So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doing a chocolate porter this weekend and going to add Maple Coffee from my french press to the keg. The coffee is from one of my favorite local/small business coffee shops I grew up near.

Looking forward to brewing a batch of house grog tomorrow. Turning my phone off, putting up the gate, and everyone can p1ss off. I'm busy.

Took tomorrow off work to brew. Doing a batch of dry stout and a Belgian blonde. Should be mashed in by 6am.

Brewing up the Shipwrecked Saison Saturday evening. I brewed a NB variation of it with Moteuka over the summer. Using Saaz and Coriander this time with harvested 3726.

Mashing in.

IMG_0612.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Brewing my second batch of ESB and second ever batch of beer. The first one with wlp002 is fermenting (slowing down already) so I'll take it away from the cooling water bath to get the new batch in with the Ringwood strain (wlp005). So much easier the second time!

Last edited:
Brewing today! Mashed in at 7am.

I rarely make the same beer twice in a row but I decided to mix things up. I’m using the same grain bill for the next 4 batches. I am however mixing up the hops for each one... magnum+saphir, mandarina Bavaria, magnum + hallertau, and magnum + cascade.

Keggrd magnum+saphir yesterday and going to repitch that yeast today.

Finally brewed again after a 6 month layoff, my last couple brews have been crappy, and needed a break or possibly just stop. but decided to try again and brew with RO water and additions instead of my tap water, hoping this makes the difference!

Brewing Friday with my daughter that is home for Thanksgiving. Probably two beers - one for sure a pale, probably an amber for the second. Then we will be using the yeast from these batches for 15 gallons of imperial stout that we will brew over Christmas. And possibly a barleywine then also.

I brewed 10 Gallons of Double IPA with 24 oz homegrown hops, and 5 gallons of stout with 5 oz of homegrown. Nugget, Zeus, Cascade, and Chinook in the Double, all equal amounts at 60, 30, 10. Nugget to bitter, Zeus and Chinook at 30 and 10 on the stout. The double will have a big dry hop too, probably 8 oz split between the two fermenters.

I'll be brewing my latest NEIPA version Friday, or Saturday, can't wait.

I am going to brew a 3 gallon Wee Heavier and then I am doing 5 gallons of a Mad Elf Clone. I am hopeful anyway, waiting on some ingredients for the Mad Elf, supposed to be here by Sat though.

@Scturo I need more Monkish I need it.......it's precious. Seriously though I was drunk by the time I made it through the Monkish and the Supercollider and tried your NEIPA but it seemed to fit right in.:bott: I dont like Ipa's but I was loving it that day, good stuff.

Now that we've got all of the family thanksgiving business out of the way, tomorrow is totally devoted to brewing my first kölsch then bottling a hefeweizen. Spent every spare moment of the last few days reading HBT in anticipation of tomorrow. Super excited even though I'm worn out.

Not brewing this weekend, but I'll be transferring a strong brown porter to a secondary and trying to rig up a sort of temperature controller, and bottling some cream ale. And generally straightening up my bottle and equipment storage area because it's a mess.

Hoping to get a brew in tomorrow. Finally get to use some homegrown hops. I'm also interested in my efficiency with a new monster mill.

I know how that it! Had back surgery in 2013...now every time I brew my back doesn't feel the greatest for a while. I need to rig up some pulleys or something...

I know how that it! Had back surgery in 2013...now every time I brew my back doesn't feel the greatest for a while. I need to rig up some pulleys or something...

Just brewed an Amarillo tripel yesterday and used a simple rope hoist for the first time. Makes handling the BIAB bag so much simpler and then very easy to hang while the wort comes to a boil.

This is what I used:
https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-000-lb-capacity-rope-hoist/A-p1550005e

I brew in the basement so the rope runs across the joists to a pulley and down the wall to a cleat. Super easy.

And back said no way in Hades are you brewing today... dunno what I did but I can barely walk today. Yes I have had low back surgery, sometimes something gets out of place still and I spend 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks in massive pain

I'm probably stuck working this weekend, so exercised my managerial might today and took off early. Got in and out of the LHBS quick and now I'm mashing a Pliny clone. Will set the alarm for 2am (since I no-chill) to pitch yeast. Husband is out of the way so it's a girl's brew night!

Gonna do a Fizzy Yellow Beer, have something for my non brewing, beer store patron friends to "enjoy" while visiting lol.

Hoping to make it two weeks in a row with a Scottish. Trying to get some brews out of the way I've had planned for months. Maybe can get the kegs filled back up...

Hoping to brew a Kolsh on Saturday, so long as I don't get the crud my kiddo picked up at school

Back