So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from my LBHS, grains milled and yeasts purchased for a 11 gallon batch of Saison. 1 gallon is going to be fermenting on its own after going through a coolship to see if I can get some natural wild yeast funk. The other 10 gallons are getting Dupont.

I'm on a roll! Cherry wheat on July 17, Pineapple Weizen on July 24, Sacred Summit PA on July 31 , Pliny Clone (minus the corn sugar in the boil...DOH!) on Aug 7 and now an Experimental Hop PA on Aug 14. Sculpin clone planned for Aug 21. Wifey might have me take a break after that, although her favorite Milk Stout is down to 2 bottles!

Doing my localized version of Tasty's Session Pale Ale. Danish and German malts and some extra hops for a hopstand. Not going to dry hop, as I want to farm the yeast from this batch.

Wooo, APA!:mug::rockin:

This morning I'm brewing up a simple extract pale with 3522, will be putting in orange peels in secondary for a mimosa beer. This is only being made to make a big yeast cake to make a BSD with the yeast, I want to see what it's like in a big darker beer.

Today I went to a new (to me) home brew store and walked out with 88.5lbs of grain. I see a brew day in my near future.

Today I brewed my sixth batch, my first all grain batch: a Two Hearted Ale clone. All went well, hit my gravities and post boil volume pretty well. Missed my sparge temp however. I think I need a better thermometer and a HLT would be nice. Also learned you can clog a bazooka screen with pellet hops...

Today I brewed my sixth batch, my first all grain batch: a Two Hearted Ale clone. All went well, hit my gravities and post boil volume pretty well. Missed my sparge temp however. I think I need a better thermometer and a HLT would be nice. Also learned you can clog a bazooka screen with pellet hops...

Congrats on the milestone.

I brewed batch #10 today. Cottage House Saison. Everything went well until I burned the s out of my shin moving the kettle to start cooling.

Finished a 6 gal batch of Back in Black IPA w/ my daughter today. Hit the numbers & its resting comfortably in my ferm chamber.
We also legged the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter we did a few weeks back.
Next up is a Ninkasi True Believer clone.

Next weekend I hope to be drinking, or at least sampling, my Saison. It is 5 days into dry-hopping, and I'm going to force carb it after transferring on Wednesday.

Not brewing this weekend. Big Summer party. Gonna have Centennial Blonde, Ginger Beer(7.3%), Blue Moon clone and a very nice RedRyePA. And for the wussies, a half of CL. 80 pounds of Firehouse chicken, 40 pounds of hamburger BBQ, 21 Qts of Old Fashion Pork BBQ and 20 pounds of hot dogs. Lots of salads and sodas. Hope I don't have to break out the Oktober Fest.

Brewing my first RIS this weekend. Big starter going now and planning on buying an O2 regulator and tank to oxygenate this beast for a healthy ferment. Using WY1728 Scottish Ale. Never used it before but read that it's proper for a RIS.

Gonna rack it onto some toasted cacao nibs, bourbon soaked vanilla beans and oak cubes, and maybe even some toasted pecans and bulk age in secondary for a couple months

My Austin Homebrew order should be arriving today, so I'll be able to brew this weekend. Belgian wit.

Actually, I may have to do a late night brew on Friday night because we may be out of town this weekend. Anybody ever do a late night brew before?

My Austin Homebrew order should be arriving today, so I'll be able to brew this weekend. Belgian wit.

Actually, I may have to do a late night brew on Friday night because we may be out of town this weekend. Anybody ever do a late night brew before?

Started a Vienna lager at 8pm. I was finished by 130am, a little hammered too

These mid-week brews kill me. I end up having a brew, which leads to more than 2, and kills my desire to go to the gym...

Doing my first 10gallon batch Sat!!!
Im borrowing my neighbors 16gal kettle and im doin a SA Boston Lager "Clone"! I know,i know be gentle!!
Gna b fun!!

Thinking about brewing my first IPA this weekend. Did a Scottish 80 export last Saturday that is showing no visible signs of fermentation making me a little gun shy.

Late brews are nice. I can take as much time as I want. There's no rush because all I'm losing is sleep, and I don't do much of that anyway.

I'm hoping to sneak in a house pale or amber ale sometime soon. I have lots of recipes but no time.

Getting together with some guys this Saturday to brew 3 different beers: 1 batch of American Strong Ale, 2 batches of ESB, and 3b batches of Brown Ale. It's all extract, so not the most exciting, but we're teaching a couple of the guys how to brew so it's a win!

I desperately need to start brewing my fall run of beers but I've been killing the overtime and haven't had time.

90 hr paycheck might make me feel better about it though haha

Either going to be crushing some apples and making Apfelwein (thanks EdWort!) or I will brew my Big Irish Red recipe. Its delish.

A little too much hops and a little too much alchohol to be a true Irish Red, but not too over the top either. I love it!

My Oktoberfest just finished primary fermentation... Moved on to the D-rest and will transfer this Saturday and lager for 4-5 weeks.

My first lager (and sixth batch overall). The taste is phenomenal so far... So excited.

Fixing to make 11 gallons of my house blond ale. I started out trying to replicate a Budweiser beer only brewed with a ale yeast. This go around I'm stepping up my grain bill and removing the sugar. My last beer is good but a lil to thin for me. Also stepping up the hops to make it fit the blond ale style.

Making the third or fourth batch of my Stone clone but with my new 15 gallon kettle.

Thinking about hopping the bejessus out of it with 4 oz of Cascade at 10 minutes.

SWMBO tasted an IPA with a big grapefruit finish and asked me if I could do that.

Back