So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewed yesterday which counts as the weekend!

Problem is, at 95 degrees air temp and water pipes that are not deep underground in Texas, my plate chiller only got my wort to hose water temperature of 84F!

Changed my mind (hey I'm a woman, it's my right), instead of the planned double IPA will do a warm-fermented version of the lager I kegged this morning. Been reading a lot of brulosophy lately, particularly the articles on lagers, and want to try my own exbeeriment. The only difference between this one and the previous one, is this one will get irish moss in the kettle instead of whirlfloc as we are slap out of it at the moment. Not too concerned about that since I've started using gelatin to fine the beers. Grain already milled and brewery set up for an early start in the morning.

Brewed another batch today. A Pilsner that I’m quite fond of.

CF96148C-2511-4F89-985A-CDCE7C27B2EA.jpeg

44F5BD41-569A-4508-83A3-6B5D465CFE6D.jpeg

I brewed a few batches beginning of June then got a bit lazy and didn't brew for a month, and my pipeline totally went dry. I've been brewing like mad the past few weeks to catch up. Bohemian pils, 2 hazy IPAs with kveik yeast, and I'm going to knock out an APA with kveik yeast later this week before I go on vacation for a week.

My LHBS had a Brewers Best Autumn IPA on clearance for $15. Little older ingredients but should still turn out tasty for the price. I'm brewing it currently.

Didn’t brew today, but I pitched some left over belle saison yeast into a small carboy with apple juice. Gonna forget about it for a while.

Had a whole day to brew on Saturday so I decided to try out a couple new recipes, I brewed a 5 gallon batch of Down Under IPA with Nelson, Galaxy, Ella & Vic Secret. Then brewed another 5 gallon batch, a blonde ale with Cascade, Motueka & Citra.

Yesterday I brewed a session-strength American rye ale with Sterling hops. The slight spiciness is very pleasant; I've never brewed with rye before so this is pretty neat. Pitched my usual 2565 kolsch yeast. I'm really excited to see how this turns out!

Hoping to get a brew in this weekend sabro based DIPA; it'll be my first time using sabro. Since the last IPA kicked so quick, I gotta get something else on.

Curious about this recipe. It sounds good.
It's from a local brew supply store. So far it's doing everything it is supposed to be doing. Fermentation started early the following morning... that was Sunday.

I didn't use the coriander.... haven't like the beers I've tried that had it so I left it out.
Screenshot_20190730-200426.jpg
Screenshot_20190730-200449.jpg

It's from a local brew supply store. So far it's doing everything it is supposed to be doing. Fermentation started early the following morning... that was Sunday.

I didn't use the coriander.... haven't like the beers I've tried that had it so I left it out.View attachment 638085View attachment 638086
Thanks. "Deep golden approaching psychedelic amber!"

Fantasy football draft is coming up next month; the lager I brought last year was a smash hit, so of course I'm expected to bring a keg again this year. Planning on doing an Orange Wit this weekend that should be ready in time, just need to review some recipes and hit up the LHBS for the wheat and orange peels.

Fantasy football draft is coming up next month; the lager I brought last year was a smash hit, so of course I'm expected to bring a keg again this year. Planning on doing an Orange Wit this weekend that should be ready in time, just need to review some recipes and hit up the LHBS for the wheat and orange peels.

I’m taking some of my autumn ipa to my draft next month! (August 25th). Hopefully our homebrew drafts us good teams!

I haven’t brewed in months due to work and family schedules but I hope to brew again soon. I have a bunch whole cone Chinook, Cascade and Centennial homegrown hops. Along with some Columbus whole cones given to me. I want to use up some of these hops to make some room in my chest freezer.
Does anyone have any good IPA, Pale Ale or Session IPA recipes they have brewed using these hops? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I found the Bear Racer #5 clone in a BYO IPA Clone magazine I may try since it uses these hops, but I figured I would put this out here if anyone brewed a style with these hops with good success.

Last edited:
I haven’t brewed in months due to work and family schedules but I hope to brew again soon. I have a bunch whole cone Chinook, Cascade and Centennial homegrown hops. Along with some Columbus whole cones given to me. I want to use up some of these hops to make some room in my chest freezer.
Does anyone have any good IPA, Pale Ale or Session IPA recipes they have brewed using these hops? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I found the Bear Racer #5 clone in a BYO IPA Clone magazine I may try since it uses these hops, but I figured I would put this out here if anyone brewed a style with these hops with good success.

Racer #5 sounds good. I've brewed the @Dude recipe for SN Celebration Ale and it was very good.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum/threads/recipe-for-tomorrow-and-a-question.4788/

Gonna brew a rye IPA with Opshaug kveik this evening. I'm transitioning back to 3 gallon brews because I can't get through 5 gallon batches fast enough to satisfy my desire to brew. :D

Didn’t brew this weekend:( had to work. Saturday will be a 5 gallon batch of a new Marzen recipe for the fall.
just an FYI bit- Marzen means March in German which traditionally is the month Oktoberfest beers are brewed then lagered until consumption in mid September(Oktoberfest).
When I went to my old LHBS in March to look for a grain kit , they didnt have any. Confused , I asked why not. Most people who brew them make what is actually a (M)Oktoberfest so as to avoid the wait time. In about 20 minutes ,however, they had a kit made up for me to my own crafted recipe specs.
Carry on. and drink up !!

Today's Brew is-
I'm brewing my wifes favorite again. Bavarian Hefeweizen (2nd time )via NB and AG(W/Tettnager, WB-06), step mash ,5 gallons.
The first one I made of this was my first step mashing experience instead of single decoction. She absolutely loved and is now down to 1 bottle.

Brewing a Golden Promise and Galaxy SMaSH tomorrow using Hornindal Kveik. Going to ferment hot and see if I can get it to finish up and keg it before I go on vacation next weekend.

Funds are kinda tight this week, so instead of brewing up the Wit I had planned, today I'll be doing something I haven't done in two years; a 10 gallon batch with what we have on hand. My system can handle it, I'm just lazy. Already had one issue, grain mill decided not to play nice and had to be taken apart and cleaned out (roller was stuck), hopefully that's the only one I'll have today. And it's going to be 90° later so here I am at 5:30am waiting on the strike to heat up. Doing a 10 because two kegs kicked this week, and the only other full one I had tastes like cr*p. This one will be two IPA's, both bittered with Cascade, with late additions of Mosaic & Galaxy; dry-hop for each TBD depending on what I've got left. Should be interesting.

Funds are kinda tight this week, so instead of brewing up the Wit I had planned, today I'll be doing something I haven't done in two years; a 10 gallon batch with what we have on hand.

I sometimes do this just to clear out random amounts of different grains that I rarely use. Good way to force yourself to be creative!

Latest posts

Back