So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally done with three crazy months at work that limited me to two brew days. Planning to brew a dubbel and a rye sour Tuesday, then a stout Friday.

Yeast is pitched in a hoppy red rye ale i made this afternoon. Looking forward to this one!

Just pitched yeast for a modified version of BierMuncher's Loon Lake Smoked Porter. Smoked my own 2-row with whiskey oak and alder on a cold smoke. Hit over the expected 1.051 and came in at 1.058. This one should be pretty damn good!

Last weekend I brewed up a chocolate oatmeal stout

This coming weekend I'm kegging a smoked brown ale after 14 days in primary, brewing a hefeweizen for christmas gifts, and attempting a gluten free beer for christmas gifts. giving away about 8 gallons of beer this christmas. My family will be pleased.

Added a 3-M APA (Mandarina-Huell Melon-Mosaic) to the three other carboys in the fermentation chamber this morning! Breaking up the Brew-cation with a trip into work tomorrow, then back on Wednesday with a Best Bitter scheduled.

Not me - I just put together 2 batches of apple wine and 1 batch of stout this evening. While SWMBO crashed.

I'm brewing right now. I work this weekend. I'm making 10 gallons of an IPA.

I'm too am waiting on a hop shipment that should come either tomorrow or Monday. If it comes tomorrow, I am brewing a hop bomb of an IPA on Saturday. If not, I will pick up supplies for another witbier for the wife. The last witbier was great. If I brew it, I will use my same recipe, but I will be changing the process to fix the one problem I had; no head retention. Solution? Shorter protein rest at maybe a couple degree higher... This is definitely one for the books. I just want to have it scored at a competition to get that professional feedback.

Wanted to brew this weekend but a buddy of mine told me about a free hop give away ( whole cascade ) at the BMC brewery here on Saturday so that's where I'll be spending my free time away from the house and family this weekend. I plan on getting greedy and talking a few people with me to help fill bags.
The email the brewery sent out said to bring your bags and get some free hops!! ON IT!!!

Have a starter going as well, building a Jameson Imperial Stout on sunday a.m.
life is good ... till SHMBO gits pissy ... :beard:

I'm brewing for the second time ever this evening. It's the speckled heifer partial mash from northern brewer. I'm excited to brew again after almost 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I am brewing a tripel inspired imperial abomination of a beer. 6 gallons, 20 lbs of grain, 4 lbs candi syrup, 4 oz saaz, and 2 oz hallertauer mittelfrueh. it should be a good time.

i am making two hearted clone "Dead Ringer" + 3 ounces extra of hops...while drinking two hearted 6-pack. Best friday night i could ask for!

I have a 17% oatmeal stout mashing right now. First attempt at the only beer that ever gave me a stuck sparge in 14 years. I am hoping BaiB is the solution to one of my favorite styles.

I must say, indoor BaiB compared to my three -tier is so easy it seems like cheating.

Brewing a Vienna Lager right now. Going away for the holidays and hoping that it (and a Helles I did a couple weeks ago and which is sitting at 34) will be all lagered out and ready to be bottled when I get back in January.

Will be throwing together an American Nut Brown Ale tomorrow around 1PM. Will be taking pics and recording as I go...

Brewing up the "Holly" recipe from this site tomorrow. Grains all crushed, water ready in the RIMS, water should be hot by the time I get up, and then time to mash-in.

Brewing BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde tomorrow. Couple of firsts for me. First time all-grain and first time biab brewing. Shouldnt be too difficult. What can go wrong?

I brewed an IPA yesterday. I had a free pack of yeast to use and some 2014 Cascade and Centennial to use up. I decided to try a big hop stand. It's happily bubbling away now.

Double brew day, a Trappist and an ESB...

Cheers!

[edit] Mission Accomplished...

ab_05dec2015_01.jpg

Finally brewing my holiday brown porter. (out of town the past few weekends) It's about halfway along the mash right now. First time I've ever used brown malt before. It smells... roasty :)

Nothing this weekend, but bottling my Gruit and Honey Porter next weekend, and then harvesting the Gruit yeast to pitch into a Bière de Garde. Then a Kölsch the following weekend. And then Belgian Blonde and Witbier the weekend after that. Yep. Busy month.

Latest posts

Back