So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brewing 10 gallons of Oktoberfest, splitting into 5 gallons doing the normal lagering and the other doing a lager strain then adding brett in at secondary.

Just finished brewing 2 batches of saison and brewing a pumpkin beer with a buddy tomorrow morning.

I'm boiling a Belgian golden ale to top off my solera carboys. One has a blend of 1 and 2 yr old sours so this will be third year and the other carboy has 1 yr old so I will top off the carboys from beer i recently pulled out and put on top of fresh homegrown peaches

I'm going to rack a Flanders red on sour cherries tomorrow and brew another red to put on top of yeast cake

kegging my red (hopefully) hoppy (amarillo) wheat and brewing a simple 12 lbs 2 row 1 lbs flaked wheat with simcoe/amarillo (warrior bittering) batch.

Getting together the ingredients for my Irish red tomorrow. Starting my yeast and then sanitizing bottles as I will also bottle my steam beer. Busy busy!

Finally brewed today. Been since middle of May since my last session. Just been to hot out. Made an all grain batch of NB Kama Citra.

Just finished

Amarillo Nelson Comet Pale ale -
OG 1.062
Should come in roughly 35 IBU

3 oz in boil, 3 oz in whirlpool

The comet dank is coming through at the moment - will have to see how things progress. So far, me likey

Comet Amarilo.JPG

Monday is my brew day, not the weekend. SO....I got a cranberry-cherry wine going today...64oz...will probably get another bottle and get it up to a full gallon.

I also started a homemade Frangelico...basically a hazelnut wine. I cooked sugar down until it started to brown, to get some extra flavor out of it, and used hazelnut extract. We'll see how that turns out. It is just 2 cups worth, as a test.

Quite a bit of brewing for me this weekend. Trial batches with a Non-sacc type yeasts(not bacteria) on both a cider and my maple "wine". Also brewing an Oktoberfest and a Brett cider that will be aged in french oak wine barrels.

Quite a bit of brewing for me this weekend. Trial batches with a Non-sacc type yeasts(not bacteria) on both a cider and my maple "wine". Also brewing an Oktoberfest and a Brett cider that will be aged in french oak wine barrels.

You don't have young kids living at home do you...

Finally brewed today. Been since middle of May since my last session. Just been to hot out. Made an all grain batch of NB Kama Citra.

That's a solid brew. I'm made it multiple times and actually plan to use the same hop schedule for a lager soon.

LoDO Oktoberfest/Marzen.

Should be in prime condition for a neighborhood halloween party this year.

Planning on a dubbel. Just realized Monday is Labor Day. I'm converting the last of my extract recipes to all-grain.

Going to try for a two-fer. My plan is to an ESB tomorrow afternoon. I'm using 002 which is a fast worker, so I'm thinking the really active fermentation should be done by Monday and I should be able to take it out of the temperature controlled chamber. That'll make room for Yooper's Hoppy American Amber.

Four batches on the schedule for this weekend. Just got my incubation chamber (chest freezer with two phase temp control and heating element) set up so am excited to test it out. Need to put together some beer for a late September Oktoberfest party so I am brewing two weizenbiers (one fermented at 64F the other at 70F), a dunkelweizen and a simple wheat/mosaic based IPA. Have not brewed since Memorial Day!

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Brewing a Christmas Ale this weekend! Hopefully, I can leave it alone long enough for it to last until the holidays... LOL

Doing a Farmhouse Sour now(strike waters heating) and hopefully,weather permitting a Baltic Porter with lots of Brown Malt tomorrow

Have a tart cherry cream ale waiting to be made, the garbage disposal has to be replaced, and my hard cider looks like it will need to be pasturized.

Currently brewing what I'm calling the Near Hearted Ale, a Two hearted clone but I'm using the last bit of Apollo I have for bittering. Counting down to the Wolverines kicking some butt!

Go Blue!

Back