So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got 3lbs EL DME in 4 gallons spring water, set timer for 20 minutes. @15, added 1oz UK/EKG a let'er rip. The Cooper's can & Ice bath is next.

Phew! Got the first brew in too long going right now. Feels good. Mash s sitting a little low, but no complaints!

Mine's chilling below 100F finally in an ice bath. Gonna be tough to lift a 5G kettle with 4G in it to pour into the fermenter though. Not looking forward to that part.

Oh, I can lift it fine, but my bad L2 disc & hip joints don't like it. So I can't use my legs or back to lift anymore. Just brute strength. Still got auto worker arms...like Popeye. A bad back & hips will definitely F*** you up! Just gotta pitch the yeast & I'm done for a bit.

I have an Irish red scheduled for next Friday, and I have two recipes for one. One is an extract recipe, and the other is the Raging Irish Red from here.

I am seriously thinking this might be my first AG (BIAB) beer ever...

:D

So, talking with Justen last night, he wants to come over next Friday when I brew and watch so he'll know better for his first time brewing, coming soon.

Looks like I will stick with the extract recipe for him to see, since that is what he will be starting off with. BIAB will have to wait...

I'll be brewing a quick and hopefully tasty saison tomorrow. Following the style of the 15 minute cascade pale ale recipe:

3 lb extra light DME
1 lb wheat DME
2oz Saaz @15
1oz Saaz @5
1oz Saaz whirpool
Belle Saison yeast

This should let the yeast flavors dominate and hopefully have a nice spicy hop complement.

Well, I messed up & didn't buy enough spring water to chill a few gallons for top off to brew today too. Gotta get set up or tomorrow morning.

Attempting my first BIAB in a 7.5 gallon kettle. MO/cascade smash. Also, maiden voyage for Immersion chiller with a pump to recirc cold water. What could possibly go wrong?!

Got a big ol' imperial stout and a citrusy pale done, refilling the pipeline after a summer of just screwin' around ;)

ab_13sep2015_01.jpg

Cheers! :mug:

I also let my brewing take a holiday this summer. Too warm and too many other things to do. But now it's time to wake up and get serious. I had nothing in the pipeline and the clock (or kegs) are ticking as you might figure. I got 3 taps now and a kegerator that's crying "Feed me Seymour!"

I managed to throw one in a bucket today. I stopped following recipes a while ago and have yet to make an untasty beer. ;) I just throw together what looks good at the time.

This one's gonna be red! :)

5.5lb pilsner
1lb munich
1lb vienna
1lb cara red (20L)
1lb flaked wheat

1 oz saaz @60
.5 oz saaz @ 20
.5 oz saaz @ 5
1/2 tab whirloc @10

mash @ 154F
90 min boil
S-05

It had a FG of 1.052. Didn't want it that strong, so I added water until I got it 1.044. I wish I could ferment lower, but the lowest I can muster down cellar is 68F right now. That means my ferment will top 70 or higher :mad:

I gotta get me a chest freezer. Being in Maine, normally the world is my chest freezer.

Well, hell. My battery died yesterday afternoon while trying to start the car to get to the store for a few things, including spring water & ice to brew the Hellfire IIPA. That's on hold till I pay two big utility bills. However, the new stove's coming in Wednesday. 5th turbo induction element sounded good. Convection oven too for a real good price. To bad one of my credit cards can't get me a battery too? The Penny's one maybe? I've also got two handfuls of scorpion peppers came in Saturday from jmcquesten, so big thanks there. Gonna have more than enough for a couple batches of beer.
While I tried to recharge the battery yesterday, I msg'd my older son & yaked it up a bit. He suggested trying to make an imperial stout that's like a hot mole'. Spicy chocolate stout with the scorpions in it?...I am planning a milk stout with more chocolate malt in it?

Took the day off work to brew a nice Pilsner. Doing 2h long Hockhurz step mash right now. Lautering starts in T: -10 min.

After being over seas for 2 months, my last brew day was in May. I can gladly say I am brewing today/tonight. Couldn't be happier.

Brewing up a spiced winter ale. My first BIAB.

I am brewing a 10 gallon batch of my California Steamin' Common Ale this weekend. Today I picked up some WLP810 San Francisco Lager Yeast, Northern Brewer hops and tonight I build up my yeast starter. I'm a happy guy!

I finally get to brew this weekend after a long, busy summer. Not sure if I want to brew Skeezer's Zombie Dust clone or a pale ale that I attempted in the spring but hey...at least I get to brew!

Well, hell. My battery died yesterday afternoon while trying to start the car to get to the store for a few things, including spring water & ice to brew the Hellfire IIPA. That's on hold till I pay two big utility bills. However, the new stove's coming in Wednesday. 5th turbo induction element sounded good. Convection oven too for a real good price. To bad one of my credit cards can't get me a battery too? The Penny's one maybe? I've also got two handfuls of scorpion peppers came in Saturday from jmcquesten, so big thanks there. Gonna have more than enough for a couple batches of beer.
While I tried to recharge the battery yesterday, I msg'd my older son & yaked it up a bit. He suggested trying to make an imperial stout that's like a hot mole'. Spicy chocolate stout with the scorpions in it?...I am planning a milk stout with more chocolate malt in it?

Mmmm spicy mole stout. Throw in some of that abuelitas chocolate. I bet it would be really good.

Our faithful family dog passed away yesterday. He was a German Shepherd named Dante, so I figured I would make a German summer beer in his memory today.

Noble Old Man D's Honey Hefeweizen.

A few days behind on this, but I feel for you. We lost our Dante, a cocker spaniel, just a year ago. I brewed 2 batches named for him before that, Dante's Dunkel, and plan to make this an annual brew, although a little behind on #3.

I'm holding a club brew day on Saturday. Did it last year and had about 8 people brewing, but looks a little lean this time around.
Also brewing a quick extract batch on Thu with my Neice for her Bf's 21st bday next month.

Did an ESB last Sunday, and I think I should use this Kolsch yeast I'm building up this weekend. Then I need to start thinking about that Dark Helmet Imperial Chocolate Stout for this winter.

Bottling my Oktoberfest Lager that has been lagering at 34F for four weeks this Saturday and brewing an imperial stout as well to get that going. Plan to ferment for 2 weeks or so, transfer to secondary for aging/conditioning for a month at least before bottling... When that one goes in the secondary I will brew a harvest IPA from my homegrown cascade and hopefully by then, Chinook hops... But that plant took off slow before I transplanted due to being in a bad spot with not enough sun...

Gonna be cooler this weekend & new stove should be here any time now. Wanna brew the Hellfire IIPA this weekend. Hope I'm feeling better by then?...

Last weekend brewed a Drunk Monk Belgian Dark Ale. On day 4 of primary it blew out the airlock a bit.
This weekend will be brewing an all grain Cinnamon and Spice Oatmeal Stout!
Christmas presents for the fam and myself! Yumm!

9-10 gallons of 2 Hearted IPA clone tonight. Centennial hops are picked and freshly dried. Bells yeast starter is at peak viability.

Back