So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my Pelican Pond Pilsner on tap that is very yummy and I will be sad to see it go so I am going to make it again this weekend so it will be ready when the current keg kicks it.:rockin:

I'm brewing up 10 gallons of Lagunitas Little Sumpin Sumpin Ale tomorrow. I found the recipe here and doubled it.

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/homebrew-recipe/lagunitas-little-sumpin-sumpin-clone/

I wasn't paying attention and only bought 1 pack of yeast today. It's probably too late to get a yeast starter going for a noon start time.

- D

14+ hours is plenty for a vitality starter. You would have been fine. I usually start mine about 18 hours before pitch.

Planning to brew two beers this weekend. One will be my first ESB attempt, intended to be a Christmas gift for my mom's husband. This will be the fourth year I've brewed for him; I usually make him a clone of GLB's Canuck but wanted to change it up this year. The other batch will be a blonde ale infused with Cranberry-Hibiscus tea, similar to one I've made a couple times with blueberry tea. Just thought I'd tweak it a little for the holiday season :)

Taking a shot at an Gingersnap English Brown Ale

1478376526076-1804698821.jpg

Just about to mash in on 5 gallons of an APA. Switching up my usual grain bill a little bit and going with all Nugget hops. Should be tasty.

I just picked up a lb of nugget .If your apa turns out good please share the recipe with me.

Did my 2nd all grain batch today.
All centennial IPA
My brewhouse efficiency is at 50%
I guess i made an all centennial APA.

Hit my mash temps, so at least i got that going for me.
Which is nice.

Now that i know what my brewhouse efficiency is, i am going to do a couple of batches to validate that - then i will try to get better

Scored 6 gallons of fresh pressed cider today, OG at 1.060 should be potent. Gonna break one gallon off and do a cyser, the rest will be traditional new world cider. My temperature control is at the mercy of Mother Nature and this fall has been odd here, ranging from 30 to 80 degrees F. I wish I had room for a brew fridge.

Adding some depth to the pipeline, did the Heady Topper clone today.
Pretty much nailed all my numbers and hit the predicted OG on the nose.
With all the FO and WP hops the house smells amazing!

ab_05nov2016_01.jpg

Cheers! :mug:

Good brewday today. Got my winter Double IPA Rumble into the fermenter. Should be a kinder gentler Rumble this year at around 8%. Last year it got away from me and ended up at 9.2%. It was a delicious Pliny clone but dangerous.

Did a common mash at a local brewery with the brew club on Saturday (Learn to Home Brew Day). We drew numbers of who would get the runnings out of the mash tun first, second, etc... What a great time!
I went for an IPA with Bravo as my bittering hops and Citra, Amarillo and Falconers Flight as my late additions. I'll probably dry hop with them too!
OG came in at 1.091!!!! [emoji51] Was very surprised when I read the hydrometer and checked it more than twice. Can't wait to see how it turns out!
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478492066.472504.jpg

Wanted to brew yesterday as I had the day off but wasn't able to get my grains ground on Saturday. Unexpectedly I also have today off so Yay!! I will be brewing a big brown ale. So happy...

I'm brewing something this weekend, but every single time I decide on what to brew I think of something else to brew instead. There is just so very much to brew, and so very little time to do it.

Did somebody say brewcation?

I'm starting a two week long vacation this weekend. The primary reason is to hunt. However, I have made it my mission to also build a heat stick. Of course, if I do this, I will have to brew a batch or two to test it out! (After first testing it with water)

I think I'm going to brew a rauchbier tomorrow. I'm planning to do 50% smoked malt, but I haven't totally decided whether to do that 50% as all Weyermann's beech-smoked, or split between that and Breiss cherry-smoked.

Looks like I'll be building a fermentation chamber instead of brewing. Too cool in the garage. Get things ready for a pumpkin porter batch...

Going to do a chocolate porter, after primary i think i am going to rack a gallon onto a habanero or one of the other peppers we grew this year.

Not sure, yet, but I may brew a Bourbon IIPA. Problem is, I have full kegs. Or at least I'll only have 1 empty keg, and two full kegs at least to drink before I can load that one into the kegerator. It may be foolish to brew it right now, unless I can manage to bottle some of the stuff that's ready to drink.

Ended up going with a Black Butte Porter clone for my brew yesterday. Used the ingredients/specifications given by the head brewer so hopefully it comes out spot on.

Back