So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled a Bells 2 Hearted clone this morning! Brewing 6 gals of a twist on a SMaSH recipe I did a few months ago. Sticking with Maris Otter and centennial but turning away from the smash by adding some Rye malt and Caravienne to give some body. Also, dry hopping with Amarillo to add some back end flavor!

Gonna make a light peach ale, with honey. I just finished milling my grains so I'll be ready to go first thing tomorrow :)

I'd much rather be brewing today but gotta work that OT. I'm just trying to remember time and a half means more money for brewing gear and supplies. :)

I'll be doing a Rodenbach clone today. I've been doing this beer for several years as I've moved forward though different styles. I really do like to keep this one around in a few kegs because it's so lovely.

Got 10 more minutes in my mash for the cream of 3 crops version I am doing. The twist is that I've flipped the corn and rice amounts to 1# and 2#, respectively. Also adding my last .25# of oats for head retention.

I also have 6 chopped jalapeño peppers to put in the fermenter a few days prior to bottling.

I've been extremely busy with an addition to my house lately, so I haven't taken the time to brew since November. I decided that was long enough and I'm taking a day off to brew this weekend. I'm currently sparging a Flanders red, and getting ready to mill the grain for an IPA. And in between those I'm going to mix up a batch of skeeter pee, and a batch of mead I've had the honey sitting around for. I figure I better make up for lost time.

5 gallons of ale with a mystery hops currently no-chilling. 5 gallons apricot/apple cider. 2x1 gallon JAOM, one with the orange zested, and peeled, 1 with no orange, using about 4 oz apricots.

Doing a summertime hefeweizen. Usually, I do 50/50 wheat and pilsner, but this time I'm going to try 70% wheat just for yuks. We'll see what happens.

You'll probably want to add some rice hulls if you're not already doing that.

Yup. As soon as I got home from the LHBS with my bucket of grain, I put my bag of rice hulls in the bucket just in case I forget between now and Saturday. That'll be a sticky mash for sure.

doing a belgian dubbel based on the Black Scapular Dubbel recipe by jamil z. using belgian ardennes yeast instead as i have an extra pack. also planning to add a bit of star anise and corriander at the end of the boil.

Cleaning around the man cave/brewery to get ready to finally brew the Mumme' this weekend. Guess I finally got the itch to brew again?...

Brewing up a hoppy pilsner on saturday, going to try Saflager-189 and the quicklager method so I can hopefully enjoy this before summer is over.

Then an oktoberfest on the 16th which I'll lager the rest of the summer and it should be ready by mid-october

Brewing an Oktoberfest ale hybrid to toss on top of a Kolsch yeast cake after kegging it this weekend.

First run with the equipment I got for my birthday: new pump, new brew kettle, and new burner. Perfect reason to brew my favorite beer style.

I am planning to brew an Oktoberfest this Sat. That should give me a cpl months lagering time for the 17 Sep start of the fest.

Batch of all grain Phat Tyre(NB kit) Tomorrow or Friday depending on energy level. Bottle Dead Ringer Ale Saturday, prep for 4th BBQ on Sunday... Next week I am collapsing and doing nothing for a few days!

10 gallons of extra special bitter getting brewed here on Saturday.

It's funny, I don't think I ever ordered a bitter before in a pub because bitter sounds disgusting. Then I find out it's just a British pale ale and it sounds pretty good.

I have two bitter recipes I enjoy so far! The Cooper's English Bitter with EKG hops added & a kit from Morebeer! on the lighter side of the color spectrum, but great flavor. Kit #138- https://www.morebeer.com/products/extra-special-bitter-ale-extract-beer-kit.html Yeast must be chosen as an add-on. I like S-04 rehydrated for this one.
Gonna get the ice & spring water to brew the mumme' tomorrow for Saturday. Then try to find my hybrid lager V4 recipe on here that got lost when old hard drive fubared. Besides finishing up some brewery/man cave cleaning & try to tweak the BC grain mill one more time? Dang thing won't hold the setting between rollers?

Making a 3G Apricot Blonde with a combo of real purée I made and some extract flavoring at keg time. Bit of an experimental batch.

Bottling up the cream ale I brewed a few weeks ago, for a wedding in three weeks. Then dry hopping the Racer 5 clone & IPA I brewed last weekend, then brewing up another batch of my Speedbump Special IPA. Got a batch of it in primary right now but just cracked the last bottle of the first batch last night, and I know I'm going to be jonesing soon!

good chance I will be showing a coworker how to do an extract brew and they will be tying up my ferm chamber and if so I will be doing a Saison, if they don't make it, I will be doing a lager and using my ferm chamber all for my self :mug:

Doing a belated birthday brew.

Told two brewing friends that I wanted to do a brew, but did not want to think and offered them this:

Create a 5-gal batch of an IPA or close to an IPA (Get creative and break the rules if you wish) and I will buy the supplies

Recipe is a 15lb grain bill of ESB malt and some others - no crystal but does have golden naked oats - and has the following hops:

Waimea
Columbus
Mosaic
El Dorado
Citra
Amarillo

Using an ESB yeast and doing the starter tonight.

Have to say the hops have me interested.

I cannot even begin to guess how this one will come out, but based on all the offerings from the creator's fermentations, it should be good.

Brewing my second AG batch of Sandman's Zombie Dust Clone recipe from Beersmith. This go around going to use 1056 American Ale yeast to see how it compared to the first one with British Ale.

Brewed up 11 gallons of blondes. Used my house blonde base recipe, and did a split batch of citra and HBC 342. I used up my 1728 to make a beast sized starter for my next Wee Heavy project.

I have an empty fermenter and cannot wait to fill it with my Green Warrior IPA recipe! Gonna try some honey late in the boil to dry it out a bit (has 1# of crystal malts). Then I will have 3 different brews at varying stages of fermentation.

Back