So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning on brewing a porter on Sunday. Haven’t decided on the recipe yet, probably something similar to Black Butte

Brewing some more ESB tomorrow. Learned more and came up with a new recipe and some new equipment/ingredients.

IMG_20171209_134943970.jpg

Hoping to brew a Kolsh on Saturday, so long as I don't get the crud my kiddo picked up at school
Ended up not doing the Kolsh. Decided the lot of wit that I have in the cool closet would fulfill light/wheat need of the locals. Started a porter that will get a dose of vanilla in a week or two. And the family is healthy!

brewing a saison tomorrow. 'saison's revenge' due to the first time i tried (years ago as my 4th or 5th beer) it was a miserable failure. hope to slay it this time.

Pipeline is getting low, so brewed up another batch of Pliny clone yesterday. Was in a hurry and not paying attention, forgot both the dextrose and the whirlfloc. Gravity came in at 1.062, 10 points lower than the one I did on Wednesday (dextrose, anyone?). The Wednesday batch is fermenting in the house and this one in the garage, at 76 and 62 respectively. The Wednesday batch tastes fantastic despite the higher temperature, looking forward to comparing the two. If I can swing it this week will make up some apfelwein using the dextrose I forgot.

I'm bottling my latest APA / IPA, made with pilsner + MO malt, galaxy + chinook hops, this week.

This weekend I'm planning to brew a Czech-style lager made with pilsner + Vienna malt, Saaz + Mandarina Bavaria hops (saflager 34/70 for yeast)

I’m brewing a partial mash/ extract of a honey blonde this week

Just got my new BrewBoss BIAB system in and need to get it setup before I resume with my AG blue moon clone,

If weather cooperates and this sinus headache eases I am brewing Saturday in the snow... supposed to be 34 degrees so hose won't freeze up... coldest I have brewed is 24f... hose started freezing up so I had to let it trickle and make an ice skating rink in the yard. Neighbors daughter loved it! 10x10 patch of ice in a low spot she could learn to skate on.

If weather cooperates and this sinus headache eases I am brewing Saturday in the snow... supposed to be 34 degrees so hose won't freeze up... coldest I have brewed is 24f... hose started freezing up so I had to let it trickle and make an ice skating rink in the yard. Neighbors daughter loved it! 10x10 patch of ice in a low spot she could learn to skate on.
What are you brewing? Sorry you don't live in Austin...60F here.

Bought a whiskey barrel. Time to brew a porter for yeast propagation.

Finally brewing after a month long dry spell. An imperial Rye Porter on the boil now, smells great. I'm hoping to age some of this stuff until May (my wedding) and try out some gingerbread spices in some of it as well. Maybe It'll make a good contender as a Gingerbread Ale for the 2018 Twelve beer of Christmas.

I brewed a 3 gal batch of my I.m.P. ale today. Instead of Pilsner malt I tried Kolsch malt for the first time and it smelled great so I'm hoping it brings a good flavor to the final product. Hopped with Warrior, Saaz, and Halltertau. OG came in at 1.074, which was right on target.

Edit:

I think this might be my last brew of the year! For 2018 my first beer is going to be my first true lager, a Coronaish clone for my g/f. Can't wait to give it a shot!

Last edited:
Brewed up a batch of kolsch. I really hope it turns out good; it's only the second one I've made and I wasn't a fan of number one. Fingers crossed!

Grains crushed for a blonde ale tomorrow. Something involving Maris Otter on Tuesday. Need to work through the grain horde and get some beer back on tap.

Aiming for late this weekend or early next week to brew a Caramel Quad for the 12BOC '18

Brewed an NEIPA last night and my Blichmann Riptide went out during whirlpool....I meade a thread about the problem.......still went ok.....gravity feeding into the fermenters was annoying though

Latest posts

Back