale, my first one, I have a Brett B vial that maybe goes in there once is fully fermented

4 kegs full, two beers fermenting and one about to be racked to primary. I guess a positive out of this friggin Covid!
246C49B6-F093-4D46-BEEC-C2020CCC6457.jpeg

4 kegs full, two beers fermenting and one about to be racked to primary. I guess a positive out of this friggin Covid!View attachment 707823
I have 6 fermenters actually full (a couple for long term ageing) and filling my last one tomorrow, so yeah, it seems to be the only good thing about Covid hahahaha I think I been brewing more experimental stuff since the first lockdown, maybe it's just me but I think more people did the same, a lot of people even got into homebrewing for the first time

Brewed up a Mosaic SMASH on Friday, on a whim; was going to wait til Saturday, but had the day off, and time, so...now I'm here on a Sunday wishing I had waited, long day of not much to do in front of me and no room in the ferment fridge. Sigh. Guess this WF Lager and Sabro/Citra IPA ain't gonna drink themselves....

Brewed a mildly hoppy pilsner today...been giving a lot of beer to friends, one is a Miller Lite drinker. So I added rice flakes, mashed low, and tried to keep the IBU's in check. WLP 830 and classic lager fermentation. Will still dry hop with 2oz of Citra....we'll see how it goes. "Joe's Beer" :)

I'm planning to brew what I'm calling a Winter Warmer. Kind of a hybrid between a Roggenbier and a Biere de Garde; just over 7% ABV and about 30 IBU. Will probably brew it tomorrow afternoon.

Approx. 53% pale rye malt, so I'm going to do a protein rest to avoid trying to drain a bag of sticky oatmeal. (I've never done step mashing)

Thinking of doing up an IPA this weekend with some falconers flight and a bit of sabro.

I'm brewing two recipes tomorrow. A maibock for spring and a kolsch.( I've got two empty kegs and that just won't do. ) My pipe line goal is to never have a keg empty. They can be conditioning while waiting for their turn.

Just got my gear together and drew the water for tomorrow's brew day. Brewing Black Dog Lager from AIH.
As an added twist a friend is brewing it too so we are going to have a brew day via Zoom

I just started that >50% rye winter warmer I was supposed to brew a week or two ago. Got all the malt ground (just over 9# for 4 gallons) and lugged my boiler upstairs. Now taking a 5 minute brew break before measuring out hot water, etc. (strike water temp for this is about the same as my hot tap water because I'm doing a protein rest. Never done that before)

This beer will be a lot of firsts for me. Very high percent specialty grains, step mash, first time using my new Tilt hydrometer. :ban:

I just started that >50% rye winter warmer I was supposed to brew a week or two ago. Got all the malt ground (just over 9# for 4 gallons) and lugged my boiler upstairs. Now taking a 5 minute brew break before measuring out hot water, etc. (strike water temp for this is about the same as my hot tap water because I'm doing a protein rest. Never done that before)

This beer will be a lot of firsts for me. Very high percent specialty grains, step mash, first time using my new Tilt hydrometer. :ban:

Nice, trying new stuff is my favorite thing about this hobby. Hope it goes well!

As for me, I just pitched 2 packets of 34/70 in to a Dortmunder Export, my first lager!

Dan

Nice, trying new stuff is my favorite thing about this hobby. Hope it goes well!

As for me, I just pitched 2 packets of 34/70 in to a Dortmunder Export, my first lager!

Dan
Good luck with the lager! I just finished draining (I didn't sparge) my wort. Gravity came in a little high; that's good because I didn't collect quite as much as I expected. It wasn't quite like straining oatmeal, but the bag didn't drain much without squeezing. I will leave the lid partially on during the boil to reduce evaporation and it should be fine. Might not even have to top up with a little water.

I better dig the hops out of the freezer and start weighing them out...

It's been 3 months since I brewed because life! So now it's mid summer and my pipeline is empty.

Put together a pale ale this afternoon with Pacific Jade for bittering and Mosaic at the end. Will give it a healthy dose of Nelson Sauvin and a bit more Mosaic for a dry hop. I also used 200g Quinoa flakes in the mash (from a Scott Janish recipe).

Back