So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flying Dog hasn't released their Hoppy Wheat since last year and I liked it. Been on the bucket list since and having a go this morning.

Today.jpg

I'm going to brew an ipa with Pearl malt, fermented with conan, and hopped with centennials grown on my porch. I have no idea what kind of alpha acids they may have so we'll just see how it turns out. I'll probably toss some simcoe in the dryhop.

Pitched the yeast after my gravity was spot on at 1.048. Hope to see some activity here very soon!

I just finished brewing a brown ale that I pitched some wild yeast that I captured. Hoping for the best. The starter smelled good ... somewhat fruity ... so I am keeping my fingers finged. :)

I just finished brewing a brown ale that I pitched some wild yeast that I captured. Hoping for the best. The starter smelled good ... somewhat fruity ... so I am keeping my fingers finged. :)

That is cool. I captured some wild yeast about 2 years ago and I have turned it into my house saison yeast. Good luck. I like the idea of owning a yeast that is your own.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

That is cool. I captured some wild yeast about 2 years ago and I have turned it into my house saison yeast. Good luck. I like the idea of owning a yeast that is your own.

Keep us posted on how it turns out.

I will. This my second attempt at capturing. My first was a failure but a learning experience. I bought a couple of plums from the local farmers market that had a nice coating of yeast on them. I used them to make a starter and it came out smelling beyond foul. lol This time I left a jor of wort covered with cheesecloth on the front porch porch overnight. Like I said, it smells fruity.

About to start heating water on a 5 gallon batch of Oatmeal stout. I'm teaching a friend how to brew, which is why I'm starting so late in the day.

I am going to brew tomorrow. A red winter ale, with cinnamon and nutmeg . If time allows, a bourbon barrel porter.

Just brewed a strong Porter yesterday. The plan is to add cherries in secondary. OG was 1.070, should finish somewhere around 7% if my experience holds true.

Brewing this Sunday for the first time since July. Been busy with work and visiting family. Going to try a scharzbier for the first time.

Doing a batch of Imperial IPA Sat.

I ordered a cheapy outdoor 3 burner system last night from Amazon. It will be here Tuesday, so I will do a milk stout next Wed.

Trying my first Stout Sat with my neighbor also brewing his first stout.
Chocolate Peanut butter Stout for me and Chocolate raspberry Stout for him.
Looking forward also maybe crackn one Xmas Day.

Just brewed lighter Rye. Found grains from summer. Used hop remnants of several 1lb bags. Got grains for 10-fidy and parti gyle english stout for next week.

Kicked a keg of pale ale yesterday after 10 days on tap so I guess I'll have to brew some more (lots of guests for the long weekend meant a lot of beer served...). Will use wy1469 instead of notty though, add an ounce of hop to the dry hop and sub the pound of munich malt for a pound of wheat malt (the beer was a tad too malty). I feel I'm getting really close to nailing this recipe.

Motueka hopped dark ale and a Cascade Pale ale, both of which are getting served at a party in 2 weeks time.

Fingers crossed

Brewing up a crowd-pleaser, 10 gallons of Strong Scottish Ale (Innis & Gunn clone). Combining that with 10 gallons of my Christmas Ale. Going to be a very busy day Saturday. Hopefully, I'll finish by game time. Go green! Go white! Go MSU!!

My brother in law wanted a birthday present, and as a nice compliment, he chose one of my own beers, brewing it this weekend so it's ready in time.

Rapa kon taka (literally from the mudhole across the water, name play on american pale ale)

Batch Size (L): 23.1
Total Grain (kg): 5.238
Total Hops (g): 122.43
Original Gravity (OG): 1.050 (°P): 12.4
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.91 %
Colour (SRM): 7.7 (EBC): 15.2
Bitterness (IBU): 47.7 (Tinseth)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
4.583 kg Pale Ale Malt (87.5%)
0.655 kg Caramalt (12.5%)

Hop Bill
----------------
25.4 g Magnum Pellet (12.5% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)
13.9 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
20.8 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.9 g/L)
20.8 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.9 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 1°C with Safale US-05

rapa.jpg

My brother in law wanted a birthday present, and as a nice compliment, he chose one of my own beers, brewing it this weekend so it's ready in time.

Rapa kon taka (literally from the mudhole across the water, name play on american pale ale)

Batch Size (L): 23.1
Total Grain (kg): 5.238
Total Hops (g): 122.43
Original Gravity (OG): 1.050 (°P): 12.4
Final Gravity (FG): 1.013 (°P): 3.3
Alcohol by Volume (ABV): 4.91 %
Colour (SRM): 7.7 (EBC): 15.2
Bitterness (IBU): 47.7 (Tinseth)
Brewhouse Efficiency (%): 70
Boil Time (Minutes): 60

Grain Bill
----------------
4.583 kg Pale Ale Malt (87.5%)
0.655 kg Caramalt (12.5%)

Hop Bill
----------------
25.4 g Magnum Pellet (12.5% Alpha) @ 60 Minutes (Boil) (1.1 g/L)
13.9 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 10 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
13.9 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 5 Minutes (Boil) (0.6 g/L)
20.8 g Amarillo Pellet (8.6% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.9 g/L)
20.8 g Cascade Pellet (7.8% Alpha) @ 0 Days (Dry Hop) (0.9 g/L)

Misc Bill
----------------

Single step Infusion at 66°C for 90 Minutes.
Fermented at 1°C with Safale US-05

Isn't 1C a tad cold? 😉

I'm making a clone of Founders Dirty Bastard tomorrow. I'm going to add spices to half It at packaging for my Christmas Beer Merry Krampus Ale.

krampus_card_by_mscorley.jpg

Late night brew session tonight. Brewing a 100% Pearl malt ale for an experiment my brew club is doing. Everyone brews the same hop bill and uses the same yeast (bitter with Magnum, ferment w/ WY1098). Same mash temp, target OG, IBUs, etc. Only variable is we all chose a different base malt and it must be 100% of the bill.

Keep us posted on which turns out the best

Latest posts

Back