So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AG Pliny the Elder then added 5lbs grain for a Parti Gyle session IPA. Both batches got some what experimental hop addition technique. Bittering was all FWH, then @ 5min, then 2 whirlpool additions at 180F and 140F in attempt to not volatilize hop oils. Post boil sample was nice.

Heating strike water now for an IPA clone from the book SWMBO bought me.
Red ale tomorrow if I can get motivated...

I just got done cooking a holiday spice beer it should taste like pumpkin pie when I'm done I had people going crazy here for it last time hope it ferments quicker this time it took almost 3 months last time my friends are like zombies when it comes to this stuff give me pumpkins pie beer

Brewing up a Doppelbock today. New recipe for me from a book I downloaded a few years ago when I started brewing. Drunk Monk Doppelbock

5lb Golden Promise
5 lb Belgian Pilsner
2lb Carapils
2 lb Munich 10L
1lb C60
.5 Chocolate
.25 Black Patent
1lb acid malt
Brun Water Black Malty adjustments for my water
Zurich Lager Yeast

Excited for my first lager in my mini fridge/ITC-1000 setup. I have no overall plan for days at specific temps so I'll probably just check the gravity like most people suggest.

I re-brewed a Hobgoblin clone to correct some mistakes I made on my last attempt. All the errors were corrected but I induced another: boil over due to inattention. It's always something.

Boiling up Denny's Wry Smile RyePA.
I love sunday morning brewing! Start off listening to American Routes followed by The United States of Americana on the local public radio station.

Friday night: Bottled 8 gal of Centennial Blonde Ale

Saturday Morning: Brewed 5 gal Dwarven Warrior Oatmeal Stout, and 10 gal of SWMBO Slayer Belgian Blonde

Saturday afternoon: Picked up freezer to begin Kegerator conversion.

Brewed a 2.5 gallon batch of a Briess/Citra SMASH IPA, and guided a friend through his first brew, a dunkelweiss. Pitched Safale US-05, was working hard within 8 hours, smells great!

Going to try and get back on the horse after two infected batches. Went overboard on my sanitation to ensure good results. Next two batches will be Da Yooper's pale ale and a Jalepeno Cream of three crops ale...

Brewed up 5 gallons of English Bitters yesterday. All-grain BIAB, hit 80% brewhouse efficiency, used tettenger and Willamette hops with just a touch of saaz. Pitched a big healthy starter of WY1098 and we were off to the races in about 3.5 hours.

Also kegged for the first time yesterday. I've got a big black IPA carbing. It should be ready in a few days!

Sounds like a great plan...nothing taboo here!

I was worried, this was the first time pitching a slurry. Racked IPA to secondary to dry hop. Gently swirled the the trub and kept 2 of the 3 cups (I brew 3 gallon batches) and popped in the fridge, this was on Thursday.

So now I'm brewing on Saturday, so far nothing had separated in what I saved so I shook up the slurry and pitched one cup (likely over pitched) into an APA and after 24 hours their was nothing. Oh crap, I do have US-05 if needed that's when I started googleing how long it takes for a slurry to start.

So I decided to wait it out, some posts said don't worry give it time. Glad I did 36 hours later we have liftoff. :eek:

I've only done it a couple times. But I scheduled the brew so I was able to dump wort onto trub. Within hours had action. Once I saved trub to reuse, but early on in my hb brewing days, so it didn't ferment right. As long as everything is sanitized should be fine.

Setting up for a Saturday brew of an APA for a friend's birthday next month. I'll really have to move this through the pipeline crisply to make the date.

My Oktoberfest I brewed ~2 months ago or so just finished bottle conditioning, so I will be moving a few bombers over to the fridge for a week or so tonight... Going to have a little "Oktoberfest" complete with steins, sausage and all that good stuff for the release with family.

I will be cleaning bottles tonight in preparation for my imperial stout bottling tomorrow, which is currently cold crashing. May split 1-1.5 gallon off the 5 or so brewed and use maple syrup (grade B syrup my aunt made) instead of priming sugar to see if I get any flavor out of it.

This Saturday I am brewing an IPA as I just have one bottle left of my IIPA brewed previously. Going to have 2-row, munich, Vienna and victory in the malt bill... Hops include Ahtanum, Simcoe, Amarillo, Mosaic and homegrown cascades. Plan to do some first wort hopping, whirlpool at 170F, etc... Also be the first I adjust the water for (just start doing that two batches ago). Also got my O2 kit in so I can force O2 prior to fermentation. Gonna be a fun one.

Gonna brew a cream of three crops recipe! Am missing brewing since my last two attempts were infected. Sanitizing like a beast so it won't happen this time.

Taking my first shot at a Belgian tripel - keeping it simple: Belgian pils, 1/2 lb. aromatic, WLP 500, about 30 ibu tettnager and saaz, and a couple pounds of cane sugar.

Heating strike water now! Got my grain, hops and other additions ready to add. Had to run an errand for my daughter's birthday or I'd be boiling by now...

Late night brew session tonight. Brewing a 100% Pearl malt ale for an experiment my brew club is doing. Everyone brews the same hop bill and uses the same yeast (bitter with Magnum, ferment w/ WY1098). Same mash temp, target OG, IBUs, etc. Only variable is we all chose a different base malt and it must be 100% of the bill.

Have a belgian tripel simmering away. Extract, only the third one, the first two came out so well (fat tire and sierra nevada pale ale clones,) might try a biab or at least a partial mash next time...

It's a long weekend up here in Canuckistan, I'm planning on doing 2 brews: A Bohemian Pilsner, and a Zythos Pale Ale. I've had the Zythos hops in my freezer for a couple of years, I figure I might as well use them up. I started the yeast starter for the BoPils last night - 5 liters! It's a huge starter! I haven't decided which day to brew though, probably Sunday.

Latest posts

Back