So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brown ale on in the brewhouse whilst I drink smoked honey brown and fresh hopped newport smash pale ale!

IMG_3911.jpg

IMG_3909.jpg

IMG_3913.jpg

IMG_3914.jpg

Whipped out a dry stout on my redneck eBiab rig Friday evening. Might be the last until I move most of the rig to a new 20 gallon pot.

I normally pride myself on doing more with less but the pot was too cheap to pass up.

Got up early and a Sculpin'ish clone is mashing away in the recirculating eBIAB rig.

18# of grain and the first time (never over 16# before) that I have had trouble with the pump nearly drying out the element. Stuck a short piece of 3/4" pvc alongside the grain bag and reduced the flow rate on the pump out-put... all is well. Whew!

Don

Primary #1: Nothing (yet!)
Primary #2: Nothing
Kegged: Joe IPA clone, Falconer's Flight APA
Bottled: Rye IPA, APA, Oatmeal Stout, Black Butte porter clone

Busy brew week, have some time off before starting a new job next week so: :mug:

Yesterday I put together my first Mead using Bray's BOMM technique using alfalfa / clover honey blend and Wyeast 1388.

Today did an English Porter. Hit my numbers on Mash temp, volume, and PH so naturally I overshot my OG by a full 10 points. :D Ended up with 78% BH eff, never gotten that with my igloo cooler before, thats more BIAB numbers for me. I assume it was near perfect mash conditions and a nice slow collection of wort but I need to investigate this. I didn't really want over 6% ABV

Tomorrow I hope to keg a Brown Ale.

Brewed up the start of my solera sour project yesterday. planning to brew the 2nd version of my chocolate coconut stout next Thursday.

Going to the LHBS this afternoon to grab the grain bill & hops for a Wookey Jack clone. Read somewhere that FW ain't gonna make it anymore so thought I'd give it a whirl. Will use some of the slurry from my White Trailer Trash that I brewed a week or two ago for the yeast, I waaaay overpitched that sucker and got 8 Mason jars full of pretty creamy slurriness. Could have been more but I ran out of jars.

I'll at least keg a pumpkin ale. Hoping to get my bitter brewed also, have to get the grains crushed tonight.

Kegging my first NEIPA on Sunday, so of course I'm brewing another one with a significantly diffferent recipe tomorrow. I love these things but early tasting on the first version indicates a miss, so hopefully second times the charm.

Maybe the first one will come into uts own with a few weeks of aging. So I'll have two different versions.

Not the worst problem I can think of.

My keg of rye pale kicked this week so I'm brewing a 10 gallon batch to replace it. 16 pounds of Maris Otter, 8 pounds of rye, hopped with Wye Challenger and EK Goldings.

Man, that's a lotta rye. That puppy must really have some zing to it. With those hops I'm thinking it's got a complex English aroma & flavor profile?

What yeast?

Brewing a run-of-the mill 6% IPA with all Citra (hmmm....I think Run of the Mill IPA is a pretty god name for this one...) I'm going to ferment a gallon with yeast harvested from Sip of Sunshine and the other 5 gallons with 1056. Planning on using the yeast cake to do something a little bigger next.

This is my first IPA in a while. I've been putting off jumping back into IPAs because of the cost (as compared to my English Bitters) and the fact that good IPAs are so easy to find, so I'm excited about this one.

Brewing a run-of-the mill 6% IPA with all Citra (hmmm....I think Run of the Mill IPA is a pretty god name for this one...) I'm going to ferment a gallon with yeast harvested from Sip of Sunshine and the other 5 gallons with 1056. Planning on using the yeast cake to do something a little bigger next.

This is my first IPA in a while. I've been putting off jumping back into IPAs because of the cost (as compared to my English Bitters) and the fact that good IPAs are so easy to find, so I'm excited about this one.

That's what it's all about. Sounds great!

Just mashed in my Golden Belgian Strong,I'm going to pitch yeast bay dry belgian ale for the first time.Hope it turns out good.

Doing a 10 gallon batch of Vienna and haulteur blanc lager smash. My 5 gallon batch came out fan freaking tastic. Killed a keg in a week by myself mostly.

im way beyond over "he with the most orange juice wins" ipa's so i'm going back to the 90's. all centennial, cascade, and chinook. tons of crystal 60. gonna be deep deep copper and dry as a bone. time to celebrate!
also collaboration on a berliner weiss, but i can't take full credit for that, so i won't.

Brewing my house ale Monday. Will get all the prep work done Sunday so all I have to do is fire the burners and mash in. Been a busy 5 weeks of canning and getting my fuel for the corn/pellet stove in storage. I could do one heck of a corn mash with 7k pounds of corn!

IMG_20161028_1625018271_zpsvoiwf510.jpg

Brewed my first stout. 2nd Crack Coffee stout. Went off with only one hitch. Had to replace propane tank as I was getting the wort up to boil. Other then that, it was a great day to brew.

Last brew on my old rendneck eBiaB rig...stripped her for parts. Got a Tarrytown Rusty Brown Ale out of it before I raided the carcass...to rebuild it in a larger vessel.

Slayed a barleywine today. 20# 2-row, 2# munich. 3 hour boil, OG 1.110.

Bittered with nugget, Northern Brewer @ 20. 2oz each Northern Brewer, Citra, Equinox @ flameout with 30 minute whirlpool.

This weekend is Learn to Brew day, so I'll likely be trying to brew something for demonstration. I half planned an Oak Bourbon IIPA, but I really feel as though I should be brewing something else first. Just can't think of it. So I guess I better get my Beersmith out and get planning that BA-IPA

I had planned to do a schwartzbier on Thanksgiving weekend but, know what? Screw it. It's gonna be mid 60s this weekend and the Packers have a 3:30 game, so I'm gonna do it Sunday.

Back