So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I brewed this for New Years for my Corona drinking friends that refuse to expand there drinking horizon. What do you think.
5.5gal
9lb 2row
1lb flaked corn
.5 lb c-60
.5lb carapils

Cascade .5oz 45 min
Cascade 1.75 oz 10

Mashed 150* 90minutes

Pacman yeast
OG 1.052
IBU 20.8

A bit boring but hopefully will satisfy those with a thin palate.......

Just finished my second brew of the weekend. I call it Victory for New Zealand. 50% 2 row and 50% Victory. With 4oz of Wiamea. It will likely be awful, although the wort tasted great pre hop.

Just finished my second brew of the weekend. I call it Victory for New Zealand. 50% 2 row and 50% Victory. With 4oz of Wiamea. It will likely be awful, although the wort tasted great pre hop.

Yeah, 50% Victory is a LOT. That will be an intensely malty beer. I don't think I've ever gone more than 10-15% with Victory/Biscuit malt, and it's usually more like 5-8%.

Yeah, 50% Victory is a LOT. That will be an intensely malty beer. I don't think I've ever gone more than 10-15% with Victory/Biscuit malt, and it's usually more like 5-8%.

yeah, I bought it by mistake. I had a brain fart in the shop and said victory when I was thinking Vienna. Not being a quitter, I decided to toss in 6 lbs of 2 row to help conversion and give it a shot.

I will be brewing up an ofest this saturday. Just want this friday to be over so i finelly can brew my first lager.

I really want to brew tomorrow, but I am not sure I will have the time. Unfortunately, if I don't tomorrow, I wont be able to any other time this weekend. I want to brew an erdinger dunkel clone extract kit I bought from AHS. We'll see what happens (optimistic).

Have a couple of weeks off for the holidays, so I'll probably do a batch of IPA on Monday while the kidlets are in school.

I'm brewing a scotch ale, only my 4th brew. This is my second AG though. I'm going to split a 2 gallon batch make 1 gallon with a little vanilla.

Hoping to finally make my first stout. I'll be using midnight wheat; it's something I've wanted to use for a long time now. Really quite excited.

I brewed this for New Years for my Corona drinking friends that refuse to expand there drinking horizon. What do you think.
5.5gal
9lb 2row
1lb flaked corn
.5 lb c-60
.5lb carapils

Cascade .5oz 45 min
Cascade 1.75 oz 10

Mashed 150* 90minutes

Pacman yeast
OG 1.052
IBU 20.8

A bit boring but hopefully will satisfy those with a thin palate.......

Bottle in some clear Corona bottles and set in direct sunlight for ~5-10 mins.

You're welcome.

Yeast started and READY to go for a holiday gingerbread, spice brown ale. Will be starting this as soon as I get back from the store with my new freezer, black appliance paint and lumber.

MlyHJLg.jpg

Bottling a bavarian hefeweizen and brewing a 5gallon batch of binary brewing spiced cider.

Tired of hop bags, so I think that I am going to make a hop spider also.

No Brewing, but going to bottle 5 gallons of Blueberry-Muscadine Wine. Did a straight muscadine last year (about 2 gallons) and put it in beer bottles. Tomorrow, I'm going to the LHBS and rent a floor model corker and buy some wine bottles/corks and make these look official.

Planned to brew a 1940 STYLE English porter, but my LHBS didn't have brown malt.

Wound up brewing a raspberry hefeweizen for my wife instead. Its boiling now.

Wrong thread..but if I don't get too tanked, doing a hard lemonade for xmas....mango or raspberry don't know yet.

Edit: completed! Hopefully 10-Fidy next weekend.

Made some type of Irish red I think. Ended up around 1.046. I picked the grains based on how I was feeling at the time. I think it was:

6# MO
.75 flaked oats
.5 victory
.5 crystal 60
.5 C-150 (more like .4 and then a handful of C-80)
.25 roasted barley

1oz fuggles@60
.25oz magnum@60
1oz fuggles @20

mashed 154F
pitched S-04 at 64F

I think it's too much barley as it looks pretty dark. I should have cut back, with all that 150. We'll see

Made some type of Irish red I think. Ended up around 1.046. I picked the grains based on how I was feeling at the time. I think it was:

6# MO
.75 flaked oats
.5 victory
.5 crystal 60
.5 C-150 (more like .4 and then a handful of C-80)
.25 roasted barley

1oz fuggles@60
.25oz magnum@60
1oz fuggles @20

mashed 154F
pitched S-04 at 64F

I think it's too much barley as it looks pretty dark. I should have cut back with all that 150. We'll see

Not that I'm an Irish Red expert, but whats IBUs? Also, will 04 give too much English fruity flavors?

Not that I'm an Irish Red expert, but whats IBUs? Also, will 04 give too much English fruity flavors?

I'm certainly not an expert either. I have no idea what the IBU's are. I just figured the fuggles alone would make it too plain, so I threw in a little magnum to give it some bite.

The 04 may very well produce those flavors (maybe not so much at 64F) but I would think the overpowering raisiny flavor of the .5 lb of crystal 150 would mask it anyway:)

I'll let ya know how it comes out.

I'm certainly not an expert either. I have no idea what the IBU's are. I just figured the fuggles alone would make it too plain, so I threw in a little magnum to give it some bite.

The 04 may very well produce those flavors (maybe not so much at 64F) but I would think the overpowering raisiny flavor of the .5 lb of crystal 150 would mask it anyway:)

I'll let ya know how it comes out.

Yes, i'm curious!

Next 10-Fidy attempt Wednesday. Using San Diego Super Yeast in this one.

After a long hiatus from brewing, the Michigan Wolf Man returns to our little obsession. On deck tonight, I have an Adventures In Homebrewing Frozen Flame Steam Beer kit. Currently lacking a means of temperature controlled lagering, I opted for SafAle US-05, which has always been my "go to" dry yeast.

frozenflame_thumbnail.jpg

Back