So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bit late... But I just got off work and I'm gonna brew. Doing an extract IPA with speciality grains. Calypso, el Dorado and citra hops. We'll see how it goes! Wish me luck.

Ask and you shall receive...warning, could turn into a long post:

This is based off my "Boston Brahmin" barleywine recipe that was easily received as my best beer brewed. It was a 15% bourbon barleywine so I simply turned this down a notch to around 11%

I'll put this into the easiest translatable format so that people can do what they want with it:

Southern Kind of Rye:
Overall profile:
Project ABV: 10.7
OG: 1.1.04
FG: 1.024
IBU: 116
SRM: 18
2 hour boil
Mash @ 154

Enjoy. This is a beer that will be drinkable (with a hop charge) early and be amazing after 1-2 years. Good luck

Thanks, Calichusetts, that has been filed in my Winter brew sessions planning file. I've been looking for a good barley wine recipe. I'll let you know how it works out.

I'm planning on brewing the Peace Coffee 2nd Crack Stout kit that I got as a freebie with my last NB order on Sunday. It will be too young but may get a first taste by New Years :mug:

Was hoping to brew a vanilla porter from AIH this weekend. Ordered on Tuesday hoping for a Friday delivery but have yet to see a shipping confirmation. I should easily be within 2-day shipping so I wouldn't think it would take them more than 2 days to process an order. Maybe there's still hope.

Either way I have a Fat Tire clone in a fermenter that needs to get bottled this weekend.

I'm brewing my first Two Hearted Ale clone using harvested yeast from a six pack. So far my starter is looking great! I'll also be bottling my MojKeyTo Key Lime & mint Skeeter Pee, and kegging my first attempt at a Zombie killer clone. It's going to be a busy and probably drunken weekend. :mug:

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no one tell BigJohn that i'm brewing early on Sunday morning... maybe he'll figure it out as i take my equipment out... Seriously, i don't know why he'd get upset... i'm going to brew him some beer... sheesh!

Unless Wife takes over the kitchen on Saturday, I'm planning to brew a ESB. Pale ale malt (90%) plus wheat flour (10%), with a tiny bit of roasted barley added just for color.
Nottingham yeast, and I haven't decided what hops yet.

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no one tell BigJohn that i'm brewing early on Sunday morning... maybe he'll figure it out as i take my equipment out... Seriously, i don't know why he'd get upset... i'm going to brew him some beer... sheesh!

Wait. He gets upset when you take out your "equipment"? Am I misreading this?

Brewing a Bavarian Hefeweizen this weekend! Will later look at some of the recipes in here to get some ideas. Would like to make a 6-7% ABV one.

Haven't been able to post in this thread for about a year now! Brewing a nut brown tomorrow in my new house. Only an extract kit, as I haven't finished building my new brew stand. It's been a long time, so I hope it's like riding a bike.

Got stuff to brew my xmas beer and an ipa with all wakatu hops. Probably going to brew the xmas ale since its that time of year and all.

I still might; I'm running out of time today. I just finished grinding 6.5 pounds of malt in a tiny Italian roller mill I bought years ago. Not sure, but I think it took 2 or 3 hours. I gotta find something better... maybe that old Corona corn mill...

I just mashed in to start a batch of Robust Porter. It's a recipe based on Black Widow Porter from Brewing Classic Styles. I made a couple adjustments to give it an English influence.

Made two polar opposite beers today: One huge IIPA that didnt get quite as huge as I wanted it to, with OG of 1.089 (estimated 1.096) and too much volume. The second was a clone of Boddintons bitter from here, with estimated OG of 1.040 and not enough volume and OG 1.49. Oh, the irony! I'm sure both will be delicious. BIAB makes double brew days so easy.

I lit the burner on a Falconer's Flight APA at 6:05 this morning. Mash should be done in 15 minutes or so. I'm trying to sneak a batch in between chores this weekend. Dogs to the vet at 12:30. It's a good thing I'm doing BIAB. I'm seriously thinking about keeping some malt extract around for a quick extract batch during the winter. The weather's gorgeous here in SoCal, but the days are short.

bottled holiday red to give as gifts for the holidays. Bottled Bourbon Barrel Porter for me :).
Brewed Irish Red and Nut Brown Ale to keg. Great brewing weekend!

I have a 90/- in the kettle mid boil now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just brewed up a Java Stout from a Midwest kit. I made a yeast starter on my new DIY stir plate and was surprised when the krausen blew up into the airlock with 5 gallon batch in a 6 gallon fermenter. The yeast are having a party in there. Krausen is falling now, but probably should have went with a blowoff tube to start.

I used 3/4oz UK Challenger for boil hops, and 1oz Tettanang for finishing. The kit came with 1oz of Challenger (and it called for .5oz to be used), but I had the other and did not want it to get stale since it came from a recent brew.

I also added another lb of LME.

Had a relaxing brew day. No rush. No fuss. Turned out a nice 90/- that's chugging away.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brewed a Irish Red Sunday. The early Christmas gift "Electric Garage Heater" came in handy. 30 outside and 65 in the garage.

Vacation next week. Club party Friday, judging Saturday. So at some point between Sunday and the following Sunday I'll be bottling my English Cider, Belgian IPA, and Mild, brewing another Bluebird clone attempt, and brewing/repitching from the Mild into Robust and Brown Porters.

Brewing a 3 gallon small batch IPA with all Wakatu hops. I have all the stuff for a dry Irish stout too that I might crank out this weekend as well. Just depends on how much free time I get.

Back