So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This weekend, I am brewing a dark ale from a kit, my last kit ever (hopefully).

I have to start looking at conditioning times for my brews after this schedule I wrote out for myself ends... I need more quick-turnaround beers! Seems all my stuff either says to condition for 6 months minimum or turns into a brew that needs twice as much time as I thought.

:eek:

I should be pretty well set this winter, though. Novacaine, Duroracat, my black-cherry Apfelwein (which seems to not be infected after all!) none will be ready before New Year's, the RIS not until the Superbowl! We'll see how this Oktoberbeast ale turns out... at 9.2%, it might be a Decemberbeast instead!

This weekend is my first ever IPA. I put together the recipe and water profile last week. I have been brewing Belgians (18C and 18E mostly) for several years now. I'm still heavily influenced by Belgian concepts...I'm pitching ringwood rather than 1056. I just cant help messing with the yeast.

Pipeline is getting low so I did 2 today. A pale ale with Vienna as the base malt. And a Brown ale ABC Apollo, Bravo, Cascade and Citra hops. Long day.

Getting ready for the fall, brewing a Nut Brown (recipe from Gordon Strong's "Modern Homebrew Recipes") on Saturday. Got the White Labs London Ale yeast going in a 3L starter on the stir plate last night.

I'm going to bottle my nut brown ale tomorrow. Also going to brew that Cascadian Dark Wheat recipe I made last month. Gotta use the ingredients ASAP!

Plus, it fills up one of my house beer slots...

Gotta wait till we get paid Tuesday to order ingredients for Burton barleywine, Cooper's English bitter that 1G will go to vinegar, more dampfbier & kottbusser too.

46L of pale ale, challenger, EKG and Willamette. Hopefully more of a session ale then the last engagement ale i brewed

Mostly through my mash. Had to add .5 gallons of boiling H2O to get my strike temp up but I hit 152* as ordered lol. Then a batch sparge and boil.

I'm about half way through the boil on 12 gallons of a golden sour. Going to pitch some roeselare slurry into it, and I think I will give half of it some jolly pumpkin dregs too.

In honor of the recent "Why is everyone only into IPAs" thread, I'm brewing an IPA. Suck it. My last 4 batches were 3 saisons and an imperial stout, so it's time for some hops.

Gonna brew a 10 gallon French Press Porter that contains 100% local NC 2-row grains! Very excited to make a batch with locally grown grains, coffee beans and hops!

It's September. That means it's time to brew up a Pumpkin Ale. I've got all the ingredients lined up to make the Thunderstruck.

Haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate hate...
200.gif

As much as I'd love to, no brewing (or fishing) for me this weekend. We've decided to sell our house and move to a smaller one out in the country a bit so I need to do somethings on the honey-do list that have been put off a bit...like since I bought this house in 1997.
The good news is...if we move to a big enough piece of ground there's probably a brew "house" in my future.

I'm brewing a Punkuccino clone beer this weekend. (Pumpkin + Coffee + Lactose + Spices )

I'm brewing a robust Porter tomorrow AM. Its the AG kit from Midwest. A pretty good deal for 14 lbs of grain and 3 oz of hops (they had a 20% off code). My first brew ever was the extract version of this beer and it was excellent; so now that I've made the jump to all grain, I'm expecting good results. I might add some Maker's Mark soaked oak cubes after the SG has dropped sufficiently...

I'm brewing a robust Porter tomorrow AM. Its the AG kit from Midwest. A pretty good deal for 14 lbs of grain and 3 oz of hops (they had a 20% off code). My first brew ever was the extract version of this beer and it was excellent; so now that I've made the jump to all grain, I'm expecting good results. I might add some Maker's Mark soaked oak cubes after the SG has dropped sufficiently...

Me too. Doing Edwort's robust porter on saturday. Going to leave it as is since it's the first time brewing it.

Good luck with it.

Gonna do a batch of Pear Cider. Was also going to brew a batch of Heady Topper clone but will hold off on that one until we get closer to the Secret Santa swap. Maybe a red rye or stout?

Back