So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a few ounces of Beam's Black soaking 1 1/2ozs of American white oak chips in the fridge to secondary with the stout in a couple weeks yesterday.

Shooting for two brews tomorrow - Mosaic IPA and an Old Rasputin RIS Clone. I haven't brewed in awhile and my bottled reserves are running low...

Mosaic/Cascade pale is in the swamp cooler. SonRise IPA II is in the bottling bucket. Bottling after dinner. Turns out I can clean the garage while I brew.

Mosaic/Cascade pale is in the swamp cooler. SonRise IPA II is in the bottling bucket. Bottling after dinner. Turns out I can clean the garage while I brew.

Sounds like something SWMBO would point out.

Bottled my Belgo Paleo Belgian Pale Ale tonight...think it's good. No corn sugar...used table sugar. Fingers crossed!

Brewed my second all-grainer yesterday. Chose BierMuncher's Centennial Blond, because I want to have a good session/lawnmower brew that my wife will also like as the weather heats up. I checked this morning and we've got active bubbling! Additionally, I'm ordering kegging equipment so this might be my first try on the keg!

Just brewed a big Red Ale, 6 gallons using Columbus hops. Getting ready to pitch the yeast when the temp is just right. A good brew day.:rockin:

Must be getting better at this brewing thing. Hit my mash temp, kept within 2 degrees for a 90 minute mash and produced exactly 5 gallons of beer after the boil. Hope it tastes good, too.

Last night I brewed an American lite lager and a Düsseldorf altbier. Huge efficiency on both but the wind was blowing and it took awhile to get to boil on the last beer which was partially cold sparged. Start to finish took like 5.5 hours. I was ready to sleep. The alt was a new record for mineral content in my brews. And the lite lager felt like a new low of tastelessness and balance. I still love homebrewing!

I did a first Lager with my neighbor who helped out and learning also.
My mash temp flucuated from 149down to 144 up to 153.
I really dont know what the taste will come from this.(Investing in a Mash Tun)!...
Boil went great except almost boil over(first time).We missed the gravity shy of 3 points.
We had fun,drank some and hopefully made it.

That is my favorite hop combo for a Rye IPA. Have one in the fermenter right now that is getting bottled next week. YUM

Cool, glad to here I may have a winner:mug: I think this is my first Rye IPA, so I just used Pale 2 row and the Rye about 20%. Actually think I may have got the keep it simple idea from you some years ago:rockin:

Brewed a big ol shot at a partial brew Barleywine yesterday. Wanted 1.100 and hit 1.112, so missed on the highside, weird. Two packets of windsor and lots of shaking and fastest ferment yet, full karausen in ~8hrs?

Doing a two-fer because holiday weekend.

I was going to do one Saturday and one Sunday. Then I commented to SWMBO that I love the new plate chiller because it shaves so much time off of brewday. She said "pretty soon you'll be doing two in one day." Then it hit me: Do both batches back to back. That way I have only one cleanup! So I'll do a Simcoe/Amarillo IPA and Orfy's Mild back-to-back.

I am brewing my "Helluva IPA" on Friday night. Nothing special, some extract with a little Carapils, a little black malt to get a little red colour, and Columbus & Zythos hops. US-05 yeast and I'm good.

Right before that, bottling my barleywine. It will be tough to put that up for 7 months before even drinking one, but I am gonna do it! I CAN DO IT!!!

:D

I'll be brewing my first batch of the year on Saturday, my "Green Mountain IPA". It's a simple all-grain recipe I made up. I originally used yeast from Bells Two Hearted bottles, but this time I'm using Wyeast 1318 - London Ale III. Sure hope it comes out nice. It was my most popular batch last year.

Brewing up another try at my Fat Tire Clone

and kegging up a porter and a chocolate stout.

My Irish Red should be clearer by tomorrow, I'll test it again then. My dry stout for whiskely has 9 days under it's belt, so fermenters full. Working on my Burton #1 recipe, still doing revisions for my first barleywine, an old one at that, about 1820. :rockin::ban::ban::tank:

Brewing a honey Saison with Amarillo hops on Monday.

Turns out my local water is perfect with no additions for this style, should be a fun afternoon on the long weekend.

With any luck, I hope to do an IPA, a stout, an Octoberfest and a Mike's Hard Lemonade Clone. Rather ambitious I think.

Back to the drawing board on my pale thanks to some helpful tips from the folks on here. First time doing my own grind - may add jalapenos or watermelon to secondary.

Looking forward to some fine brewing weather, bbq, and maybe even a cigar!

Brewed up Yoopers House Pale tonight. All went pretty well. Had a break between the mash and boil for child wrangling so it took 6 hrs, but all done by 10:00pm.

Back