So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm brewing this weekend! My first time in over a year! (Bought a house, and all the busy work that come with it) An IPA using my secret blend of malts that, I think, tastes phenomenal.

Do you guys think year-old, sealed hops are still good? I've got a bunch in my freezer and I was wondering if I should just toss them or use them in the future.

I'd say they're still quite a few of us around, especially the lifers that've been here longer. Others are a bit more transient. And welcome home, maggot brain...cop a squat...:mug:

About an hour ago, the airlock on the IIPA started bubbling like mad.I hope it doesn't wind up needing a blow off later. That rehydrated US-05 is really going now!

Brewing batch 3 in the Grainfather tomorrow. Did the yeast starter this morning brewing a pumpkin and yes I know a little late but Pumpkin ale is good all year round!

doing a nut brown ale mini-mash. started cheating sometimes: mashing grains in a crock pot the day before, since i can set temp and time in mine. covering and refrigerating in a pot overnight, then boiling the next day. sparge just beeped at me...

Not sure what to do, I have some grain for a batch however I messed up and it's way darker than the recipe called for. At the same time I'm not sure that it'll be great by itself.

Oh well still have to bleed the pressure off a keg of watermelon wheat that's force carbing, finish my temp controller box, finish the kegerator and dry hop my centennial/Vienna smash beer hopefully all today

That double pitch of US-05 is still goin' stark ravin' berzack in my pepper IIPA this morning. Good thing the lid fits tighter than the ale pail's did!:ban:

Happy to say I made it work out and squeeze in a brew without flaking on other plans. Still have an afternoon/evening plan going on, and my regular scheduled early afternoon thing. Social gathering yesterday that lasted from noon till about 18:00 as well.

Ended up mashing in last night right before bed, and just getting my boil on now for a second take of Yoopers Oatmeal Stout. Great stuff.

Put two trappist style brews into the pipeline today, one using wy3787 and the other is the Spencer Abbey's yeast.
ab_27sep2015_01.jpg
The former has become a favorite recently, and I'm really looking forward to having the latter on tap...

Cheers! :mug:

Made a pale ale last with lots of cascade. Tonight I'm just bring a brown Ale to a boil. Added pumpkin and acorn squash to the mash... Looking forward to it. Still deciding if I should add any pumpkin pie spice to it....

Happy to report that after a few hours post-pitch on Saturday with no visible activity, my saison stout spent all day Sunday fermenting with a nice healthy krausen and lots of CO2 production :D

I was a bit worried, since I was using a half-vial of yeast left over from a couple of weeks ago. But I woke it up in a starter and all seems to be well!

Gonna be brewing the Common Room ESB recipe from the recipe section here on HBT. Got a 1L starter of WLP013 on the plate last night and all the good and grains are ready to go.

Won't be brewing, but my bucket & bags came in finally. If the English bitter is done, maybe Sunday I can make a gallon of malt vinegar & bottle 5 gallons.

My first solo brew on my own equipment tomorrow (my second ever brew). Doing a simple Hefeweizen kit from my LHBS. I wanted something easy that's also ready quickly since I don't have any kind of pipeline in place.

Left Hand Milk Stout clone recipe from here is on deck. Just have to get water and that final approval from SWMBO.

Tiny batch # 3. Chicago apartment life.

8 Bottles of Common room ESB are in the mash tun (slow cooker) atm. Holding a perfect 154F when set to low. Yay.

Don't let a tiny apartment hold you back. I've had 15-20 gallons fermenting at once in mine in downtown SF apt

Our old apartment had 12 gallons going at once. Mostly limited because I have to brew on the stovetop, no additional electrical heating sources allowed per the the lease agreement and I have no way to store/transport my 5gal batch equipment back from MI (it's in storage at my sisters house for a year~)

Currently have 4 gal going though.

Our old apartment had 12 gallons going at once. Mostly limited because I have to brew on the stovetop, no additional electrical heating sources allowed per the the lease agreement and I have no way to store/transport my 5gal batch equipment back from MI (it's in storage at my sisters house for a year~)

Currently have 4 gal going though.

I see. Yea I'm brewing on a crappy glass electric stove top. Super slow.

Edit: might just brew another 5 gallons today

Double edit: I did
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1443822991.936575.jpg

Going to try a two gallon batch of Wee Heavy, BIAB style this weekend. I've never done the BIAB method, been looking forward to it for a while.

Doing a Pliny clone-either Saturday. Or Sunday. Got my hops from farmhouse, great price, fast delivery And I really like how they are packaged

Brewing has been canceled due to weather. I gotta get me one of those fancy electric indoor setup thingys.

Best thing about electric - weekends like this one we're looking at in the Northeast (wet, wild and windy) are perfect for brewing!!!

Brewed a Saison that I split in 1/2 to try the new Imperial yeast (Independence) vs US-05 harvested just to learn about Independence characteristics.

I know it's taboo for a secondary, but I think I'm going to transfer (after 2 weeks) on primary to secondary to dry hop, and harvest yeast from primary for next brew..

Wishing I was brewing soon. I've been too busy to brew for about 3 weeks and have few opportunities in the next 2 weeks... :(

Brewing a bourbon barrel porter, a brochet and maybe sone spiced meads tomorrow

As long as I recover well from the beer festival I am going to tonight. .... I plan on brewing a pumpkin cream ale.

I just brewed a batch last night. SWMBOs amber ale. Her keg kicked Wednesday. That makes five batches in two weeks for me. The other four batches were all a blonde ale I made for my daughters wedding coming up next month.

Latest posts

Back