So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finished bottling a pumpkin ale, trying to bottle a double IPA tomorrow , but will be coming off 24 hour duty... Might have to wait... And I still have 2 batches to do still...

Next up:- BeeCave Robust Porter, well maybe.

I must start to make more brews that the missis likes, otherwise she might put the kibosh on brewing EVERY weekend.

"What you brewing this weekend, nothing to hoppy, nothing to heavy, nothing to dark i hope".
" No sweethart, honest, pale lager for you"

I brewed a porter, was aiming for 1.064, but undersparged a little and hit 1.073. I plan on splitting the batch in half, bottling one half, and pitching the other half with some brett for a month or two before bottling.

Missed my last brew day w/ sore throat & crushing headache, so I'm considering a Sunday/Wednesday/Sunday trifecta:

Sunday: 10gal Rye Mild, ferment 2.5 days in fridge at 68F & move to closet to warm & finish

Wednesday: 10gal coffee Porter, ferment in fridge @ 68F

Sunday: 2.5gal Brett C IPA, ferment 75F in closet w/ heater; 10gal ESB, ferment at 65F in fridge

I want to real bad but I need something that will be ready to bottle by 12/22. Any suggestions?

I'd like to brew. I want to brew. I need to brew (yes, need). I have time to brew. The question is, however, will I brew?

i came across the receipt from the brewing kit my wife gave me for a gift 2 years ago.. the same one i still use (mostly) and on the receipt was an itemized list of the ingredients included for the first batch... im really thinking of re-doing this quaffable pale just to reminisce a bit..

.5lb crystal 20L
.5lb belgian carapils
6lb golden light DME
1oz Phoenix
1oz Falconer's
2oz Cascade
S-05

most you guys/gals could brew this with your eyes closed.. !

Put down 10L of Black IPA tonight.
I just put the Carafa Special II in for the last 10 minutes, not sure if that got enough colour out… I may have made a brown IPA. Cool, never had one of those before. :mug:

Gonna try and get a brew in this weekend. I'll do my Helles lager recipe. Delicious!!

I have gone grain to glass in 10 days with this recipe. It is a very simple mild.

Five gallons:
8 lbs. Marris Otter
1 lb. Crystal 60l
1 oz. EKG

Mash at 152.
One package of rehydrated Nottingham ale yeast.

I want to real bad but I need something that will be ready to bottle by 12/22. Any suggestions?

Ready TO bottle or ready IN the bottle, carbed up, ready to drink by Christmas?
Any moderate gravity ale should be ready to bottle in 2-3 weeks. I often let mine sit around a while longer but usually out of lack of time to bottle not lack of readiness to be consumed on the poor beer's part!
If you need a quick turn around beer check out some session recipes-low grav styles like an English mild or a Belgian patersbier or low grav versions of any style like an IPA, stout, amber...really anything. Well maybe not a Barleywine or triple, but you get what I mean!
Do you have BeerSmith?

Had originally planed an IPA. But the kolsch I brewed in September turned out awesome and is almost gone. I want some for the Superbowl so remade that recipient. 10 gallons this time.

Barn cleaned out, goats are really unhappy about it. Grains weighed out, conditioned, and ground. Ready to start brewing first thing tomorrow morning!

Oginme said:
Barn cleaned out, goats are really unhappy about it. Grains weighed out, conditioned, and ground. Ready to start brewing first thing tomorrow morning!

We'll have to get together for a beer swap soon.

Brew day tomorrow. Making an imperial IPA with all hops from the Yakima valley. 46 pounds of grains for a ten gallon batch. Hopefully it's not to cold. Should be rediculous.

Late start this morning.... I slept in a little bit :) Mashed in at 6:05 after fumbling around the kitchen making coffee and starting a fire 'cause it was 58F in the house. Off to feed and water animals before the mash is finished!

Raspberry Wheat

image-3346438114.jpg

Back