So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Started a all grain stout on Friday. This is the start of a Maple, bacon and coffee stout. 18 lbs of grain in my Anvil 10.5. OG lower than wanted at 1.070, but today with fermentation, gravity down to 1.024. Racked my Belgian Dubbel to a keg to finish aging. Started a Bourbun barrel stout a week ago. Have a 5 gallon Bourbon barrel coming from Northern brewing to second ferment in. Oktoberfest started in July has 6 more weeks to go. Black ipa has 4 more weeks until putting CO2 on it. Starting a apple cider this week to put on tap 3 of kegerator which never gets used. Ok, done. Cheers.

Just racked a clone of Odell 90 shilling to the fermenter. I made this recipe a little over a year ago to serve at my brother’s wedding since it’s his favorite beer. Hope this batch is as good as the last.
26A7D9B5-B4EA-4F28-A28E-5221EF6593EA.jpeg

Forgot to post: brewed my gruit inspired imperial oatmeal stout last Wednesday, since I had the week off. A lot of stuff goes into it, but it works.
20200826_093140.jpg
20200826_114706.jpg

Will be firing up the ol' Mash & Boil in a bit. On deck we have the Lutra Kveik Helles Pseudo-Lager recipe from Omega Yeast. 10 pounds of Pilsner mashed @150 for 75 minutes. At the start of a 90 minute boil 1 ounce of Perle hops. That's it. Easy peasy. Really looking forward to finding out how fast this Kveik strain can rip through 5 gallons of wort.

I'm going to brew this evening. Starting to heat some water. Haven't decided what yet. I've traditionally been an IPA guy, but have been on a lager kick lately. Will probably rack the Dead Guy Ale clone I brewed last week using the Saflager 34/70 yeast cake from the week before. Might try the Sam Adams Boston lager clone, and pitch onto that.

Brew day done. Everything cleaned and put away. Kveik Lutra pitched a little over an hour ago and I think I hear the blowoff gurgling...... no wait, it was my stomach. I haven’t eaten anything yet today. Off to find some calories, I’m sure Lutra won’t be far behind.

I should be doing my american porter this weekend. Could brew this in my sleep, but still have to set up the water profile for it at my "new" place.

Dropped the hammer on some Lupomax Citra from YVH, so today brewing up a basic IPA using that and some Amarillo. Only good yeast I have is some BE-256, fermented a bit cooler shouldn't (fingers crossed) turn this into a banana bomb. Mash smells great.

I have 2 Catalyst Conicals that are looking all sad and loney due to emptiness, I will have to brew a double extract batch to make them happy again.

Just brewed a quad and then a dubbel from the spent grain, both hopped with national hops (and I think the most local hop farm to me although is quite far away), I think I will keep these hops coming for any "old" style I make

Here is a pic from the dubbel wort still with some protein in suspension

IMG_20200915_173235.jpg

Brewing my first mixed fermentation using a saison malt and hop bills, and co-pitching SafAle BE-256 Belgian Abbaye Dry Yeast and Omega Yeast 218 All The Bretts.

Spiced Holiday Ale this weekend, and Christmas Stout w/ lactose next weekend. Trying to make sure I've got a solid holiday beer supply... 🤷‍♂️

Back